Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 11-03-2002, 08:00 AM
Fun Driver

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
Who stole all the BMW Badges on all the European BMWS

Reached germanz Munich today to take the Euro Dilevery of my dream car and what i found out here looking at all the BMWs is that none of the BMWs are badged here. WTH. How do they tell which one in which without having the badgessss. Anyway cant wait till tommorow when i pick my new car and the fist thing i will confirm if mz car is badged or now
I wil post some pics tommorow after taking the car.
Ads by Google
Old 11-03-2002, 08:09 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
LOL! It needs a trained eye to find it out

All 6-cylinders have dual exhaust tips. And of those only the 330s have chrome rings around the gauges.

The ones with single exhaust tips are either a 316 or 318.

Enjoy the trip.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:12 AM
Fun Driver

Mein Auto: BMW 330i
Old 11-03-2002, 08:14 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Be careful, they may give you a 316
Old 11-03-2002, 08:30 PM
Title Unavailable

Mein Auto: 2002 330i
Re: Who stole all the BMW Badges on all the European BMWS

Quote:
Originally posted by desiguyincali
Reached germanz Munich today to take the Euro Delivery of my dream car and what i found out here looking at all the BMWs is that none of the BMWs are badged here. WTH. How do they tell which one in which without having the badgessss. Anyway cant wait till tomorrow when i pick my new car and the fist thing i will confirm if mz car is badged or now
I will post some pics tomorrow after taking the car.
Your car will come badged. From what I found out on my ED the Europeans take the badges off for two basic reasons:

- If you have a low buck car, like a 316, why advertise it being a low buck car.
- If you have a high buck car, like a M3, why be flashy and pretentious. (Saw this M3, without badges coming out of the employee parking lot after the factory tour. Sheesh, the four exhaust tips really give it away....)

So they get both ends of the spectrum.

I so wish I was back there taking delivery again, it's a really "magical" moment. (And I do mean magical, everyone should do it at least once.) Other highlights, BMW factory tour, driving 135 mph outside Stuttgart, and averaging 100 mph for six hours on my way to Amsterdam. Damn. I need to go back.

Last edited by JT - '02 330i; 11-03-2002 at 08:33 PM.