Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Bob Shiftright's Avatar
Bob Shiftright Bob Shiftright is offline
Philosopher-king
Location: PRNJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,686
Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
335i $40,600
Steptronic $1,275
Paddles $100
Navigation $2,100
Bluetooth $750
Met. Paint $475
Cold Pckg. $750
Sport Pckg. $1,000
Destination + Handling $695
Total MSRP $47745
Discount from MSRP -1200
Total Paid $46545
Close to $50,000 and vinyl seats???

Geez, next time the Fed claims there's no inflation....
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:02 PM
trick50's Avatar
trick50 trick50 is offline
Senior Spin Doctor
Location: Douglaston, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to trick50
Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majikthese42 View Post
Close to $50,000 and vinyl seats???

Geez, next time the Fed claims there's no inflation....
I sat on the leather, and the leatherette and the difference (if getting black) is not great enough for me.
Maybe I am a retard, but I really did not notice a difference..

If I am not going to appreciate it, then it is a waste of money.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
loughd1 loughd1 is offline
335iCoupe
Location: beverly hills
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
i have not seen that residual either
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:50 PM
Bob Shiftright's Avatar
Bob Shiftright Bob Shiftright is offline
Philosopher-king
Location: PRNJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,686
Mein Auto: E91, Volvo, Porsche
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post

If I am not going to appreciate it, then it is a waste of money.
It DOES smell different - leather smell versus Jersey Turnpike smell.

I'd prefer either cloth or Alcantara like the E46 ZHP, but BMW will not cooperate.

I remember (and it wasn't too long ago, like last year) when $50,000 was serious car money. Nothing wrong with vinyl, it worked just fine in Mom's Chevy. I'm just amazed that the 335i Mulroney sticker can climb that high without even specifying leather.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:17 AM
MrSilver's Avatar
MrSilver MrSilver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 294
Mein Auto: 2007 e92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
How the hell did you get a 61% residual?? Did new numbers come out?
Not sure. That is what the dealer gave me. I didn't argue.

It would have been 70% if I went with a 2 year lease.
__________________

E92 335i Delivered 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl
ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite Radio
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
trick50's Avatar
trick50 trick50 is offline
Senior Spin Doctor
Location: Douglaston, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to trick50
Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver View Post
Not sure. That is what the dealer gave me. I didn't argue.

It would have been 70% if I went with a 2 year lease.
please list your monthly payments, as well as the exact price you are paying...if you have that info
Thank you
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 AM
MrSilver's Avatar
MrSilver MrSilver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 294
Mein Auto: 2007 e92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
please list your monthly payments, as well as the exact price you are paying...if you have that info
Thank you
$662 p/m

See my original post.
__________________

E92 335i Delivered 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl
ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite Radio
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-23-2006, 08:01 AM
missing23's Avatar
missing23 missing23 is offline
Banned
Location: Chicago...one day...
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,160
Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver View Post
Not sure. That is what the dealer gave me. I didn't argue.

It would have been 70% if I went with a 2 year lease.
Looks like residuals went up 1%...which is cool...sedans traditionally have been a couple points higher.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
MrSilver's Avatar
MrSilver MrSilver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 294
Mein Auto: 2007 e92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by greginaz1 View Post
Looks like residuals went up 1%...which is cool...sedans traditionally have been a couple points higher.
I could be wrong...

But I'm 99% sure that he said 61%.

At least that is what I wrote down.
__________________

E92 335i Delivered 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl
ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite Radio
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
loughd1 loughd1 is offline
335iCoupe
Location: beverly hills
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Where Do We Find Out If The Residuals Went Up On The 335i
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-25-2006, 01:45 PM
DocYahoo DocYahoo is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 335 Coupe
What are negotiable in a lease?

I just got quoted from my local BMW dealership the following:

Money Factor: 2.4 compared to 2.0 posted by Trick50
Bank fee: $825 compared to 678.91 posted by Trick 50

Are the above terms negotiable? Also, what else is negotiable in a lease?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 08-25-2006, 03:35 PM
trick50's Avatar
trick50 trick50 is offline
Senior Spin Doctor
Location: Douglaston, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to trick50
Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYahoo View Post
What are negotiable in a lease?

