Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM

Mein Auto: 323ic
1998 bmw 323ic

Good evening, first let me say thank you for the few responses I got on my earlier post but I still have 1 problem...It's a clicking noise coming from the right front side of my car...I'll explain the best I can...I live on a hill and start rolling down hill I can hear the clicking noise getting faster...When I stop it stops, when I turn right it's there where I turn left it goes away, when I accelerate it seems to disappear but not totally, after a few miles it goes away... Only to return when it's cool...I would post the sound but I don't know how to...It's an older car and I know it needs work, I just want to know how important it is...Thank you...
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Screamin demon

Mein Auto: 1995 325ic
A rock in the tire... Jk jk... You have to inspect it. No one can over the screen trouble ahoot a suspension componant or of the sort exactly.. However, things i would check. Wheel bearing. Tie rods and joints. The rotor and pads. The caliper for stuck sliders. Make aure the outer clip is on it also. Have a friend turn the wheel and see if you hear the strut hat bearing or if ita loose.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:11 PM

I have searched what the noise could be and all the noises I've heard are not the same as I'm having, I did however just watch a video on replacing the wheel bearing and noticed the ABS sensor, I'm wondering if it's loose, I don't have time to check it til this coming weekend so I'll have to live with it til then...But thank you for your advice...
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 e91
if its a tick, tick you are probably okay til the weekend....if its a tock tock, maybe friday...if its a crunch cruch, maybe this afternoon....

yeah, could be all of the above. I would start with jacking the car up, putting jack stands under the front and spinning the front wheels to see if you can hear it. that should isolate the wheels, brakes, bearings, abs. if you hear anything and its not wheel or tire related (including a rock or screw in the tire) then take the wheels off and inspect the brakes, pads, bearings, and other related items...it should be in there.....

JP
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

I wish I could add a sound bite so it could be heard...The Best way I can describe the sound is, remember when you were a kid and put a card in the spokes of your bike, the faster you went the noise got louder, as you slowed and came to a stop is slowed and kinda goes from fast to slow...But with it being a car it almost sounds like hard plastic flap on a gear or something...But Thanx for the advice...

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
Today's Posts Search