Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 325Ci
Hi all! relatively new E46 owner.

Hello, all. My name is Orlando and I recently purchased a 2002 BMW 325Ci. I've been a member of E46Fanatics since....2 days before my purchase. Hoping to save up a good bit of money ($15K or so) to get my car to where I want it.

Future plans include:
ESS Twin Screw M54 Stage 1 (maybe 2) Supercharger (in development, price unknown. Estimated $6-10K)
Racing Dynamics Tornado Coupe body kit ($2495 plus paint)
Unique Design CSL Trunk addon ($325 plus paint and molding) because I can't afford a whole trunk and don't want to go through the trouble of making it fit and wiring it.
Racing Dynamics RS2 Rims (18x8 front, 18x9 rear) ($1525) subject to reconsideration since I haven't looked at too many sets of wheels but they're the nicest so far.

i'm trying to keep it subtle with a slight sleeper look. I may lower it depending on how it looks with the wheels. The supercharger comes with ECU software and intake so that will be taken care of. I may do exhaust but it'll take me a while to decide because i don't like noisy exhausts.
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2006, 08:45 AM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
Welcome, Orlando!!!

While your plans sound good, the first thing you should do is get a set of aftermarket sway bars. Many people here, including me, find that they are the best bang for the buck by a long shot. I put UUC SwayBarbarians on the wagon and the difference in handling and feel was huge. There's plenty of other kinds out there, too, just find the set you like and do it.

Then, join the BMW CCA and Auto-X with your local chapter. It's a fargin BLAST! The best way to spend 50-75 seconds. EVER!

You'll find that you hear the intake noise much more than the exhaust while you're inside the car.

As for wheels, just get the ones you like the look of the most, unless getting something super light is a major consideration.

Enjoy!

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .
Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 AM

i joined the BMWCCA the day i got the car and joined the NJBMWCAA as soon as i got my BMWCCA number. i'm not sure about participating in the events though. those events are really expensive for my taste (at least the driving school was...didn't look at the rest). i'll check out the sway bars.

i also forgot to mention i'll get a lightweight UUC stage 1 flywheel too.

Last edited by crashspeeder; 06-06-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Tightrope walking

Mein Auto: Jackwagon!
If you're referring to the HPDEs, yes, they are a bit pricey.

Most chapters also do Autocrossing, which will run you about $50 for a day. That's not too bad.

Building a ZHP wagon... click the pic!!!
-.-.-.--.-.-.-
Because BMW wouldn't do it for me
For Sale - HUGE part out of 2005 ZHP sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
My input is that ffej knows what he's talking about .
Old 06-06-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej
If you're referring to the HPDEs, yes, they are a bit pricey.

Most chapters also do Autocrossing, which will run you about $50 for a day. That's not too bad.
that actually sounds pretty good. i'll look into it.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Is it Trackday yet?

Mein Auto: 05 330ci 6MT
Welcome -
I can second the UUC Sway barbarian recommendation. Best mod ever!

I participate in HPDEs here in CA and can't find a better way to spend the weekend with my car. For the money you get excellent instruction and about 2 hours of track time each day. That's under $2/minute for track time. That doesn't include free rides with instructors which are VERY educational.

At the Auto-X you pay $50 for 6 runs of about a minute each, that's over $8/minute. So, the driving schools are a better value.

Gosh, you have $11k-15k in mods spec'd out there! That will be quite a project.

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin