Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 AM
POPSBMR

Mein Auto: 04 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAirbags View Post
7. Carton of cigs for teh Jev.
8. Box of Depends for Swiss.

If I am going to take care of Tweedledum, I might as well take care of Tweedledee.

'04 Titanium Silver Metallic 325i ZPP, ZSP, Gray Leather, Myrtle Wood, Step, Xenons, Moon Roof, Twelve Disc Changer, OEM Alarm, 5% Tint (Rear/Back)
My Garage
Old 10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb View Post
8. Box of Depends for Swiss.

If I am going to take care of Tweedledum, I might as well take care of Tweedledee.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 10-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Norwegian

Mein Auto: 2000 528i Sport
Hi guys,

Sounds like Bimmerfest is pretty cool. I have never been west of PA, but i really would like to drive west. Now I know someone going to school in Santa Barbara, CA and I thought it be great to make the trip together with the meet.

But for someone that's totally unfamiliar with CA (and a Norwegian) and Bimmerfest, does anyone have some facts about exactly where it is, what goes on, what exact hotels to use etc.? And tips maybe?

Appreciate it. Hopefully the 528 will make it over.

I need to convince my girlfriend to go with
Old 10-21-2006, 12:28 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scany1980 View Post
Hi guys,

Sounds like Bimmerfest is pretty cool. I have never been west of PA, but i really would like to drive west. Now I know someone going to school in Santa Barbara, CA and I thought it be great to make the trip together with the meet.

But for someone that's totally unfamiliar with CA (and a Norwegian) and Bimmerfest, does anyone have some facts about exactly where it is, what goes on, what exact hotels to use etc.? And tips maybe?

Appreciate it. Hopefully the 528 will make it over.

I need to convince my girlfriend to go with
Well, I've only been to last years but I read about the previous ones.

What seems to be the main hotel for folks is the Ramada Inn. In a nutshell, what happened last year was:
People showed up. A gazillion BMW's took over the parking lot. The hotel has a car wash area and folks were detailing their whips. Lots of people get drunk in the parking lot. Several folks got together and had a caravan out to Santa Barbara. I didn't go but I'm assuming that the group raided State St.
People came back and went to a fast food place across the street from the RI, chatted, drank more, took pix, worshipped each others whips then went back to the RI for several different room parties.

Most everyone I knew woke up w/ a raging hangover and headed to the fair grounds early the next morning where there was lots going on. I pretty much just chilled in one spot w/ some now good friends of mine just b/c walking and I didn't agree w each other at the time, but there was a lot of cars to look at.

That night there was what I understand to be a traditional party at this place called the Elephant Bar. I didn't make it there thanks to a certain so and so who forgot to tell me when they were leaving. Next morning everyone leaves however this is Cinco de Mayo weekend for this coming fest so I would imagine that some folks are going to be doing other stuff or hanging around town for an extra day or so.

5 May is a huge Mexican holiday. From what I've heard from some friends of mine who are going to make the fest, we'll all be needing a bunch of coffee for the mornings and a spare liver or two for the parties there that weekend. I can't fugging wait.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
...But for someone that's totally unfamiliar with CA (and a Norwegian) and Bimmerfest...

Hiya Norge!

Hilsen til Bimmerfest.

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 10-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Norwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Hiya Norge!

Hilsen til Bimmerfest.

Heia Norge!

I feel more than welcoma already.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Norwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jever View Post
Well, I've only been to last years but I read about the previous ones.

What seems to be the main hotel for folks is the Ramada Inn. In a nutshell, what happened last year was:
People showed up. A gazillion BMW's took over the parking lot. The hotel has a car wash area and folks were detailing their whips. Lots of people get drunk in the parking lot. Several folks got together and had a caravan out to Santa Barbara. I didn't go but I'm assuming that the group raided State St.
People came back and went to a fast food place across the street from the RI, chatted, drank more, took pix, worshipped each others whips then went back to the RI for several different room parties.

Most everyone I knew woke up w/ a raging hangover and headed to the fair grounds early the next morning where there was lots going on. I pretty much just chilled in one spot w/ some now good friends of mine just b/c walking and I didn't agree w each other at the time, but there was a lot of cars to look at.

