Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 10-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: bmw
An Official Apology to Jon and especially Manny

That my outburst of anger about a month ago due the last deal with Manny was inappropriate and moronic. Manny made some mistakes and I blew space high with that. I hope Jon and Manny read this and if you do, please reply to acknowledge.

I have always recommended customers to buy SMG wheels from Cutter BMW without doubt. I do have a very small stock of SMG wheels just in case CutterBMW couldn't acquire any. Recently, a paddle-shift customer from LA (and a lurker here) convinced me to continue and buy my parts from CutterBMW. He has some remarkable experiences dealing with Cutter and that he asked me to sponsor CutterBMW by ordering my parts. In returning a favour, I called Manny to make a purchase today, only to find that I have been blacklisted for non-Internet pricing.

I have already spoken to Manny to sort things out. I did not however curse Jon or Manny in any way. Cursing is hateful and that's not me. In admittance of my uncontrollable emotions, he has agreed to start providing me internet pricing. And for those who don't know yet, I am also sponsoring the board by buying a banner space too. Banner will go up tomorrow.

For those who have "teased" me at HACK's TechSession, gone on the wonderful trips to Malibu Canyon, Alpine Village, Death Valley etc, and how I invited fellow Bimmerfest members to the first ever BMW DesignWorks USA open house in Jan 2002 (meeting Butt Bangle etc), I am sure you know I am not a man of violent and hateful character. FYI, I have a syrian hamster as a pet. Not some bulldog...or iguana.... And besides frying my DSC control unit, I grow herbs in my balcony.

So there I repeat, I apologise again for my actions that might have upset or caused any embarressments to Jon and Manny.

Sincerely,
Vincent

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1 Supercharged E46 M54B25.
NASA TTD So Cal. Track blog: VSETrack

Ads by Google
Old 10-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Vince, as long as that Syrian Hamster stays in its cage, your in my book!

Edit, dang, keep getting gerbils and hamsters mixed up.

Last edited by Guest84; 10-15-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Here since day one

Mein Auto: 535ix, GL450, 991S, NSX
Vince, that is a nice letter and I give you A LOT of credit for taking the time to write it.

Your ok with me . . . eventhough you never told me where I could purchase the interior trim that you have in your car
Old 10-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Vince,

I wholeheartedly accept your apology on behalf of
Manny and anyone else, and will vow to never give this
another thought - other than as a conceptual illustration
of just how issues can always be resolved amicably,
and long forgotten as water under the bridge!

You are a valued key player here at The Fest,
and I'm sorry that any of this happend...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Re: An Official Apology to Jon and especially Manny

Quote:
Originally posted by VinceTopasBlau3

And besides frying my DSC control unit, I grow herbs in my balcony.

Legal ones I hope!

Old 10-15-2002, 01:17 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Re: Re: An Official Apology to Jon and especially Manny

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Shafer

Legal ones I hope!

Yep, Sequentialus Manualus.

also known as Retrofitus Paddlea
Old 10-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Re: Re: Re: An Official Apology to Jon and especially Manny

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Baumann

Yep, Sequentialus Manualus.

also known as Retrofitus Paddlea

Don't forget the important distinction of being from the
phyla Alpina...

Old 10-15-2002, 01:33 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
You pple are hopeless! I am referring to Rosemary, Basil, and Silve thyme, oh and a flower named ALPINA. No kidding...I have to admit though, I have a soft spot for petite plants. Friends all think that Lin is the one who takes care of the plants, but in reality, I am the one who repot and water them. Please I don't want any pictures of me squatting on the balcony on a sunday morning and repotting my cacti.

Jon, thanks for replying. Appreciate that. I just ordered some parts for a new-mini project. Hopefully things will work out fine.

And Rip, gerbils and hamsters are two worlds apart. How can you confuse them?

AlanF: check your PM.

And to all, I did fry my DSC control unit. Haven't had time to document my results. But still working on some rewiring for a mini-project. The Bentley wiring numbers for the DSC unit are all wrong. WRONG. All wrong. Driving to New Century with only the Rev meter working isn't fun. Everything else stays at zero. Red and yellow lights everywhere. For a moment, I thought X'mas was here....

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1 Supercharged E46 M54B25.
NASA TTD So Cal. Track blog: VSETrack

Old 10-15-2002, 01:38 PM

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Quote:
Please I don't want any pictures of me squatting on the balcony on a sunday morning and repotting my cacti.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Hey Vince,

I just had a very nice chat with Manny, and I must tell you
how he sincerely appreciated your post. He's been learning
more and more about the parts business, and more specifically,
about the Internet parts business. As time goes by, I think that
everyone who utilizes his services will find that it is the very essence of his good nature to try very hard to please his customers...

Thanks again Vincent!
Old 10-15-2002, 03:31 PM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Quote:
And Rip, gerbils and hamsters are two worlds apart. How can you confuse them?

Well, they're a TAIL apart!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: For fun
Re: An Official Apology to Jon and especially Manny

Quote:
That my outburst of anger about a month ago due the last deal with Manny was inappropriate and moronic. Manny made some mistakes and I blew space high with that. I hope Jon and Manny read this and if you do, please reply to acknowledge.

I have always recommended customers to buy SMG wheels from Cutter BMW without doubt. I do have a very small stock of SMG wheels just in case CutterBMW couldn't acquire any. Recently, a paddle-shift customer from LA (and a lurker here) convinced me to continue and buy my parts from CutterBMW. He has some remarkable experiences dealing with Cutter and that he asked me to sponsor CutterBMW by ordering my parts. In returning a favour, I called Manny to make a purchase today, only to find that I have been blacklisted for non-Internet pricing.

I have already spoken to Manny to sort things out. I did not however curse Jon or Manny in any way. Cursing is hateful and that's not me. In admittance of my uncontrollable emotions, he has agreed to start providing me internet pricing. And for those who don't know yet, I am also sponsoring the board by buying a banner space too. Banner will go up tomorrow.

For those who have "teased" me at HACK's TechSession, gone on the wonderful trips to Malibu Canyon, Alpine Village, Death Valley etc, and how I invited fellow Bimmerfest members to the first ever BMW DesignWorks USA open house in Jan 2002 (meeting Butt Bangle etc), I am sure you know I am not a man of violent and hateful character. FYI, I have a syrian hamster as a pet. Not some bulldog...or iguana.... And besides frying my DSC control unit, I grow herbs in my balcony.

So there I repeat, I apologise again for my actions that might have upset or caused any embarressments to Jon and Manny.

Sincerely,
Vincent

Old 10-16-2002, 04:57 AM
The Original Dr. Phil

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Phil
Mein Auto: 2012 135 coupe
Commendable response Vincent

I hope since I participated in your original thread that I'm not black listed Bottom line IMO Manny never did anything intentional to mess up any one, he was just learning on the fly. And he can't control those brown trucks.

I'm sure he will thrive under Jon's tutelage