Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
Angry Entire Audio System Including Bluetooth Wireless Just DIED!

Everything had been working just super.... AM/FM/Single CD/CD changer/Aux Input/ Sirius Sat system/and handsfree bluetooth phone. Today I went to make a handsfree call per the usual procedure and everything went dead. It's a 2006 330Cic with NAV. Any ideas before I scowl at the dealer over this?

Doug
Old 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xiT & M roadster
Try a reboot...

It may be transient (or it may be more serious). Turn off the audio components, turn off the engine, wait a few minutes. Restart the engine, turn back on one thing--start with the radio, checking the volume carefully. Sometimes it resets the system and everything works.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: 1996 Honda Accord
Try making a call with you phone from the handset. I had a similar problem when I think my network dropped. I couldn't make a bluetooth call (they just ended) and there was no sound coming out of my system anywhere. I dial my wife (mostly to complain) on the handset and it cleared up
Old 05-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 E91 xiT
So call his wife...

RIP avincar - check out musicarnw.com in Portland, OR.

Specializing in European car audio and entertainment upgrades done right.

Also check out OEinterface.com - OEM integration resource
Old 05-13-2006, 06:28 AM
Iwanna330Cic

Mein Auto: '11 E91 & '12 Z4 3.5i
When this initially happened, I turned the car off, waited several seconds, and restarted. No change. So overnight, the car sat in the garage. In the morning, all is well. I have no idea how this happened, and it concerns me that it may happen again some day when it is important (phone or NAV use). And of course I can't live without my tunes!

Any ideas how to prevent a reoccurance? Thanks

Doug
Old 05-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Adolescent On-Call

Mein Auto: 330i
The "overnight" thing always works. Just long enough to totally rob you of good night's sleep. Nobody, not even the white-coat geniuses in Munich, have the faintest clue to it's cause or cure. It's just one of the surprising hidden features of BMW ownership.

Sometimes, my phone would flip out. I'd voice-dial and nothing would happen. So, I'd use the steering wheel and hit dial. Nothing. Then, as I'm trying a third time, suddenly the first call starts ringing, only to hang itself up immediately, then start dialing again! Everything worked, but in slooooooooow motion.