That night there was what I understand to be a traditional party at this place called the Elephant Bar. I didn't make it there thanks to a certain so and so who forgot to tell me when they were leaving. Next morning everyone leaves however this is Cinco de Mayo weekend for this coming fest so I would imagine that some folks are going to be doing other stuff or hanging around town for an extra day or so.

5 May is a huge Mexican holiday. From what I've heard from some friends of mine who are going to make the fest, we'll all be needing a bunch of coffee for the mornings and a spare liver or two for the parties there that weekend. I can't fugging wait.
Thanks for your information. Sounds like fun! Drinking, hangovers and carshows sounds like a winning combination, in theory at least
Old 10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Thanks for your information. Sounds like fun! Drinking, hangovers and carshows sounds like a winning combination, in theory at least
That is one perspective, but there are some that are there for the cars, friends and "The Drive" to get there.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:26 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 M3/4
OOOOOHHHHHHH...Can't wait for the drive
Old 10-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Norwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
That is one perspective, but there are some that are there for the cars, friends and "The Drive" to get there.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2002 M3 SMG
I just booked a gardenside double queen room at the ramada!
I missed out on last year's bimmerfest so I cant wait for 07!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:48 PM

^ You should hook up with the BayBimmerz caravan as we pass through SLO
Old 11-08-2006, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH7 View Post
^ You should hook up with the BayBimmerz caravan as we pass through SLO
Yea definitely. I might actually even be in the bay area and just drive down to SB with you guys Im not sure yet.

But even if Im in SLO or in Bay Area Im down to join the caravan.

If you can provide me with the info when the time comes I will be there!
Old 11-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by realCL23 View Post
Yea definitely. I might actually even be in the bay area and just drive down to SB with you guys Im not sure yet.

But even if Im in SLO or in Bay Area Im down to join the caravan.

If you can provide me with the info when the time comes I will be there!
Sorry, I just noticed this 17 days later, but if you PM me some info I will add you to "The List".

Send me your real full name and the year, color, model BMW and the city your from and you will get the "official" invite when the time comes.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM

check pm
Old 11-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by realCL23 View Post
check pm

Back at ya.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
///Monster Energy!

Send a message via AIM to BMWE30freak
Mein Auto: 1989 325i
Quote:
OOOOOHHHHHHH...Can't wait for the drive
ahhh, you guys are lucky. The farthest I get to drive to the fest it about half of a mile! Oh well, I'm totally looking forward to it this year. Last year my car was bone stock and by this fest....well, let's just say that it'll be pretty nice

Anyways, the Ramada is defenately the place to be but if you can't make it there, there are some other hotels on mid State St. that are pretty close and should have plenty of people there for the event!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:45 PM

^ Just drive up 101 a bit and join the caravan...there are people on the onramps all the way down joining in.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:18 PM
///Monster Energy!

Send a message via AIM to BMWE30freak
Mein Auto: 1989 325i
Quote:
^ Just drive up 101 a bit and join the caravan...there are people on the onramps all the way down joining in.
I never thought of that! Haha, thanks!
Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: 96 BMW M3
I just got my room for the 4th. It was 175 with tax for a mountainview king room. I assume that the caravan will be leaving early Friday morning just like last time?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:32 PM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Mein Auto: Duh!
I think that's a safe assumption

Aren't you staying the night of the 5th?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBimmerFan View Post
I just got my room for the 4th. It was 175 with tax for a mountainview king room. I assume that the caravan will be leaving early Friday morning just like last time?
Oh man the prices are going up really fast. I got a double queen bed room for around 150 about a month ago.

I guess that means people should get the rooms now! Everyone book the ramada before any other non bimmerfest people gets their hands on them!
Old 12-07-2006, 11:13 PM

Mein Auto: 96 BMW M3
No. I am going to be driving back that evening. Its not really that far back to SF. Besides, after seeing all those bimmers I am definately going to want to drive one.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:12 AM
balla on a budget

Mein Auto: 325i, 525i (retired)
got my room reserved.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
got my room reserved.
Where Rob?????