Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 12-12-2006, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: 540/6 Sport
Thanks russell, hows the rex treatin you, are you modded? BTW I debadged 2 weeks ago and plan on putting the emblem on the kidney grille instead.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Something I like pointing out about debadging for those who think it's stupid. First - I like it, I debadged mine. I know what you're thinking, "Because you got a 325!" No, because I think it looks much, much nicer.

But my point is this -- If you have an M5, anyone with BMW knowledge will know it's an M5 even without the badge on. They will still have an appreciation and respect for the car because they know what it is, even if it isn't spelled out on the rear end. People who are not BMW savvy will have no idea what an M5 is, even with the badge on. You could put M5 in 1' by 1' letters on the back, and they'll still have no idea what the car costs or what it can do.

So that's why I think badges are somewhat pointless. If someone knows what the car is, the badge isn't needed. If the badge is needed to tell someone what kind of car it is, they'll be clueless even after you tell them.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:50 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Personally, I don't care if a car is badged or not - I simply find it funny if people put badges on a car that simply don't match - like the M 530i I've seen today...
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760Lifan View Post
Personally, I don't care if a car is badged or not - I simply find it funny if people put badges on a car that simply don't match - like the M 530i I've seen today...
Well, yeah, those are what we call morons...
Old 12-16-2006, 06:49 PM
fightin' round the world

Mein Auto: 91' 318i / 90' 325i
theres a sweet chevy testarossa somewhere in here
Old 12-16-2006, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: 02 530i sport
LoL, D.H.! but.... what's wrong with a M 530??
Old 12-16-2006, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: 3x330,AMV8,996GT2
msquaredserver, you are someone I'd call a (badge) snob. I will decorate my house the way I want. I will modify the things in my possession the way I want. I will debadge if I want to.

You are obviously into showing off, so that's all for you. I know plenty of people who show off their possessions, so here's a tip: your real friends know you do and don't care what you own.

I think it's a bit silly to take pictures of your car for others to see when thousands of others have the same car in the same specs. I think it's more stupid than debadging, really.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:16 AM
fightin' round the world

Mein Auto: 91' 318i / 90' 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc 540i View Post
Thanks russell, hows the rex treatin you, are you modded? BTW I debadged 2 weeks ago and plan on putting the emblem on the kidney grille instead.
the rex is good,she's a good car but man do i wish i was sitting in a bimmer everyday, instead of my subie, oh well good things come tothose that wait(i hope)

i think the grill badge is a great idea, they can look really great, i have total respect for anybody that can pull something off tastefully, i see a lot of the bmwcca badges in the grills around here, seen a couple of ac schnitzer badges too
Old 01-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Milk Steaks, boiled hard.

Mein Auto: specialized sirrus sport
i wouldn't debadge unless I had the top of the line model. And by that I mean ///M or AMG etc...

It would be cool to drive stealth
Old 01-16-2007, 08:40 AM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutme View Post
I think it's a bit silly to take pictures of your car for others to see when thousands of others have the same car in the same specs. I think it's more stupid than debadging, really.
That's what I thought as well - but I simply got tired of being accused of only claiming to have the cars listed in my signature. As sad as it might sound, but the old statement also applies to this board: "Seeing is believing.."
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 750i
all of my current cars are debadged and all of my future cars i will ever own will be debadged.

as a BMW customer service rep in munich european delivery center explained to me:
you dont walk with your pants down showing the size of your dick, so why do it with your car.
2006 750i, European Delivery , De-badged , 20" style 32 BMW wheels , hardwired V1 , Nokia 6230 (fw 5.50) paired and cradled. Options/Pkgs: Sport pkg, Luxury Seating Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Premium Audio Pkg, Comfort Access, Power Rear Shades, Sat radio. European front plate

2003 996 C2 Cab 6spd. Power seats. Heated Seats. Xenon. Bose. SmartTOP. RemoteTOP. ROW-M030. V1. Evo V-Flow. GIAC ECU. Aspheric mirrors. Turbo Bumper. GT3 Console Delete. Tint. SSK. PSE mod. Suncoast headers.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li View Post
as a BMW customer service rep in munich european delivery center explained to me:
you dont walk with your pants down showing the size of your d**k, so why do it with your car.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Pessimistic Enthusiast

Mein Auto: Audi A4-E39 530i-Audi A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
I was driving to work the other day, and I saw what appeared to be some 5-series. I didn't see any badge on the back, so the first thing that flashed through my mind was: "Some 530 driver, trying to look punk with a debadged 5." Upon closing in on the car, I caught the trademark ///M side vents.

Now, before I ask, let me say, I think debadging is stupid. If you have a good engine or model, show it off. If you have maybe a 2.5 or a lower end 3.0 (215hp or whatever) what are you thinking? That by magically taking off the badge your car will give off the illusion or not being a small engine?

Now it completely boggles me that someone would take one of the most beautiful and prestigious badges off of a car they pay so much for. If I had an ///M, I'd fly a 5ftx5ft flag over my car, proclaiming to the world the glory that lies under my hood. That was exxageratory I know, but really, who here would do this to an ///M?
No offense bro, but that's the type of thinking that gives BMW drivers a negative stigma.
A lot of people enjoy the less cluttered/"clean" look of no badges. Now I do agree with you, if I had a E60 M5 I wouldn't debadge it simply because it's a M5- BMW's epic saloon, a true masterpiece continuing the legacy of amazing cars/machines that came before it that were bestowed with the same badge. On the other hand, the car is badged at every angle, the only thing it's missing are badges on the roof and on each window...it's a little much in a sense. But then again, the majority of the type of people who buy the 90k+ M5 are the type of people who don't know what "SMG" stands for, don't know the difference between an E39 and an E60 and probably don't even know that previous M5's exist as well. It's become a status symbol plain and simple unfortunately, so I'm sure those are the type of people who enjoy badges everywhere to proclaim "I am better than you".
Or hey, I may be wrong, just my .02.

