Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 PM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,804
Mein Auto: X3
M3 allocations drying up?

Bimmerfest sponsor DeLon BMW (of Salem, Oregon) told me yesterday they have two M3 allocations left. As you will know if you browse the Euro Delivery forum, they do a lot of those.

I think M3 slots are probably starting to get sparse, so I thought I'd mention this. Nothing in it for me.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
afx twin afx twin is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
Bimmerfest sponsor DeLon BMW (of Salem, Oregon) told me yesterday they have two M3 allocations left. As you will know if you browse the Euro Delivery forum, they do a lot of those.

I think M3 slots are probably starting to get sparse, so I thought I'd mention this. Nothing in it for me.
i agree. that's why i ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. i will cherish my 1st BMW/M3...the last of a dying breed. with all this bangle design, im glad the opportunity for me to get the e46 came. im not a fan of bangle and i believe a car's looks SHOULDN'T have to "grow" on you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
ThatOneGuy ThatOneGuy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 372
Mein Auto: 2006 M3 ZCP
Most SF Bay Area dealers are supposedly out of allocation from what I hear.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,804
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by afx twin
i agree. that's why i ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. i will cherish my 1st BMW/M3...the last of a dying breed. with all this bangle design, im glad the opportunity for me to get the e46 came. im not a fan of bangle and i believe a car's looks SHOULDN'T have to "grow" on you.
Congrats! Did you already post the details?

And I agree 100 percent. For those who like the newer cars, great! But I'm not feeling it at all...
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2006, 03:18 PM
afx twin afx twin is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
Congrats! Did you already post the details?

And I agree 100 percent. For those who like the newer cars, great! But I'm not feeling it at all...

no i didnt post the details, but i will now. not much of anything anyways...

2006 M3
Silver-Grey
Manual Trans
Black Nappa with Silver Trim
Xenons
OEM 18"s
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Estoril Estoril is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: '06 M3
I too don't care for the new designs and hooked a 2006 M3. I wish I had hope for the E90 M3 design - but there is only so much one can do with the E90.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
sonnyjack sonnyjack is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Laurel, Md
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 122
Mein Auto: '09 M3 Jerez/6MT
I just ordered my M3 on Friday and my salesperson @ VOB said that come Mid to late April the spigot will officially be turned off. Now if I can just wait 5 more weeks!!

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 PM
mike in o.c. mike in o.c. is offline
Registered User
Location: Placentia, CA
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 34
Mein Auto: 2006 M3 ZCP
Ordered my 2006 M3 today. The dealer had a couple of allocations left. March and April slots, and then that's it. Specifics:
Sparkling Graphic Metallic (special order)
Leather/Alcantara
SMG
Xenon
Memory seats
HK

I wanted a base model, with little frills. Most of the models in stock where convertibles or coupes with the Competition Package.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2006, 06:54 AM
afx twin afx twin is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M3
congrats to sunnyjack and mike in oc! i too am not interested in many options as u can see in my order. my boat comes in on saturday. i can hardly wait.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2006, 07:21 AM
OnOn OnOn is offline
Registered User
Location: VA
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: '07 E93 335i
How difficult/more $ was the custom color on your M3? Did they make it difficult.....I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on an April allocation for a M3 Convertible with Interlagos Blue Metalic.

Does anybody want to talk me out of this? (please don't!)

Cheers,

OnOn
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
afx twin afx twin is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M3
i believe its a 2500 dollar option. not sure about the interlagos being available in that category as it was meant for the competition package only. i never went through special order so i dont know if it would be available there. u can always ask! i would have loved to get mine in Laguna Seca Blue but 2500 is a bit steep for just paint.

edit: you have to go thru the "individual program" to get custom colors. US is very picky and finding a dealer willing to go through the hassle is tough. you need to ask around.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:09 AM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,804
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOn
How difficult/more $ was the custom color on your M3? Did they make it difficult.....I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on an April allocation for a M3 Convertible with Interlagos Blue Metalic.

Does anybody want to talk me out of this? (please don't!)

Cheers,
OnOn
$2000 retail/$1820 wholesale for a custom color. That would be a good-looking cabrio! Custom colors might get extra-challenging late in the production cycle.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:16 AM
whiskey.org whiskey.org is offline
Artie's my hero
Location: east bay, CA
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,075
Mein Auto: Z4, E90 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril
I too don't care for the new designs and hooked a 2006 M3. I wish I had hope for the E90 M3 design - but there is only so much one can do with the E90.

what do you think people thought about the E46 in 1999?????
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Kurt Martin's Avatar
Kurt Martin Kurt Martin is offline
It's not all that bad...
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 300
Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey.org
what do you think people thought about the E46 in 1999?????
I think people loved it. I know I did. There was no controversy over the E46 design that I am aware of.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
///M forum moderator
Location: Lake Tyler, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,291
Mein Auto: 88 E30 M3.2, 08 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
I think people loved it. I know I did. There was no controversy over the E46 design that I am aware of.
Yeah there was. There was lots of people complaining about the E46 style when it came out. THere are always complaints abut the new body style when they come out. People don't like change.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-14-2006, 07:12 PM
beewang's Avatar
beewang beewang is offline
Bo-ma-win!
Location: Eugene, OREGON, Home to the Rose Bowl Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 7,691
Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin
I think people loved it. I know I did. There was no controversy over the E46 design that I am aware of.

