Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 06-24-2006, 06:32 AM

Mein Auto: 745i,clk55
Talking m6 test drive

I got to test drive an M6 this week. I have one on order for delivery as an 07 later this year. What i learned in the test drive has confirmed what I have read here and elsewhere.
The vehicle is a monster!! Throttle responsiveness was instantaneous and shifting can be made instantaneous. I didn't even use the extra horsepower button --- there was no need for the route the salesman picked.
On the highway I never got it out of 4th gear (80mph). That is something to keep in mind since you may never get to 5th, 6th or 7th in manual mode driving. In the curves, the 6 was awesome --- flat and sticky.
The downshifting is perfectly smooth and very quick - you have to adjust for this in your driving the curve since on a manual shift you would be much further in.
Upshifting will take me some time to learn to get it smooth. The salesman, a former Ferrari salesman, had it down fine but i was not nearly as smooth. this was my first time with this trnsmission and as you know it is completely different than the buttons in my 745.
The car I drove had all the options except the carbon fiber dash. My test drive had the olive wood which was rich and textured beautifully. I will put it on my car -- why pay extra for a sunthetic when you can get such an awesome real wood for standard?
The car was silver with the grey interior. The interior was a very light shade that I have not seen in other BMW's. The silver paint had a touch of blue in it and was much prettier than the typical true grey shade. All in all it was a very nice combination.
Last night I dreamt of black paint, red leather and olivewood!!!!!
Ads by Google
Old 06-24-2006, 07:38 AM
M SICK

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW M6, 2003 BMW M5
Question taunom:

Glad to hear you were bitten by "the bug" taunom. It's an unbelievably sweet car. I'm not sure about the red leather and olive wood combo. but to each his own !! Take care.
holmesmd
Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM

Mein Auto: 650I 2006
I test drove it yesterday to

all I can say is WOW I have a 650i convertable now. this car was in a different class. I am taking delivery on one in saphire black with black and carbon in oct can't wait

RL