Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 06-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325xi
New color?

Just this afternoon here in suburban Boston, I was crossing the street holding my 3 yr. old grandaughter's hand and I saw an E90 in an unusual wine color that I have never seen before. Needless to say , my primary responsibility was safely crosssing the street and by the time I had a chance to take another look, the car was gone. Has anyone seen this color before. Was it cusom? It looked nice, I'm not sure if I would have wanted that color but it sure was different. I'm taking ED of a Deep Metalic Green 325xi on June 23. I cant wait!
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2006, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: M3 Convertible
Barrique Red Metallic, was a late color as a Sept. 2005 addition. It looks better in person than any picture or sample.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:54 AM

Mein Auto: '02 330Ci
I thought it looked promising at first, then was disappointed with pics, but was trailing behind one the other day and it looked good. It was only a butt perspective though. The sun brings out murky rusty gold highlights - hardly looks red at all, but kinda nice. I willl recommend it to my dad
Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 PM

Mein Auto: A 5, two 3s, and a Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peschwartz61
Just this afternoon here in suburban Boston, I was crossing the street holding my 3 yr. old grandaughter's hand and I saw an E90 in an unusual wine color that I have never seen before. Needless to say , my primary responsibility was safely crosssing the street and by the time I had a chance to take another look, the car was gone. Has anyone seen this color before. Was it cusom? It looked nice, I'm not sure if I would have wanted that color but it sure was different. I'm taking ED of a Deep Metalic Green 325xi on June 23. I cant wait!
Congrats on the Deep Green - great color. I got Barrique Red (the color you saw) and have not regretted it. Just sick of gray, silver, black BMWs if you know what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blackline Side (Large).JPG
Views:	133
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	78097  
Old 06-13-2006, 02:55 AM

Mein Auto: '04 325i, '06 330i, 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC
Congrats on the Deep Green - great color. I got Barrique Red (the color you saw) and have not regretted it. Just sick of gray, silver, black BMWs if you know what I mean.
Exactly why my E46 car is electric red. I think I'm going black sapphire for my 335 but that Crimson Red keeps callling me for the same reasons. I think I just prefer the less common colors.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucedeuce
Exactly why my E46 car is electric red. I think I'm going black sapphire for my 335 but that Crimson Red keeps callling me for the same reasons. I think I just prefer the less common colors.
Rockwall, huh. I lived in Arlington for 22 years and had a couple of black cars along with my dark blue E36. TX dust and a black car mean lots of work if you are like me and can't stand driving a car that's not clean (or even a little dusty).

I'm guessing Crimson Red wil look similar to Imola Red or maybe even a little darker, which is very nice. Plus you save ~$500 since it's non-metallic.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC
I almost ordered Barrique Red until I saw the Deep Green and really liked it. The color that I saw was more of a wine color. I don't think that it was Barrique Red unless the lighting made it look different. I must have been seeing thaings.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peschwartz61
I almost ordered Barrique Red until I saw the Deep Green and really liked it. The color that I saw was more of a wine color. I don't think that it was Barrique Red unless the lighting made it look different. I must have been seeing thaings.
If it was an E90 and wine colored it had to be Barrique Red. The color looks different depending on the light - as with all of the metallics.