Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 08-29-2006, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Should I? M5

My lease is coming up on my 2003 x5 4.4 sport black/black. I can't decide if I shoudl keep this or not, as it's only got 45,000km on it.

To date, I've driven/owned 2000 740il, 2002 540 M sport, 2002 330xi(still own this) and 2003 x5 4.4 sport. All have been/are black/black.

Today I walked past and M5. It was silverstone silver. Silverstone interior. I'm not a big fan of silver, but maybe the grey ?

What are your favorite colors and why? What interiors did you or would you prefer best with which exterior, and why? For me, it's always been black/black. I noticed the one car today I saw had only 2000 km on it, and the seat was dirty. I almost purchased a 750i with cream interior. I got nervous about the light color and keeping it clean.

WHere I come from the M5 are 128,000.00 You've then got your insurance and your gas mileage. Ouch.

I sure am jealous of 760lifan guy with those three new 2006 beamers. In a perfect world, that would be my perfect combination of cars. What are you, ..a Dentist?

So, not seeing alot of posts on the m5 site e60, I realize not 'all' of us bmw lovers, can afford this particular car. Having said, that would you buy it again , do you regret buying yours, and if you could change anything, what would it be? And if you could have your perfect color combo's what would they be?

I may order a 2007, because the only one I can find is a 2006 and that's fine but, it doesnt have hud. The salesman I spoke to, indicated I didnt need the HUD. I realize I dont 'need' it, but I feel want it, since if I'm going to step out into a car like this, I personally feel like it should and I want to have 'all' the options, for that kind of money, why not go 'all' the way? I don't see the kind of upgrades in Canada that some of you in the US have access to? So either they come with some particular package, or we can't get it. Ie Satallite radio or HD audio. I do like the idea of having 'all' options, but to have that, I'm going to have to order one for 2007. Im being the libra I am, I'm going to be stuck on color. So far my three choices are Black, interlagos blue and the silver grey.

Last edited by Gordie; 08-29-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 08-29-2006, 11:18 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
No, I'm not a dentist - simply BMW-addicted (while others spend $30k on a single vacation, we consider our bimmers as our hobby..).

Black on black is the standard combo - you're never wrong on that. I love the combo I have - it's a bit cooler inside and offers this fancy dark/light-contrast.
We are very happy with our color-choices and would order them again. I was concerned about the light interiors, too, but so far, cleaning wasn't necessary (in Germany, we owned a 540i with black leather - and keeping that (looking) clean was not that easy either, especially after the first 2 years...
I think Sepang Bronze would also be an alternative and a perfect match to Sapphire Black. It's a bit darker than Silverstone. But once again - no dirt-problem with my seats. Whatever color you might take, it will always look awesome (Interlagos and Silver Gray are great, too).

I love the M5 and don't regret getting it. I also share the opinion that you should get ALL options - especially on a car at that price. HUD is one of the most important options. It's no secret that the M5 is very fast and the HUD already paid for itself by reminding me of the speed limit and avoiding tickets...Navi-info and Cruise-Control via HUD are also great!
Buying such a car is a big decision and I wouldn't simply "rush" into a car at a dealer that SOMEWHAT has the color/options you like. Order one instead and you get the car YOU want, built especially for YOU.

That's how I think about it...
Old 08-30-2006, 08:56 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 02 325Ci
Where in Canada are you Gordie? I'm in Calgary and they had a black M5 at peplinski leasing.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:45 PM

Mein Auto: x5
Im also in Calgary

I looked at the option of a few used ones but it seems, and this isnt a bad thing if you own one, but that the price barely moves on a used, ie 2000km vehicle. So I wouldnt buy a used one that I sort of like, verus a new one that has everything I want, to save 2 grand.

I'm at the point that if I do it, I will probably order a 2007, and I think the color combo I like it black with sepang interior. It offsets the interior against the black nicely, and its not as light as the silverstone

I would like every option, but from Canada I don't think we can get the satallite. And I'm not sure and I dont think the dealers are, about the night vision if its avaliable yet or will be rather. I'm definately up for the HUD but I've yet to find a 06 with it in, so ordering again seems to be the way to go.

I wonder what other will be or become avaliable for the 2007 m5's in Canada, and what options we Canadians don't have that the us customers do? I can't seem to get that info here.

What was nice to know was that the dealer informed me that I can release my x5 for a another six months, provided I commit with deposit on a m5. I don't want a sept production since I don't want the car will after the snow is gone by maybe march, so I have to ask, or possibly educate the staff at the dealership as to what production month would provide me the car by the spring. Two dealerships here in Calgary, both owned by the same people, and the one I usually go to failed to inform me of the option to release it for six months.

So, question is, do I want to go on the hook for 127 grand. Having never driven one, I sure hope I would be happy, and unfortunately in my situation, I am left with the problem of what to drive in the winter.