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge
You may not know the hardships people don't speak of
It's best to step back, and observe with couth
For we all must meet our moment of truth"
Old 02-16-2007, 10:26 PM
e46 fanatic

Mein Auto: '06 330Ci ZHP/ZPP
i don't see anything wrong with debadging at all. i had mine debadged at the dealership when i bought it. quite an interesting story... the woman at the desk asked me what i needed, and i told her i was fine, that i was just having my emblem removed... she asked me why would i do such a thing and if i was trying to make people think that i had a seven series? i was like wtf?? i told her that if i wanted a seven series, then i would have bought one. i could not believe that they let that woman work at the BMW dealership if she thought in anyway a 330Ci with performance package could look like a seven series. it is a two door coupe. not a four door sedan. around town i've had people mistake it for an M3, i just laugh to myself... but anyway, on the original thought, i didn't debadge mine to make it look like i had an M3, so to speak. if i had a 325, i wouldn't remove that so people think i had a 330. i just think that it makes the car look cleaner. i don't know why anyone would question someone doing it. if anything, i would talk **** about the people that debadge their 530 or 540 and then put an M5 badge on it (i've seen it before... )

-06 330Ci
-98 Prelude Type Sh
Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 AM
The 1st 'Fest attendee..

Mein Auto: BMWs
I debadged because when I wash the car, the drying cloth would get stuck on the emblem. So..I debadged my M3 ZCP, X5, wife 330i..even my 1995 Grand caravan ES. However, when I pick up my M5 in two months, I will put 523 badge on it...
Old 03-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Mein Auto: X5 35i Sport Sapphire
camel,

hows the lude? i have white sh too, but with OE body kit, HID, and clear turn & side markers. The body kit TRANSFORMS the car.

I just need someone to say "I debadged my Phantom"

Retired

1999 Prelude SH / Pearl White /
2007 X3 Sport / Jet Black /
2010 X5 Sport / Sapphire Black /

Current
2013 X5 M-Sport / M-Power / Alpine White /
Old 03-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Helping

Mein Auto: M Coupe
I think debadging a car is fine. It's blue neon lights that I think is questionable.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquaredserver View Post
I didn't see any badge on the back, so the first thing that flashed through my mind was: "Some 530 driver, trying to look punk with a debadged 5."
wtf does that mean?

"some" 530 driver..."trying" to look "punk".........hey...i'm a 530 driver (not debadged but with a M-Sport pack) and if I wasn't so sensitive and paranoid I would say that your statement just doesn't sound right!

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much......but I sort of understand what you're saying....it most of thrown you off....like when I see a man driving an X3 oops did I say that out loud?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:48 PM

Mein Auto: 540/6 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
wtf does that mean?

"some" 530 driver..."trying" to look "punk".........hey...i'm a 530 driver (not debadged but with a M-Sport pack) and if I wasn't so sensitive and paranoid I would say that your statement just doesn't sound right!

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much......but I sort of understand what you're saying....it most of thrown you off....like when I see a man driving an X3 oops did I say that out loud?
Old 04-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post

Hey don't bash this dude - he's got neon lights on that puppy!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan_745Li View Post
all of my current cars are debadged and all of my future cars i will ever own will be debadged.

you dont walk with your pants down showing the size of your dick, so why do it with your car.
Because, unlike the people service rep was talking about, my car isn't my phallus.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM
www.125thfloor.com

Send a message via AIM to Swift Send a message via MSN to Swift Send a message via Yahoo to Swift
Mein Auto: '07 530i
I do agree with some of the previous posters that said they would only consider debadging a top model (///M or AMG) for stealth purposes. If that were my car I'd consider going stealthy knowing I have the top of the heap ride.

Personally I would not debadge any lower grade model and I CERTAINLY would never ass up myself by pasting an ///M5 on my 530i. LMAO @ the thought.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to jzullo
Mein Auto: 525i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojira-san View Post
I buy cars for my driving enjoyment, not for the neighbors to figure out what I am spending on them

agreed.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
A US Autobahn supporter!

Mein Auto: BMW 528i w/sport pack
To Debadge or not to Debadge... that is the question... matters not. Doesn't bother me one bit that everyone knows mine is a 528i... just because the badge says that doesn't mean I'm running stock under the hood... besides, if you're reading the badge, then that means you're behind me... one last thing, I agree debadging makes the car lines look smoother, but if I'm in the car, then that means I can't see the back of my care anyway right???

"Rules of My Road Bible"

Chapter 19, Verse 23

"Speeding is a matter of perception. If you're behind me then to you I'm speeding."
Old 05-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Mein Auto: 03 X5 4.6is, 04 S4
i debadged my m5 to make the rear end cleaner. who cares if people know or dont know what kind of car it is.

...and i wouldn't be ragging on a 530 driver if i drove an x3...

this guy obviously bought an x3 for the bmw badge.