Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-07-2006, 02:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: desk chair
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Tailgating is about the only thing I will not accept when it comes to stupid drivers. For some reason it bothers me unlike anything else. If someone is tailgating I'll take avasive action and either speed up and change lanes or make the car dance which often makes the person tailgating think I'm drunk and they back off.
If somone's tailgating me on the highway, I switch on the wiper fluid. At high speeds, the wiper fluid flies back and hits the car behind you smack dab on their windshield.

OR... if I'm in the fast (left most) lane and am being tailgated, I switch on my left turn signal and just leave it blinking until they stop.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted
If somone's tailgating me on the highway, I switch on the wiper fluid. At high speeds, the wiper fluid flies back and hits the car behind you smack dab on their windshield.

OR... if I'm in the fast (left most) lane and am being tailgated, I switch on my left turn signal and just leave it blinking until they stop.

I must admit to using the wiper fluid trick myself. Although, the left turn signal idea is NICE.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:00 AM

Mein Auto: 330xi-Artic Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowzer
I must admit to using the wiper fluid trick myself. Although, the left turn signal idea is NICE.
The one good thing about the Saab we had was the rear fog lights. Just touch those up and watch the tailgater hit the brakes fast! Too bad the US BMWs don't have the rear fog, I got used to it. I must admit in my younger days in my GLI I could flick pennies out the open sunroof without the tailgater noticing. Probably not the smartest or safest way to deal with it, but it gave me a brief pleasure of hoping they got a nice chip somewhere.

Around here the worst drivers are Audi's, followed by Subaru's.

chris
Old 07-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpooted

Uh, why not move over?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:37 AM

Mein Auto: LexusES330/335Coupe6speed
Only time i tailgate is when i see a person going 60MPH in the fast lane (average flow of traffic is 80-85MPH in this lane). Come on, theres 5other lanes to be in, but they still insist on being in the fast lane and having 6cars behind them.

As for the guy who throws pennies, one time this guy did a similar thing, except it was a mcdonalds ranch sauce he deliberately aimed for my car...you dont want to know wat we did to him later........ all im saying is, be careful engaging in those activities. Just let the tailgaters pass. I know the driving standards are alot different in California then other states ( i traveled alot in other states ) but theres crazy people everywhere.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: SG E92 335
The problem is too many bmimer owners are just buying the car because of the badge. If everyone was as into the driving aspect of the car as ppl here, we'd all be waiving to each other on the road.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2006 MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed325i
It's you.

I encounted a few aggressive morons on the road yesterday, when I was driving my wife's Forester.
same thing, when I drive my old Dodge Power Wagon 4x4.... Those A-Holes always want to race...