Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 01-21-2002, 02:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via ICQ to Joose Send a message via AIM to Joose Send a message via Yahoo to Joose
Mein Auto:  
White or Silver...

I went to the BMW dealership yesturday. I wanted to see the silver because that is what I had planned on getting. I got there and there was a Nice Alpine White coupe sitting up there. Looking at both of them together, I really liked the White. I dont know if it was the color or not because unfortunately the White had the 18" wheels while the silver only had the SP 17"ers on so it wasnt a fair comparison. I love how the front bumper on the white car has a silver front grill opening. The silver was not so present because it blended in with the rest of the bumper.

ack! im so confused
Ads by Google
Old 01-21-2002, 02:08 PM
Gone Motoring!

Send a message via Skype™ to ayn
Mein Auto: Smart Fortwo cab
Re: White or Silver...

Quote:
Originally posted by Joose
I went to the BMW dealership yesturday. I wanted to see the silver because that is what I had planned on getting. I got there and there was a Nice Alpine White coupe sitting up there. Looking at both of them together, I really liked the White. I dont know if it was the color or not because unfortunately the White had the 18" wheels while the silver only had the SP 17"ers on so it wasnt a fair comparison. I love how the front bumper on the white car has a silver front grill opening. The silver was not so present because it blended in with the rest of the bumper.

ack! im so confused
IMHO, AW is a lot cooler than Silver. Silver is a good color, but there are too many silver cars out there. Also, it might be easier to sell a silver car than a white one... if u plan on keeping your car for a while, just get what you like best.

--Andrew
Old 01-21-2002, 02:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Joose Send a message via AIM to Joose Send a message via Yahoo to Joose
Mein Auto:  
Also I dont know how well the White Exterior with Black Interior will look.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

Mein Auto: 2013 328i convertible
Ok, I have Alpine white and black interior and its cool as hell of course :thumb: ! Everyone that sees my car says, "damn, nice"...but its all up to you....pick what color you want, dont listen to someone else pick your color for you, but I LOVE mine..ZERO regrets!
Old 01-21-2002, 02:44 PM
stuck in the 70's

Mein Auto: 1970 MGB
Titanium Silver and Alpine White are two of my favorite E46 colors. One of my pals has a 2001 silver 330ci with black leather and aluminum trim - it looks terrific, inside and out. Another friend of mine has a white 328i with sand leather - very attractive combo. After much thought, I think the white looks a bit better on the 4 door (perhaps due to the contrasting black trim pieces?), and the silver suits the coupe a bit better.
Old 01-21-2002, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto:  
Quote:
Originally posted by CCs328Ci
Ok, I have Alpine white and black interior and its cool as hell of course :thumb: ! Everyone that sees my car says, "damn, nice"...but its all up to you....pick what color you want, dont listen to someone else pick your color for you, but I LOVE mine..ZERO regrets!
Got any hi-res pics?
Old 01-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

I disagree, the coupe looks hot in white..but thats all opinion...good luck! :thumb:
Old 01-21-2002, 03:11 PM

Mein Auto: 330/540/318is/MB190SL
Saw several today...silver still rules. :thumb:

Click on my sig for more silver pics.
Old 01-21-2002, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto:  
One thing about Silver, is it looks great with semi dark > dark tint.

White looks good with no tint but dont know how it would look with a semi dark tint.
Old 01-21-2002, 04:50 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

Quote:
Originally posted by johnlew
Saw several today...silver still rules. :thumb:

Click on my sig for more silver pics.
white rules here :thumb: , silver rules on your end I suppose.. haha, thank god for choices, I know I made the right one...now back to drivin and shinin... :thumb:
Old 01-21-2002, 05:25 PM
pimpee

Send a message via AIM to LilEccentricJ
Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Duramax Diesel
I'm with CC!! White is HOT on a coupe. It also cleans up nice after a ding... trust me!

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Does anyone rememeber my BMW?
Old 01-21-2002, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: 03' M3
I really like the way Silver looks on a German sports sedan. Yes this color is becoming very popular, but should be a little easier to sell. Also it holds up well to daily dust. Black is very nice when its clean but it shows everything. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the colors BMW offers.
Old 01-21-2002, 05:41 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
I'm with CC!! White is HOT on a coupe. It also cleans up nice after a ding... trust me!
Is that the same AW e46 that was always posted on .org? I though it had a lot more damage then that?
Old 01-21-2002, 05:42 PM
pimpee

Quote:
Originally posted by evilfactoryowne

Is that the same AW e46 that was always posted on .org? I though it had a lot more damage then that?
Yup!

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Old 01-21-2002, 05:45 PM
pimpee

Old 01-21-2002, 06:25 PM

Mein Auto: 330/540/318is/MB190SL
Quote:
Originally posted by CCs328Ci

white rules here :thumb: , silver rules on your end I suppose.. haha, thank god for choices, I know I made the right one...now back to drivin and shinin... :thumb:
Well, my wife had a nice WHITE Buick Century with a brown padded top for several years...it was nice.
Old 01-21-2002, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: bmw

Hey John, sorry to bug you again. Need your email addy. Could you send me an email vpwseah@nettaxi.com ?

thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by johnlew

Well, my wife had a nice WHITE Buick Century with a brown padded top for several years...it was nice.

Technik Engineering ASA Stage 1 Supercharged E46 M54B25.
NASA TTD So Cal. Track blog: VSETrack

Old 01-21-2002, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ

Yup!
whats the status of your ride nowadays? Is the pic in your sig a pre- accident shot? What happened to all the updates?
Old 01-22-2002, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto:  
LilEccentricJ

LilEccentricJ,

Do you have any more pics of you car? any hi-res?
Old 01-22-2002, 08:00 AM
pimpee

The car is all fixed and in perfect condition! The body shop (a BMW dealer) did an excellent job! I really can't tell it was ever damaged even though they replaced the entire rear quarter panel and front apron (cut and welded in). The paint matches perfect, beauty of white, non-metallic. The repair took only 46 days and just over $14k. The car tracks perfect and they were able to bring every aspect of the car back to original BMW spec. The good part was that the front apron tore form the front frame rails as seen here,

so there was no frame/uni-body tweaking. For the conditions of the wreck, well let's just say God was watching out for me.

See the write up here

Old 01-22-2002, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 02 330i SP 5-speed
white

i receive many positive comments on my white 02 330i sp. Awesome when clean, scary in the winter with road crud. I park every day next to a silver 2001 330 ci; it always looks clean - even with the same amount of dirt as mine. That said, I would not change. I think of AW as the classic BMW racing color - others will disagree. If I could get the original M3 Lightweight flag painted on my car that would be cool.

However. (I don't mean to get off on a rant here) Its all about the drive. An earlier post has sort of bent me a little out of shape. These are cars are not about drag racing. The solid feel, the growl, and taking the car to the limits with confidence are what make these cars great. Drive an Altima for 5 minutes and you'll understand. I have driven the altima, WRX, c-class, saabs, volvos, .... There is no comparison to the total experience.

I love my car
good night