Yeah right.... that's because you weren't around back in 1999 or you are just plain ignorent

There were complaints about the car being ugly, and cheap interior and crappy ergonomics. Its the same crap everytime there is a model change.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-14-2006, 07:47 PM
IndyMike's Avatar
IndyMike IndyMike is offline
Elected by grace
Location: Indianapolis, IN
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,884
Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
Custom colors might get extra-challenging late in the production cycle.
If not impossible.
__________________
The path to God is clear, and it takes us to the cross.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Chipster Chipster is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 848
Mein Auto: 2003 540-6spd 10/02 build
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike in o.c.
Ordered my 2006 M3 today. The dealer had a couple of allocations left. March and April slots, and then that's it. Specifics:
Sparkling Graphic Metallic (special order)
Leather/Alcantara
SMG
Xenon
Memory seats
HK

I wanted a base model, with little frills. Most of the models in stock where convertibles or coupes with the Competition Package.
I too am in OC and was talking to one of the local dealers tonight. Drove a Comp Pkg w/SMG. Not sure I like the SMG...did any of you find the dealer willing to work on the price? I'm semi on the fence and the dealer gave me the ol' "ya know these are still a hot car so we don't need to deal on the price" line. Seems like the local dealers all have the M3s totally optioned out.

Anyway, back to my original question, were any of you able to get the dealer to negociate any thing? The one I was looking at was stickered at $64 (coupe ZCW ZCP ZPP and a few others) I told them wholesale was probably close to $60 and they said "you'll never come close..."
__________________
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Chipster Chipster is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Orange County, CA
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 848
Mein Auto: 2003 540-6spd 10/02 build
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey.org
what do you think people thought about the E46 in 1999?????
I absolutly loved the e46 when it came out. I can't say the same thing about the E90 though...But opinions are like @ssh0les, everyone has one and they all stink
__________________
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2006, 10:13 PM
LMC's Avatar
LMC LMC is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Oregon
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,804
Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike
If not impossible.
Well, there's always the aftermarket... rip 1x1 color chip out of old M5 brochure, take to Home Depot paint department for computerized color matching, have them make up several gallons, buy one of those Black & Decker spray thingies and a shopping cart full of painter's tape. Several days later...voila! A Le Mans Blau M3 (with Jet Black underhood, door jambs, etc.) Total cost...maybe $500. You can thank me later.
__________________
Larry
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-15-2006, 05:02 AM
afx twin afx twin is offline
Registered User
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 80
Mein Auto: 2006 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster
I too am in OC and was talking to one of the local dealers tonight. Drove a Comp Pkg w/SMG. Not sure I like the SMG...did any of you find the dealer willing to work on the price? I'm semi on the fence and the dealer gave me the ol' "ya know these are still a hot car so we don't need to deal on the price" line. Seems like the local dealers all have the M3s totally optioned out.

Anyway, back to my original question, were any of you able to get the dealer to negociate any thing? The one I was looking at was stickered at $64 (coupe ZCW ZCP ZPP and a few others) I told them wholesale was probably close to $60 and they said "you'll never come close..."
i got 1250 over invoice. look around until u find the deal you feel comfortable with. but dont wait too long as time is of the essence now.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Kurt Martin's Avatar
Kurt Martin Kurt Martin is offline
It's not all that bad...
Location: San Jose, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 300
Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
Yeah right.... that's because you weren't around back in 1999 or you are just plain ignorent

There were complaints about the car being ugly, and cheap interior and crappy ergonomics. Its the same crap everytime there is a model change.
Beewang, there's no reason to be insulting. I said I wasn't aware of any controversy. Since this board did not exist in 1999, I was on roadfly.com. I really don't remember any big controversy there over the E46 design when it was new. Sure, there are always people who complain, but the new Bangle-ized bimmers have created a huge and noticable increase in complaints about the new design. I really don't think the introduction of the E46 generated a comparable amount of complaints.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-15-2006, 10:06 AM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,650
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
The jist of the complaints for new model designs is usually from a subconscious source.

i.e. New models comes out, you current car is now dated, now you have to fork out more money to get current again.

What do some people do? They bash the new design so they feel better about not buying the new model. Than they finally cave and get the new model.

Now the E46 is loved buy all and the E90/60, etc. are bashed.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Estoril Estoril is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Mein Auto: '06 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey.org
what do you think people thought about the E46 in 1999?????
I know that I liked the E46 design in 1999 - and got a 330ci in 2001. I don't know what others thought....their own opinions are up to them. I vote with my wallet and got a 2006 M3. If someone is dog nuts about the E90 design - they should go buy one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
chuck92103's Avatar
chuck92103 chuck92103 is offline
Banned
Location: Socal
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,650
Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
This dealership has $k off convertibles if you are interested.

They have had a good inventory of M3 for a while.

http://www.harloffbmw.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ModBargains | January 2005 Specials Mike@Modbargains Site Sponsors & Bimmerfest Group Buys 10 06-10-2006 08:35 AM
Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) on E46 M3 DZeckhausen M Series 26 11-27-2005 07:51 AM
Why does the M3 Driver do that? Jimmy540i.com Off-Topic 54 08-07-2005 12:47 AM
M3 Owners: Envious of other M3 Owners? Riuster M Series 15 04-21-2004 09:58 AM
So I drove an E30 M3 tonight... Jetfire M Series 47 03-27-2003 07:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms