Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 12-06-2002, 09:30 AM
BMW Fan

Mein Auto: '02 Z3 M Coupe
ED Drop Off - Vehicle Prep

When you drop the car off at one of the assigned locations...do they install the shipping blocks for the struts there and then truck it to the boat?
Has anybody noticed if the alignment of the car gets thrown off before (driving in Germany) and after (delivered at local dealer)?

Thanks

Dan
Ads by Google
Old 12-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Homesick for a Lotus

Send a message via AIM to seivwrig Send a message via Yahoo to seivwrig
Mein Auto: '02 325i/'99 Ford Ranger
My alignment was fine after U.S. pickup. Be sure to take your binder for your manuals, your first aid kit, safety triangle and floor mats (especially if you bargained the dealer for new floor mats). I realise that you might not have much luggage space, but what you don't take you lose. If you plan to buy accessories, you might want to get them install while in Germany, less things to carry back.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:10 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Just one thing.. Really no need to take the floor mats, as you won't lose that even if you don't take it w/ ya

beewang
Old 12-06-2002, 12:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 04 330 cic ED
You won't lose things like CD changers and alarms during transit? I thought the car had to travel bare.
Old 12-06-2002, 01:54 PM
Ölmeßstabmeister

Mein Auto: '03 530i
I only took out the triangle, first aid kit and owners manuals. I left the floormats and both license plates (the Amsterdam Harms office wouldn't let me take the front plate off). Nothing was missing from the car when I picked it up in the US.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:33 PM
BMW Fan

What about the holes in the front bumper?
Is that a 'no choice' option

Dan
Old 12-07-2002, 01:22 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
Quote:
Originally posted by DCC
What about the holes in the front bumper?
Is that a 'no choice' option

Dan
I believe the answer is "yes" because they have to mount the front license plate in Germany.

For non ED cars, it's the dealer's responsibility to drill the hole and install the mount. So if you live in the states that don't require front license plate, you can get hole-free bumper.

ian
Old 12-07-2002, 01:34 AM
?

Mein Auto: 2013 740i
Re: ED Drop Off - Vehicle Prep

Quote:
Originally posted by DCC
When you drop the car off at one of the assigned locations...do they install the shipping blocks for the struts there and then truck it to the boat?
Has anybody noticed if the alignment of the car gets thrown off before (driving in Germany) and after (delivered at local dealer)?

Thanks

Dan
This is an excellent question. I would love to know the definite answer too. Moreover, I want to know if they "wrap" ED cars with cosmoline too. My car was dirty when I dropped it off and I'm afraid the process of applying / removing them with the dirt on may create more problems.

ian
Old 12-07-2002, 05:55 AM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Re: Re: ED Drop Off - Vehicle Prep

Quote:
Originally posted by roots
This is an excellent question. I would love to know the definite answer too. Moreover, I want to know if they "wrap" ED cars with cosmoline too. My car was dirty when I dropped it off and I'm afraid the process of applying / removing them with the dirt on may create more problems.

ian
I would say the more important question is how competent is the detailing crew that does the final prep before delivery to you.

My cab that I did ED on last year is a light colored car just like yours. When I dropped it off at Harms it was filthy. Then when I picked it up at my dealer I didn't recognize it. It was sparkling clean with virtually no swirl marks whatsoever.

You might want to ask your client advisor these questions, but I'd place more importance on the capability of their detailing team on the backend, than the steps taken on the front end.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:38 PM
BMW Fan

so the front bumper license plate holes are drilled for the euro front plate...what happens when the US plate (not as wide) is needing to be installed later?...4 holes?
also, can I drive the car straight from ED Delivery center to the drop off location in Munich or do I have to put a certain number of miles on the car?
Old 12-08-2002, 08:19 PM
B.O.H.I.C.A

Mein Auto: 325Ci
You can drive straight to the drop off location in Munich if you want. It's not very far. They could care less.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:33 PM
BMW Fan

Thanks Skybum