Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Motorsports, Racing & Track

Motorsports, Racing & Track
From Formula One to Auto-X, discuss everything related to going fast here...

Old 04-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Awesome power!

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpin Weiss 335ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwette View Post
They'll be disappointed it's not something worth pirating in any way.

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E39 540i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Sorry, boys. Go in a circle cars + Montoya just makes me LMAO. .
Yet you still hang out here and participate. You protest the activity and yet take part in it at the same time. Sounds like the definition of a politician.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy
Old 04-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka View Post
Yet you still hang out here and participate. You protest the activity and yet take part in it at the same time. Sounds like the definition of a politician.

Ok, Tex! No protest intended, just wanted to make fun of that Turd, Montoya.

Yee haa.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:28 PM

Mein Auto: E39 540i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Ok, Tex! No protest intended, just wanted to make fun of that Turd, Montoya.

Yee haa. .
I thought Turd was reserved for the one and only Turd.

Dirrezas (4) @ 275/35-18, Eibach springs & bars, Bilstein Sports, Dinan Stage 2, slotted ATEs, Hi-Temp HTP pads, SS Lines, UUC-SS, White/Tan, Bling-free & Stealthy
Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka View Post
I thought Turd was reserved for the one and only Turd.
Ok, I was busy watching ER, and should have typed "dough ass" instead. I couldn't remember how to spell dough - my bad.

There is only one Turd.

Old 05-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Awesome power!

Am I entitled to highjack my own thread? At least this is a somewhat related topic.

For your reading disgust:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;...yhoo&type=lgns

Not being a NASCAR viewer, I had no idea any of this idiotic behavior went on. Talk about sore losers. I guess F1 fans should be happy that Schumi fans didn't act like that when Alonso won. Imagine the streets of Monte Carlo covered with broken bottles of Dom Perignon. Whew, what a sight.

2007 BMW 335ci, Alpin Weiss, saddle brown, SP, PP (tree trim), Step, hot seats. Mod free. As pictured: on SSR GT1s with Goodyear F1s. AKA "White Lightnin'"
2012 Mini Cooper Hardtop S in chili red with white mirrors, top and racing stripes. AKA "Big Red S."
Euro Delivery pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/berford/GermanyAndSwitzerland2007?authkey=uGnlSSrqMTY
Old 05-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by berford View Post
Am I entitled to highjack my own thread? At least this is a somewhat related topic.

Not being a NASCAR viewer, I had no idea any of this idiotic behavior went on. Talk about sore losers. I guess F1 fans should be happy that Schumi fans didn't act like that when Alonso won. Imagine the streets of Monte Carlo covered with broken bottles of Dom Perignon. Whew, what a sight.
Alcohol + Rednecks + Jeff Gordon Hatred = Trouble. Such a thing would never happen up in Chicagoland.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 05-06-2007, 07:59 PM
racer wannabe

Mein Auto: '12 X5,'08 535i, '03 325i
Montoya's average finishing position is 22nd...
Old 05-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Hated by hater haters

Mein Auto: 09 MINI JCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsqbm View Post
Alcohol + Rednecks + Jeff Gordon Hatred = Trouble. Such a thing would never happen up in Chicagoland.
2005 USGP. There were a few morons doing the same thing.

Anyone throwing anything on a track is a complete idiot and should be banned fro life from all motorsports venues everywhere. No exceptions, no second chances, no appeal.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwette View Post
2005 USGP. There were a few morons doing the same thing.

