Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series

M Series
The ///M Series Forums. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 10-24-2002, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: The Best of Both Worlds
DINAN chip on S54 M-coupe/Roadster???

has anyone installed a DINAN chip on there S54 M Coupe or Roadster??? how do u like it.. what gains did u get from it?
Ads by Google
Old 10-24-2002, 07:53 PM
Automotive Hypochondriac

Mein Auto: 2001 LSB M Coupe
I have had it installed. Frankly, I was only able to feel the difference in power once, however, it was quite noticeable. The difference I felt was just after installing it, so maybe I became quickly used to it. The higher rev-limit is also pretty fun, the car really pulls hard in the upper rev range. But by far the best effect of the software upgrade for me was the improvement in throttle response. It made shifting and starting from a stop a lot smoother. So overall, even though it is expensive, I would still recommend it especially if you are not satified with the throttle response.

Last edited by Pani; 10-24-2002 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: The Best of Both Worlds
what is the new redline set at? how much did u pay for the download and installation? i got a price of $420 plus tax... is this reasonable? how much did you pay? thanks alot.. your input helps...
Old 10-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Automotive Hypochondriac

I think the redline is the same 8100rpm that the M3 software offers. Either that or 8000rpm. It's usually difficult for me to concentrate on the tach when I'm in that range . About the install, that price sounds about right. I think I got mine installed for $399, but since I was having some other work done they may have cut me a break on the labor. Hope that helps,
Pani
Old 10-26-2002, 06:58 PM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
M3 redline STOCK is 8000.

Dinan software in M3 raises that to either 8100 or 8150. EIther way, it is too high for this motor. At 8000 the piston speed is 1 fps less than the F1 motor. VERY high piston velocities.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)
Old 10-26-2002, 07:15 PM
Automotive Hypochondriac

Yeah sorry that's what I meant, the Dinan software for the MCoupe/Roadster raises the redline to the same level as the Dinan software for the M3 namely 8150rpm. I don't really get up that high all that often. But the fact that the software gets rid of the step up in throttle at 1600rpm is helpful. I really hated that feeling when the throttle kinda jerked at 1600. Now starting from the stop is much smoother.