Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 09-09-2006, 04:25 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 318i
Cell Phone doesn't connect to BMW X3

I have tried to pair my cell phone, which is listed as compabible with the X3, but my phone does not find the X3 Bluetooth.

Does the radio need to be turned on to make the pairing work. I ask because I have another problem with the radio. While driving with the radio/CD on it turns off every 20 minutes exactly. It also doesn't turn off when the car is turned off. I think the radio/CD is fine, but not hooked up properly to know if the car is on. I brought it in to the dealer and they replaced the entire radio/CD but I still have the same problem.

Could this problem with the radio also be affecting the Bluetooth pairing.

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 09-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curttp View Post
I have tried to pair my cell phone, which is listed as compabible with the X3, but my phone does not find the X3 Bluetooth.

Does the radio need to be turned on to make the pairing work. I ask because I have another problem with the radio. While driving with the radio/CD on it turns off every 20 minutes exactly. It also doesn't turn off when the car is turned off. I think the radio/CD is fine, but not hooked up properly to know if the car is on. I brought it in to the dealer and they replaced the entire radio/CD but I still have the same problem.

Thanks
It's cell phone model and service provider that are listed as compatible, not simply cell phones. Sadly, you need to check to see if both are compatible. Some cell phone makers don't include all the features, or what is called in the Bluetooth world "profiles" that make the phones compatible with BMWs.

So, tell us what you've got and let's see if we can help.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:06 PM

I have Cingular Service and a Motorola RAZA V3
Old 09-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I have Cingular Service and a Motorola RAZA V3
That's a compatible pair. It should work. Have you checked to see if your Bluetooth is on all the time on the RAZR? If not, it will time itself off. Also, in the 6er with which I have familiarity, there is no need to turn on the radio to pair.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:29 PM

I have read some other posts, and it seems that either my X3 Bluetooth may be defective or may not have been activated. I also saw something about unplugging the BT module and plugging it back it. Is this a good idea and if so where is it?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Artie's my hero

Mein Auto: Z4, E90 325
you sure the X3 has BT?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:16 AM

Supposedly all 2005 X3s with the premium package have BT
Old 09-11-2006, 11:42 AM
european auto source

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:

Thanks
I would recommend a dealer trip since the X3 is still under warranty. The RAZR is 100% compatible with your system.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Old 09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e30
Quote:

Thanks
the 20 minutes is the hint that you need to repair it, you have a problem with the bus the radio is on, which would explain the phone not pairing also.