Anyone throwing anything on a track is a complete idiot and should be banned fro life from all motorsports venues everywhere. No exceptions, no second chances, no appeal.
+1

Old 06-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
We're headed to NASCAR in Sonoma, CA on Sunday 6/24/07. I'll post plenty o pix ...
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Jayhawk

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Cool. I would love to see JPM dominate this weekend and piss off the Nascar nation.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:40 PM
ZHPper

Mein Auto: 330ciZHP Mini Clubman VUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KU Ned View Post
Cool. I would love to see JPM dominate this weekend and piss off the Nascar nation.
No, no Ned...root for Boris. Who qualified fourth with Montoya down there at 32nd. Remember: "**** happens"... How come you can say piss and I can't say ****?
Old 06-24-2007, 06:42 PM
It's complicated

Mein Auto: 95 Alpine M3
Woohoo!!!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 06:50 PM

Mein Auto: E70 X5, F10 535i
That was pretty cool to see. He drove a good race. It's irritating that the Road Course races have basically become fuel mileage races though.

Oh, also the COT's handle like absolute ****. I've never seen so much lock up.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody underwood View Post
No, no Ned...root for Boris. Who qualified fourth with Montoya down there at 32nd. Remember: "**** happens"... How come you can say piss and I can't say ****?
Boris is badass! One of the coolest guys I've met.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Jayhawk

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
He did that while conserving fuel. The pass for the lead had been set up for about 5 laps with JPM just playing with the leader until the pass.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_H View Post
Woohoo!!!!!
+1

He's the man.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Awesome power!

Lovely chart here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/nexte...compare?d1=287

Just lovely.

And a very nice article here:

What else did Schumi win? I forget.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berford View Post

You should go to Bristol. To get into the infield you have to walk under the stands and across the track. It gives the A-hole drunks a good clear shot at you. The last time I went I was working on the 48 car and was walking in with some friends on the 24. The drunks were throwing half full beers at us. Classy group of people. At least the car protects the driver. Crew members don't have any protection.

BTW, not all fans are that way. Probably only a small percentage in actuality but, they are like the soccer hooligans of the racing world.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Awesome power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod2448 View Post
You should go to Bristol. To get into the infield you have to walk under the stands and across the track. It gives the A-hole drunks a good clear shot at you. The last time I went I was working on the 48 car and was walking in with some friends on the 24. The drunks were throwing half full beers at us. Classy group of people. At least the car protects the driver. Crew members don't have any protection.

BTW, not all fans are that way. Probably only a small percentage in actuality but, they are like the soccer hooligans of the racing world.
Sad. Very sad.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Sikkens Autocryl MM

Mein Auto: Ford Tempo GL
Quote:

I'm sure those are the same people who think Dale Jr. is a traitor for joining Hendrick.

I can't remember the exact quote, but when Jeff Gordon was asked about all the beer being thrown, he said "maybe if they were drinking something that tasted better they wouldn't be throwing it."
Old 06-25-2007, 02:08 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 Z3, 2006 Boxster
Quote:
It's irritating that the Road Course races have basically become fuel mileage races though.
Help me out here. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I saw this same comment over on Speed TV's forum. What exactly do you mean? Aren't all races fuel mileage races to some degree? If you can get better mileage, while staying towards the front, isn't that a good thing?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
Help me out here. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I saw this same comment over on Speed TV's forum. What exactly do you mean? Aren't all races fuel mileage races to some degree? If you can get better mileage, while staying towards the front, isn't that a good thing?
Well, to a certain degree a lot of races are but, where it really screws you in NASCAR is at the road courses. Some teams can do it with two stops. Our cars could not so, we (24 &48) had to make one more stop than JPM, Harvick, Etc... Generally at most tracks there isn't a whole pit stop difference in fuel mileage. If they either lengthen or shorten the race by 5 laps it wouldn't be an issue at Sonoma either.

In these cars you don't gain enough time being light on fuel (because they weigh as much as a tank even with no fuel) to make up the disadvantage of having to stop more frequently.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:57 AM

Mein Auto: 1999 Z3, 2006 Boxster
Thanks for the explanation. Being a big F1 fan, I'm very used to fuel strategy being a major factor in the race. I don't watch NASCAR enough to pay attention to the details, though I am a Jeff Gordon fan (mostly because most NASCAR fans can't stand him!).