Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 09-29-2006, 01:47 AM

Mein Auto: looking to get a 328i 07
Texas or near by potential BMW buyers...got a good deal for you!

Hey guys, if yall ahve seen my previous post, I was looking tirelessly(tends to be that way if your looking for a good deal) to put in order my 328i. I wanted togo to a dealership that 1st) had the best competetive pricing, no stupid extra fees 2)respected me and didnt have all that BS to sell me stuff! 3)no wheeling and dealing and headache just gave me the best price. I am from Houston, searched aroudn alot came across some deals that stood out however in the end I decided to make the drive within Texas because I foudn a dealer who actuaally convinced me after I had soem concern in my situation that navi wasnt really necessary for me...juts lost small profit for me, we also got rid of power rear sunshade an the cold weather package(yea i just wanted cool little extras!) but the price was right and he didnt try to sell me extra stuff, he was resepctful and the type of guy you build a relationshpi with so I decided I am traveling down there for my BMW purchases and he deserves me letting people know. The main reason I am sharing this other than to help you guys out is becaues well, I wouldnt have gotten my best deal and experience If you guys didnt help me out, this was my first BMW and the order process went down very smooth, now the wait is unbearable. But go ahead and give me a PM and Ill give you details of who to talk to and where... Once again, I appreciate everyone on the board helping me out with all of my questions ,and I was oringally a lexus owner, but one test drive later, I fell in love with the BMW...a million calls and research hourus later I found a deal not bsing me. Take care see ya and good luck also enjoy!
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2006, 03:46 AM
German Car Lover

Mein Auto: porsche 944 turbo
Interested in what kind of deal you got. I will be doing ED so I can really go anywhere with my money, but I'm interested in where you went. Let me know.

P-Cars
- 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) Guards Red / Black Interior | Factory LSD | Stock K26/6 | Guru Chips & Reliaboost at 18psi | 3 bar FPR | Koni Sports |911 (993) Turbo Wheels | Full Fabspeed 3" SS Exhaust
- 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951) Black / Black Interior - Sold

Other
- 2003 VW Jetta GLI (VR6) - Platinum Gray
- 2007 BMW 335i (E90) Twin Turbo - Alpine White (coming soon!)
Old 09-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Interested in what kind of deal you got. I will be doing ED so I can really go anywhere with my money, but I'm interested in where you went. Let me know.
Discounts you get vary by market. TX does not seem to get the same kind of good deals as CA.

All of Houstonians and Texans know better than to buy locally. Lately the goto dealership seems to be Garlyn Shelton in Temple. This is followed by Garlyn Shelton in Bryan/College Station and Beaumont BMW.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:09 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw X3
"All of Houstonians and Texans know better than to buy locally. Lately the goto dealership seems to be Garlyn Shelton in Temple. "

LDV330i couldn't be more correct. I live in San Antonio, which probably has one of the worst BMW dealer / service centers in America. So I refused to ever associate myself with them again. Garlyn Shelton in Temple is now my new home. 300 miles away is completly worth every penny I saved. They are the nicest people around.

Here's a thumbs up to Garlyn Shelton in Temple. They deserve it!
Old 09-29-2006, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 335i Coupe
I'm in Austin and had a great experience at Garlyn Shelton in Temple.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: E92 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo8998 View Post
"All of Houstonians and Texans know better than to buy locally. Lately the goto dealership seems to be Garlyn Shelton in Temple. "

LDV330i couldn't be more correct. I live in San Antonio, which probably has one of the worst BMW dealer / service centers in America. So I refused to ever associate myself with them again. Garlyn Shelton in Temple is now my new home. 300 miles away is completly worth every penny I saved. They are the nicest people around.

Here's a thumbs up to Garlyn Shelton in Temple. They deserve it!

