Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:10 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie

Mein Auto: 745-LI
Oil Pan Door

Hello all, i was looking under my car the other day and there is apparently a oil pan door missing does anyone know if there is a door there or not, if so where can i veiw one. i tried most sites with no luck..
Old 11-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie

Mein Auto: 745-LI
I change my oil between the 15k service agreement, however the problem i face is that theses cars should have an oil drop door somehow they were left out. The drop door shows on the part digram but the dealer can't find it to order it, its on the 6. and plastic on other models. the car has a slot to fit a door but usally not there if anyone can please look under the 745 of 750 and see if the can see the oil drop area if there is a door or not.. the reason i am concered is that whitout this door the plastic oil filter can be exposed to road depre thereby subjecting it to take a rock or something and the stupid dealers don;t understand.....they moved the oil filter to the bottom of the newer models and forgot to make the doors available :one dealer even went as far as to say that this is why you have a warranty so when a rock comes up under your car to the oil filter thats on the bottom and cracks it at freeway speeds you oil and pressure is gone and so is your engine... more money for them.....oh yea as far as changing your oil this is a no brainer 5/30 full syn and filter.. 8 8..5 quarts put in 8 the check and about 1/2 more check it again..

I have to put this text here since i can't even edit my own messages with this site a simple task that all should be allowed. without having to post 500 messages!@