Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: 01 acura cl
NOOB here

Howdy folks, my name is kenny. i just aquired a e30 325is. the car belonged to my best friend that perished in a motorcycle accident last week.
i am a complete noob to these cars. i am trying to finish the car the way he was trying. it currently does not run though. it is getting no spark. i did the basic tune up with all bosch parts, but there is no fire. the crank position sensor seems a little cut up from the waterpump pulley, but i was wondering if anything else might need to be checked as well.
i have a haynes manual, but it's pretty much usless. are there any other repair manuals that are affordable out there, or any suggestions on what it might be?

replaced so far:
bosch plugs, cap, rotor, tested coil, checked all fuses, and cleaned a few filthy electrical plugs.
Ads by Google
Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 PM
an audience of One

Mein Auto: BMW M Power
Hi Kenny, very sorry about your loss. My condolences.

As for the bimmer, check out the E30 forum - these guys can help

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96
Old 06-04-2006, 11:27 PM
Bimmerfied

Mein Auto: '97 BMW 528i
Hi Kenny,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you enjoy your new bimmer. Common causes for not getting spark:
  • 12 volt not getting to + lead of ignition coil
  • 6 volt not getting to - lead of ignition coil
  • Faulty ignition switch
  • Timing belt
Just a few things to check.