Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 11-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 330Ci
Post Picking up soon

I just place an order last Friday (11/1). It was a smooth deal. I walked in and talk to the sales guy that I'm placing an order ASAP. I showed him my numbers and the car I want. A couple of minutes later the deal is done. He gets all the paper works, issued $1000 for reservation and sends the pre-reservation fax to BMWNA. I was out of the dealership in less than 10 min.

I'm picking up the car in 12/20 and spend 4 weeks around Europe. Does anybody experience ED during this time? Me and a couple of friends are planning to drive the car for 10 days and drop it off in Paris (from Munich-Stuttgart-Frankfurt-Cologne-Amsterdam-Brussels-Paris) and take the Euro Rail the rest of the trip (from Paris-Barcelona-Nice-Florence-Venice-Rome). Iím exited about the trip and I been reading a lot about Europe for the past few days now. Iíll be happy to share my ED experience here soon.

I am currently shopping for a good financing. And considering my bank, BMWFS or peoplefirst.com. Do you guys know of any other? Hope I'll get some good rates.

A dumb question thoughÖ Should I get the VIN by now? Or should I be getting it after I give them the check from my loan?

-jaller
330Ci Black/Sandette, 5sp, SP, 18"
Ads by Google
Old 11-07-2002, 12:17 AM
Patented Worldwide

Mein Auto: 2003 330i
Jaller,

I'm taking delivery January 10 and also will have the car in Europe for one month. Looks like you'll be on the train at that time. Instead of the trains, have you thought about looking into using the cut-rate airlines, which surprising can be cheaper than the trains? (go-fly, air berlin, ryan air, buzz, deutsch-ba, etc.)

As for Financing, my sales Rep. left a message yesterday, quoting 4.9% financing. I think this is for 60 months, b/c I had told him that People First was offering 4.99% over 60 months. I assume this is a good deal...anyone?
Old 11-07-2002, 01:42 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
I'd avoid driving into Paris!

Congratulations on your upcoming ED trip! It was the most enjoyable trip for me and I hope it'll be the same for you too.

If you can fit it into your schedule, I highly recommend the factory tour. Call the number posted in the thread below and reserve your spot early (the English tour books up fast). But since you're going to be there around Christmas time, I'm not sure if the tour is available.

Based on what I read from other people's experience and advice from my coworker (who's French), I'd avoid driving into Paris at all cost. A brand new BMW is a big liability in Paris. If I were you, I'd drop the car off in Amsterdam or Brussel.

ian
Old 11-07-2002, 11:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 330Ci
I was looking forward of having a tour after the pickup, but I didn't realized that they need a reservation. Thanks for the info. I just called BMW for a reservation today and left a voice mail. I do have a question about it though... Should I get a confirmation about my reservation?

Thank you for the caution about Paris drop-off. I am now thinking of dropping off the car in Brussles.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:11 AM
B.O.H.I.C.A

Mein Auto: 325Ci
They'll call you (Peter Wilkey, if I remember correctly) to confirm or reject and send you the paperwork.
Old 11-20-2002, 05:20 PM
Homesick for a Lotus

Send a message via AIM to seivwrig Send a message via Yahoo to seivwrig
Mein Auto: '02 325i/'99 Ford Ranger
Re: Picking up soon

Quote:
Originally posted by jaller
I just place an order last Friday (11/1). It was a smooth deal. I walked in and talk to the sales guy that I'm placing an order ASAP. I showed him my numbers and the car I want. A couple of minutes later the deal is done. He gets all the paper works, issued $1000 for reservation and sends the pre-reservation fax to BMWNA. I was out of the dealership in less than 10 min.

I'm picking up the car in 12/20 and spend 4 weeks around Europe. Does anybody experience ED during this time? Me and a couple of friends are planning to drive the car for 10 days and drop it off in Paris (from Munich-Stuttgart-Frankfurt-Cologne-Amsterdam-Brussels-Paris) and take the Euro Rail the rest of the trip (from Paris-Barcelona-Nice-Florence-Venice-Rome). Iím exited about the trip and I been reading a lot about Europe for the past few days now. Iíll be happy to share my ED experience here soon.

-jaller
330Ci Black/Sandette, 5sp, SP, 18"
Personally, I would not drive in Paris with a new BMW unless you drive like a maniac anyway. Amsterdam is also hard to find parking. The last time I drove to Amsterdam, I parked at Amsterdam Arena (home of Ajax for the soccer fans out there) and took the train into Central Station. Some places are not good for parking. Even in Europe any BMW can feel big with the exception of the coupe.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: Topaz Blue 325i
Paris Dropoff

I dropped off my 325i in Paris last week. As long as your trip is arranged so that you can drop the car off as soon as you arrive in the city, it's not too bad. I believe they're open 9am-4pm Monday-Friday. As long as you come in from the nearest Boulevard peripherique exit, and make the u-turn into the underground Shell parking *before* you get to the traffic circle around the Arc de Triomphe, you should be ok. (The map of Paris in the free EU road atlas will show you which exit to take off of the peripherique)

On the other hand, if you have to find parking somewhere else to get to where you're staying, or start driving on the smaller streets, then yes, it sucks.

Have fun!