I just got quoted from my local BMW dealership the following:

Money Factor: 2.4 compared to 2.0 posted by Trick50
Bank fee: $825 compared to 678.91 posted by Trick 50

Are the above terms negotiable? Also, what else is negotiable in a lease?
I did not negotiate my bank fee, however I have recently been informed from a co-worker that bank fee's are totally BS and in some scenarios you can have the dealer waive it or lower it. The 800 number sounds a little out of line..
And the money factor is not something you should be negotiating.
.0020 is what is set by BMW Financial Services as basically the interest rate. Your dealer is trying to make money on that also.

Did he offer to come down off the MSRP?

In most cases the Money Factor is not something you should have to negotiate, before going to the dealer you should find out on a website such as this what the residual and MF are.
Currently with BMWFS it is .0020
36/12 residual is 60%

The only thing to really negotiate should be free floor mats, and the msrp.

I think he is trying to take you to the cleaners, try another dealer, come in with your own notes.

Write out exactly what you want, with the price of each option..
Be certain to list Invoice price and MSRP.

also on that paper have the residual written on it and the MF...Just hand it to him..
Say this is what I want I know you have a profit on the car of $4k (example)...what can you take off from here...
If he says something stupid like $500..Tell him point blank that ABC Dealer has offered to take 1500 (example) off the car however you do not wish to do business with them because the sales mgr is a dick.

Tell him if he can match it or come close to that you will sign with him.

More often than not he will say yes.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-25-2006, 04:37 PM
schley's Avatar
schley schley is offline
This is the Cubs year)
Location: Saudi Arabia (no I'm not kidding)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,001
Mein Auto: camel
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
I did not negotiate my bank fee, however I have recently been informed from a co-worker that bank fee's are totally BS and in some scenarios you can have the dealer waive it or lower it. The 800 number sounds a little out of line..
And the money factor is not something you should be negotiating.
.0020 is what is set by BMW Financial Services as basically the interest rate. Your dealer is trying to make money on that also.

Did he offer to come down off the MSRP?

In most cases the Money Factor is not something you should have to negotiate, before going to the dealer you should find out on a website such as this what the residual and MF are.
Currently with BMWFS it is .0020
36/12 residual is 60%

The only thing to really negotiate should be free floor mats, and the msrp.

I think he is trying to take you to the cleaners, try another dealer, come in with your own notes.

Write out exactly what you want, with the price of each option..
Be certain to list Invoice price and MSRP.

also on that paper have the residual written on it and the MF...Just hand it to him..
Say this is what I want I know you have a profit on the car of $4k (example)...what can you take off from here...
If he says something stupid like $500..Tell him point blank that ABC Dealer has offered to take 1500 (example) off the car however you do not wish to do business with them because the sales mgr is a dick.

Tell him if he can match it or come close to that you will sign with him.

More often than not he will say yes.

Good luck

dealers can mark up the aquisition fee from 625 to 825 max.

dealers can mark up the MF by .0004 max.

dealers CAN'T do anything to the residual.

dealers can negotiate the selling price of the car (which you still need to do in a lease).
__________________
2006 Z4 3.0si -pickup 9/23/06- turned in 8/2/08, titanium silver, black leather, aluminum, step, premium, sport, heated seats
2006 330i e90 ED -Sold 10/23/06
BMWCCA # 350430
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-25-2006, 05:39 PM
DocYahoo DocYahoo is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 335 Coupe
schley,

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the deal is maxing on BOTH the aquisition fee and the MF. Any way to reason with them? Is this one of those "Take it or leave it" situations?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by schley View Post
dealers can mark up the aquisition fee from 625 to 825 max.

dealers can mark up the MF by .0004 max.

dealers CAN'T do anything to the residual.

dealers can negotiate the selling price of the car (which you still need to do in a lease).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 08-25-2006, 05:40 PM
DocYahoo DocYahoo is offline
Registered User
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 67
Mein Auto: 335 Coupe
Also, does anyone know the the costs involved when returning a lease?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 08-26-2006, 10:53 PM
val3ntin3s's Avatar
val3ntin3s val3ntin3s is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: So Cal
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 424
Mein Auto: 2007 E92 335i ED SP
just ordered my 335i today via ED! 1k down

36 months: 58% residual $25k buyout at end of lease 574/month
42 months: 52% residual $22k buyout at end of lease $575/month.

thinking of going w/ the latter
__________________


2012 F10 535i | Alpine White | ZPP | ZSP | Tech | Lip Spoiler

Sold - 2007 E92 335i | Spark. Graph. | ZSP | 6 speed MT | Lip Spoiler
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Imadriver Imadriver is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta, GA
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6
Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci, 6MT,SP,PP,CWP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYahoo View Post
Also, does anyone know the the costs involved when returning a lease?