Is the service at the SA dealer that bad? Any info on their service dept would be great. I live in SA and have always had bad experiences with their sales people so I bought in Austin, but I thought I would at least try SA for service. Like others have said Shelton in Temple seemed really straight forward and pleasant to deal with, but I got a bit better price in Austin, plus it is closer for me so I went with them. Leaving next Friday for my ED, counting the hours now.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:45 AM

Mein Auto: 05 325i, 07 335i
Doing a ED for a 335i from Momentum in Houston and I got a great deal & great service from my CA.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: looking to get a 328i 07
Hey guys me again, well originally I was about to buy from Beamont, very close, last minute I got lucky an intown dealer offered me a cheaper price said he woudl do whatever it took to get my business and was very accomodating. Plus an hour closer for me! I went ahead and placed my order yesterday, I cant wait. If yall want a good deal/good business/ no BS call up Bill Robbins at Advantage BMW in League City Tx and Tell tehm Mike ali from Sugarland who just ordered a car sent you and said you were great to deal with you and gave his full reccomondation. This should help, good luck folks
Old 09-30-2006, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 e92 335i
NeilAnthony's ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilanthony View Post
Doing a ED for a 335i from Momentum in Houston and I got a great deal & great service from my CA.
What kind of deal, and when do you go?
Old 10-01-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1 View Post
What kind of deal, and when do you go?
did a ED last friday and got $1,000 below invoice. going to pick it up on Oct 31.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
did a ED last friday and got $1,000 below invoice. going to pick it up on Oct 31.
I not sure if you read through the different threads, but the recommendation is always to negotiate from invoice up. I am reading as is there is a typo in your post. Are you sure you got 1k below ED invoice on an 07 car is unheard of?

The majority of us (the ones I know of) paid the amount you posted or a little more when you go outside the Momentum/Advantage monopoly.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ight=Temple+ED

Edit: Please note that it is not too late to renegotiate your deal. Get a firm offer from an out of town dealer for leverage. Even if you gave a deposit it should be refundable.

Last edited by LDV330i; 10-01-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i View Post
I not sure if you read through the different threads, but the recommendation is always to negotiate from invoice up. I am reading as is there is a typo in your post. Are you sure you got 1k below ED invoice on an 07 car is unheard of?

The majority of us (the ones I know of) paid the amount you posted or a little more when you go outside the Momentum/Advantage monopoly.

Edit: Please note that it is not too late to renegotiate your deal. Get a firm offer from an out of town dealer for leverage. Even if you gave a deposit it should be refundable.

i got my 335i for $37,760 (does not include destination & handling) with sport before tt&l. this isnt a good deal?

Last edited by neilanthony; 10-01-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:13 PM

Quote:
i got my 335i for $37,760 (does not include destination & handling) with sport before tt&l. this isnt a good deal?
You do not say if you got a sedan or a coupe. Either way here is the ED invoice price for both with sport package and without delivery included.

333i Sedan ED invoice w/ ZSP = $34,565
335i Coupe ED invoice w/ ZSP = $35,270

All that information is available in stickies at the top of the Ask A Dealer forum. If the dealer lead you to believe he was giving you $1k below invoice he lied, not a good way to start a relationship. He is actually asking at least $2,500 over invoice.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:52 PM

Mein Auto: Volvo S60 2.5T
Quote:
That is maybe close to $1000 below US invoice, but that is not the same as European Delivery invoiice. All in all, for European Delivery, it is not a good deal. Maybe your dealer is legitamately confused on ED invoice pricing vs US invoice pricing??
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
So were you able to get a better deal?
Old 10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
BMW Fan

Mein Auto: '02 Z3 M Coupe
In the past I have bought 2 cars from BMW of Beaumont and have been very pleased with the deals (one was ED). I worked closely with the sales manager (who is still there).
The local Houston dealers are starting to 'lighten up' but they still have a long way to go.

I'm scheduled to pick up my Mini GP from Brian Harris Mini in Louisiana later this month, don't even try to ask me why I did not try the local Houston Mini Dealers...