Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 07-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: Volvo S60 2.5T
Exclamation Used '06 330i think this is good deal?

So, been browsing the dealer lots around me, found one selling a 2006 330i with 7400 miles. It was supposedly a 1 year business lease. They want $37,995 and are pretty firm. The offered me a decent amount for trading my '06 Volvo S60 2.5T, $17,500. I'd hoped to private sale it for around $19,500, so not too bad.

The car:

2006 330i
- Black Saphire Metallic, grey interior, burl wood. (Also has more wood trim accent pieces, like the gear shift knob).
- Manual
- Sport Package
- Cold Weather Package
- Nav/Idrive
- Park distance control
- Premium package (maybe) I couldn't tell if it was leather or not. It didn't have a compass mirror, but maybe that is because it had the Nav? It did have BMW assist, although that could have been a standalone option. The seats did have 2 memory buttons, but is that standard with sport package? How can I tell for sure if it has the premium package and/or leather?

The car is in pretty good shape. A few scratches here and there, all relatively minor. Did notice a few scratches on the interior wood trim, and a small knick in the leather of the door panel. 3 of the wheels have a bit of curb rash, the guy must have been an idiot parking. The right front wheel has it the worst, a rash spot about 3 or 4 inches long on the lip of the rim.

So... what do you guys think? If I did ED of a similar configuration, assuming 1000 over ED invoice, I could get it for $39,700. So, I'm really only saving $2000. But, I would probably order mine a bit differently, and skip the nav and sport package, so I would be paying ED $36,400. The sport seats were nice, but I'm kind of a big guy, and the side bolsters felt kind of snug, even at their widest setting. I think I would get used to it. I would definitely get a different color, because the black looks great but is so hard to maintain.

Having a really tough time thinking clearly and weighing the pros and cons of this.One the one hand, I can have it now, and get a nice 4.99% rate for up to 6 years. It's close to how I would order it, except the color and I'd probably drop some of the toys like nav and sport package to save money. But, those toys are kind of cool (nav).

It seems like if I wait, I could private sell my car and get maybe an extra $2000 over dealer trade in. That would make up the difference between the ED price and this price. But, interest rates will rise, and I'll probably end up financing an ED through BMWFS, so it will cost more. I'd have to pay for a trip to Europe, but that would make a nice vacation. Plus, the car would be brand new, and I'd not have any doubts about its history. I could also ED a 328 sedan and save some more coin....

Aiiiiyyy.... what would you guys do???? Help me bimmerfest!
Ads by Google
Old 07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Freude am Fahren

Mein Auto: Fünfer und Dreier
The car should have a compass so it may not be PP.

If you are not sure, don´t buy it.

As you correctly note, you can get the car you want via Euro. delivery.

And that´s more fun.

F10 2014 535d M Sport Mondstein Metallic
F10 2012 ActiveHybrid 5 Azuritschwarz Metallic
MB 2011 E350 BlueTec
E70 2011 X5 xDrive35d*
E90 2010 335d*
E60 2008 550i*

E90 2006 330xi*
E90 2006 325i
E90 2006 330xi*
E39 2003 530i*
E46 2000 328Ci*
E36 1996 328iS*
E36 1992 325i*
E30 1991 318is*
E21 1982 320iS*
E21 1979 320 (6-Zyl)*
*retired
Old 07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Is this car a CPO? If not, since it has so many miles, you will not get a CCA rebate of $500.

Unless the car is at least $5k below MSRP when you build it on BMW's site, and is a CPO, I would buy new ED.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:33 PM

Where are the integrated garage door opener buttons located? I didn't notice these on the visor or anything. Just seems weird if it didn't have premium package, but had leather, bmw assist, and power memory seats, why didn't they just get premium? Maybe I'll drive back up there tonight and see if I can tell if the mirror has the compass, (I'm pretty sure it didn't), or if I can see the rain sensor or something.

The car is not CPO. The CCA rebate wouldn't apply to me, as I haven't been a member for 1 year. The car is about $7k below MSRP when I build it on their website.

Last edited by mikepro; 07-06-2006 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepro
Where are the integrated garage door opener buttons located? I didn't notice these on the visor or anything. Just seems weird if it didn't have premium package, but had leather, bmw assist, and power memory seats, why didn't they just get premium? Maybe I'll drive back up there tonight and see if I can tell if the mirror has the compass, (I'm pretty sure it didn't), or if I can see the rain sensor or something.

The car is not CPO. The CCA rebate wouldn't apply to me, as I haven't been a member for 1 year.
Bummer. Also note that you cannot buy and extended warranties since you are not the original owner.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Artie's my hero

Mein Auto: Z4, E90 325
you can get a new car to your liking for cheaper, so I really don't see why this used one is even an option....
Old 07-06-2006, 08:31 PM
This is the Cubs year)

Mein Auto: camel
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey.org
you can get a new car to your liking for cheaper, so I really don't see why this used one is even an option....
I agree.... just be patient and plan it out and you will end up with a good decision that although may not be the one here and now, it will make more financial sense and reward your patience with getting the car you want.

Sell your car privately
Do ED
Be happy

The car you are looking at isn't even a cpo and has 1 less year warranty and 8000 miles LESS warranty and as someone noted you cannot buy the extended warranty since you aren't the original owner.

Let someone else who is impulsive bite on this deal. Do yourself a favor and be patient and you won't regret it like you would if you go ahead with this deal.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:47 PM

OK, thanks everybody for all the advice. Getting a bit of time and perspective on the deal now, a chance for the adrenaline to fade away...

I don't think I'm going to buy the used car. The price savings is not that great over ED, and I can actually get it cheaper if I configure the car exactly as I want it, plus apply the private sale proceeds of my car. Phew, the impulse to get it know was strong though!!

I'm going to wait and do ED on car to get it exactly as I want it. I'll be the only owner, so no worries, and I can get exactly what I want, and nothing I don't want. It's a "once in a lifetime" car purchase and experience opportunity, I'm not going to rush it or give in to an impulse. I want to get the car the way I want it, and I want to drive it in Europe!!!

Now, someone buy my dang Volvo!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Adolescent On-Call

Mein Auto: 330i
Too many ??? Do ED and you'll feel better in the long run.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: '04 Honda Element
Thumbs down Ouch--seriously expensive transaction

Aren't Volvo S60s like 32k? That is some serious depreciation hit . . . I know BMWs are cool and all, but don't overpay for an '06 on TOP of the bath you're taking on the Volvo.

You're a salesman's dream--get emotionally attached to a car and you're done. I know, it's only money and you deserve it, but still.

My .02--WAIT and order one, or take ED . . . just read your post . . . good, deep breath, have a cocktail, get out the order form and your calculator in the comfort of your own home.

Cheers
Old 07-07-2006, 06:27 AM

LOL, I am a salesmans wet dream... call me Mr. Impulse Buy. Defiintely going to wait, get the most money out of my car by selling it. Then I'll ED exactly what I want. LOL, that cocktail really helped me chill.

After the rebates, I paid around $29 for it. So, not terrible depreciation, but not great. Unfortunately I live in an area where the market is even more depressed for these things. Plus, so many people around here work for Ford and get employee pricing on vehicles, it kills the resale even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinR_51
Aren't Volvo S60s like 32k? That is some serious depreciation hit . . . I know BMWs are cool and all, but don't overpay for an '06 on TOP of the bath you're taking on the Volvo.

You're a salesman's dream--get emotionally attached to a car and you're done. I know, it's only money and you deserve it, but still.

My .02--WAIT and order one, or take ED . . . just read your post . . . good, deep breath, have a cocktail, get out the order form and your calculator in the comfort of your own home.

Cheers
Old 07-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Bimmer back, Bimmer back

Mein Auto: F30 328i xDrive
The seats will have lumbar support (4-way button forward of the memory buttons) if it has the premium package. Also, you'd have autodimming rv mirror.

It sounds like a fairly good deal. Though if I were you I'd probably wait till the e90 335 comes out.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2008 E93 M3 IB/PS w/M-DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepro
So, been browsing the dealer lots around me, found one selling a 2006 330i with 7400 miles. It was supposedly a 1 year business lease.
LMAO, mike, I was reading this and thought that car sounded familiar.

That was at Ann Arbor BMW, right? My wife and I test drove it too. We were pretty sure on a 335i sedan ZSP 6MT for her next car, but neither of us had driven in an E90 with ZSP. Driving that car sealed it. That car was a friggin blast, so the 335i wil be amazing.

They are really trying to get rid of that car it seems. The sales manager seemed pretty aggressive. I think they know that they gotta move it before word of the E90 328i/335i becomes too widespread.

BTW, who are you going to hit up for ED on the 328i/335i? If Ann Arbor won't do it, I know a dealership in Ohio I am thinking about calling. We should try and get a group buy going. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but I haven't heard another word on i.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 PM

LOL, you guessed it, that was the one!! It was pretty fun to drive. I was worried that the sport package might make for a bit of a rough ride on some of the highways, especially on 23/M-14 which seem to have speed bumps. But, I was pleasantly surprised on the ride, it rocked! Not sure about the sport seats still, as I'm a big guy and the side bolsters were a bit tight.

I couldn't get them to go below their 37,995 price (it was 39,995 a short while ago), but they did offer an $700 on my trade. If they could find another $1000 in the deal, I might have done it. It will be interesting to see how long the car sits there, and if they get more desperate.

As far as ED dealers, I was going to try Ann Arbor and see if they would do it. I know for a fact that a guy at Erhard (Bloomfield one I think) did a deal for $1000 over ED invoice, so I'll try them next if Ann Arbor won't do it. I also have contact at the Traverse City BMW dealership, so might be able to get it there. I would probably be happy if I can get it for $1000-$1500 over invoice, especially if it is a dealer close to me. It would be cool to get some sort of Southeast MI group buy deal going, that would probably help the negotiations. Maybe we should start another thread on the idea when the sedans are announced.

Know anyone that wants to buy a Volvo? :-) Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/ee34e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkIRM3Vert
LMAO, mike, I was reading this and thought that car sounded familiar.

That was at Ann Arbor BMW, right? My wife and I test drove it too. We were pretty sure on a 335i sedan ZSP 6MT for her next car, but neither of us had driven in an E90 with ZSP. Driving that car sealed it. That car was a friggin blast, so the 335i wil be amazing.

They are really trying to get rid of that car it seems. The sales manager seemed pretty aggressive. I think they know that they gotta move it before word of the E90 328i/335i becomes too widespread.

BTW, who are you going to hit up for ED on the 328i/335i? If Ann Arbor won't do it, I know a dealership in Ohio I am thinking about calling. We should try and get a group buy going. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but I haven't heard another word on i.