Thanks.
Typically:

$350 disposition fee
$0.20 for each mile over contractual mileage
$100 for any lost keys
$150 for minor damages (each instance)
$450 for major damages (each instance)

So, basically, if you take care of the car and stay within your mileage, it'll cost you a grand total of $350. Which would be waived if you lease another BMW, in which case it would cost you $0.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-27-2006, 08:21 AM
schley's Avatar
schley schley is offline
This is the Cubs year)
Location: Saudi Arabia (no I'm not kidding)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,001
Mein Auto: camel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYahoo View Post
schley,

Thanks for the information. Sounds like the deal is maxing on BOTH the aquisition fee and the MF. Any way to reason with them? Is this one of those "Take it or leave it" situations?

Thanks
I'm not sure how you negotiated this lease. I think it maybe problematic to all the sudden come back enlightened about leasesa and start negotiating. My suggestion would be to tell them you had a better offer and give them the numbers you want. If they won't do that then you can go looking for another dealer. Most times getting the buy rate MF isn't so tough, it is the 625 aquisition fee that many are dead set on charging 825, because they say the finance guy has to make something. just fyi.
__________________
2006 Z4 3.0si -pickup 9/23/06- turned in 8/2/08, titanium silver, black leather, aluminum, step, premium, sport, heated seats
2006 330i e90 ED -Sold 10/23/06
BMWCCA # 350430
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 PM
loughd1 loughd1 is offline
335iCoupe
Location: beverly hills
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
Mein Auto: 2004 325i
anyone lower than this
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:38 AM
MrSilver's Avatar
MrSilver MrSilver is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New York
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 294
Mein Auto: 2007 e92 335i
Initial Cap Cost: $ 46,300.00
Total Add Cap Costs: $ 825.00
M.S.R.P.: $ 47,065.00
Adjusted Cap Cost: $ 47,125.00
Add To MSRP W/Markup:
Mthly/Ann Mile Limit: 10,000
Base Monthly Rental: $ 663.21
Security Deposit: $ 700.00
L.E.V.%: 61.00%
Total Annual Fees:
Lease-end Value: $ 28,709.65
Total Initial Fees: $ 217.50
Term: 36
CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 8.7500%
Money Fact Sell Rate: 0.00200
CapTax2 Rt/Amt:

Amount Due At Start: $ 3,669.82 / LEFT $500 DEPOSIT= APPROX. $3169

Total Sales Tax: $ 2,089.11

Total Monthly Payment: $ 663.21

Good deal?
__________________

E92 335i Delivered 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl
ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite Radio
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:43 AM
trick50's Avatar
trick50 trick50 is offline
Senior Spin Doctor
Location: Douglaston, NY
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to trick50
Mein Auto: E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver View Post
Initial Cap Cost: $ 46,300.00
Total Add Cap Costs: $ 825.00
M.S.R.P.: $ 47,065.00
Adjusted Cap Cost: $ 47,125.00
Add To MSRP W/Markup:
Mthly/Ann Mile Limit: 10,000
Base Monthly Rental: $ 663.21
Security Deposit: $ 700.00
L.E.V.%: 61.00%
Total Annual Fees:
Lease-end Value: $ 28,709.65
Total Initial Fees: $ 217.50
Term: 36
CapTax1 Rt/Amt: 8.7500%
Money Fact Sell Rate: 0.00200
CapTax2 Rt/Amt:

Amount Due At Start: $ 3,669.82 / LEFT $500 DEPOSIT= APPROX. $3169

Total Sales Tax: $ 2,089.11

Total Monthly Payment: $ 663.21

Good deal?
Not a good deal.
Originally Posted by trick50
335i $40,600
Steptronic $1,275
Paddles $100
Navigation $2,100
Bluetooth $750
Met. Paint $475
Cold Pckg. $750
Sport Pckg. $1,000
Destination + Handling $695
Total MSRP $47745
Discount from MSRP -1200
Total Paid $46545

36month 12k per year

$647.55 per month
And I recently found a dealer that can give me a much better price, I just don't want to go with him because I do not want to wait longer by re-ordering the car...My car is in production now Est. Completion date is 9/06/06 BMWNA said it will take about 4 weeks from there to get the car.

I was also told that the residuals in october will be bettr lowering my payment to 630 something....

Right now residual is 60% MF is .0020

MrSilver, I don't think you got a good deal for that price per month you should at least have 12k per year actually you should have 15k...
My msrp is higher and my I have 12k, and the payment is lower...Unless you are putting the taxes in the payment you should tell your dealer he needs to work with you on the payment...

I know you are in Buffalo NY...but this week, midweek dealers shoudl be getting them in...My dealer is getting Space Gray, Sport, Prem, Cold, 6spd, Coral red leather on wednesday...and it is not sold...he also has 3 others coming in around the same time...

I doubt you want to come to Long Island to get it, but he would certainly work with you....

I think you should tell your dealer that you have a dealer in Long Island that has basically the same car in stock that you ordered and is willing to give you a better deal...
Work the number in a lease calculator to get your payment down to around 640 with 12k...
Unless you want to come to Long Island, I can put you in contact with my dealer....

Or if you are comfortable with your deal...then who cares about the price...
Its up to you just putting in my 2cents....

Either way, this car is going to be amazing....And I am super pissed off that I did not order mine sooner....Good luck with your car and let us know what happens....and be sure to post plenty of pics.

Last edited by trick50; 09-01-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:48 AM
missing23's Avatar
missing23 missing23 is offline
Banned
Location: Chicago...one day...
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,160
Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick50 View Post
Not a good deal.
Not a good deal where?

He got acq for 825 (200 over cost) and MF for the buy rate...that is a fair tradeoff IMO.

He did only get $765 off MSRP but a lot of people are paying MSRP now.

Last edited by missing23; 09-01-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-01-2006, 08:57 AM
FatSal FatSal is offline
Registered User
Location: Cleveland
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 16
Mein Auto: 335i E92
335i with Active Steering, Comfort Access, Heated Seats, PDC, Nav, Sirius, Metallic, Premium, Sport.
MSRP - 50515
Negotiated Price - 45768 (ED-$1947)
Inception - 725
Down Payment - 0
Money Factor - .00221 (7 MSDs)
Tax Rate - 7.5%
Residual - 60%
Miles/year - 12000
Months - 36

$617.28 + $46.45 (taxes) =
$665.74 / month

I think I got hosed on the Money factor and Inception Fee, but the rest seemed ok
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 AM
missing23's Avatar
missing23 missing23 is offline
Banned
Location: Chicago...one day...
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,160
Mein Auto: 06 EZGO TXT, chipped!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatSal View Post
335i with Active Steering, Comfort Access, Heated Seats, PDC, Nav, Sirius, Metallic, Premium, Sport.
MSRP - 50515
Negotiated Price - 45768 (ED-$1947)
Inception - 725
Down Payment - 0
Money Factor - .00221 (7 MSDs)
Tax Rate - 7.5%
Residual - 60%
Miles/year - 12000
Months - 36

$617.28 + $46.45 (taxes) =
$665.74 / month

I think I got hosed on the Money factor and Inception Fee, but the rest seemed ok
Yep, you paid $100 over cost on acq and full buy rate markup of 0.0004 on the MF.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 AM
OVRSTR OVRSTR is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 259
Mein Auto: 335i
MrSilver, my MSRP is a bit higher than yours and my payment is the same...however I've got 15k miles/yr. There's a big difference in $ between 10k and 15k/yr. You can do better IMHO.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who can post BMWNA proof of Sept SOP for the 335i sedan? OriBMW E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 7 04-18-2006 07:00 PM
Sorry, if this is my third post about the 335i RobL Site Feedback / Questions / Suggestions 1 02-06-2006 10:37 AM
WTF, I need to be on the Geo Metro board instead ... TeamM3 Off-Topic 27 12-08-2003 07:51 AM
Silver Grey/Natural Brown Just arrived.. vienna 3 Series / 4 Series 22 04-27-2003 08:46 AM
Monthly Lease Payments vs Monthly Ownership Payments mibadboy Ask-A-Dealer 12 08-02-2002 05:35 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms