Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-07-2002, 09:01 AM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Seeking shop recommendations - East Bay Area (Tri-Valley) , CA

I'm looking for a shop to install a UUC SSK I ordered today. I live in San Ramon and work in Walnut Creek, so I would welcome any recommendations for shops in the San Ramon Valley, Dublin/Pleasanton, or Walnut Creek areas. The quality of the work and the reliability of the shop is more important to me than price.

I suspect I'll have to bump this post periodically (since it's Saturday), so I offer my apologies in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 12-07-2002, 09:02 AM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
Check the UUC site, they have dealers all over the country
Old 12-07-2002, 09:04 AM
TMS

I already did. The closest one is in San Jose. That's too far away.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Re: Seeking shop recommendations - East Bay Area (Tri-Valley) , CA

Quote:
Originally posted by Cliff3
I'm looking for a shop to install a UUC SSK I ordered today. I live in San Ramon and work in Walnut Creek, so I would welcome any recommendations for shops in the San Ramon Valley, Dublin/Pleasanton, or Walnut Creek areas. The quality of the work and the reliability of the shop is more important to me than price.

I suspect I'll have to bump this post periodically (since it's Saturday), so I offer my apologies in advance.
Cliff, sorry to sound stupid, but what's a UUC SSK?
I have a great shop/mechanic in Pleasanton, but what this is that you need installed, I don't know if he will do it.
Anyway, the shop is SAS German Auto, it's off Stanley Blvd.
The number is 846-4886
Hope this helps and that he can do it.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:51 PM
TMS

Keith, it's a UUC Short Shifter Kit. You've used and are pleased with the work SAS German Auto has performed for you then? FWIW, I'm also gathering information and building future relationships for when this car goes off warranty (quite a ways off) and I stop taking it to the dealer for service.

(And parump, thanks for the email and the recommendation of asking 31st330i this question)
Old 12-07-2002, 06:29 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Keith, it's a UUC Short Shifter Kit. You've used and are pleased with the work SAS German Auto has performed for you then? FWIW, I'm also gathering information and building future relationships for when this car goes off warranty (quite a ways off) and I stop taking it to the dealer for service.

(And parump, thanks for the email and the recommendation of asking 31st330i this question)
Yes, I've been going to Ken for many years, first for my 325 and now my 540, he's honest and reasonable as far as I'm concerned.
Hope this helps, if not for the shifter kit, then for the future, I've sent him tons of buisness for friends with BMW'S and Mercedes.

Oh Cliff, by the way, I am a member of Bay Bimmerz, are you and/or would you be interested in joining us, if so email baybimmerz@hotmail.com and ask to be added for evites for drives and get togethers.

Take care
Old 12-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Now with Nano

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
I think there's at least one bimmer specialty shop in Walnut Creek. M Service comes to mind.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:53 AM
TMS

Here's the link for M Service: link. Do they have a strong reputation?

Keith, thanks and I'll get an email off to Bay Bimmerz. Is there anything specific they need to know?
Old 12-08-2002, 04:44 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Here's the link for M Service: link. Do they have a strong reputation?

Keith, thanks and I'll get an email off to Bay Bimmerz. Is there anything specific they need to know?
No, nothing they need to know, just say add me to your list.
They send out evites to members for events and gatherings.
I put together a meet last spring for wine tasting and a tour at Wente Vineyards in Livermore.
Since my wife is the Tasting Room manager they get the royal treatment with special barrel tastings and special pricing on purchases.
We will be doing that again next year, everyone has been bugging me to do it again.

Hope to meet up with you at future meets.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:49 PM
TMS

I'll send off my email then. Livermore's hardly a drive though. The tasting should probably be combined with a cruise through the San Antonio Valley, or maybe a trip over Patterson Pass or Coral Hollow.

{edit} I realized I should have added a smiley to that. Here's a picture of the San Antonio Valley.

{Edit2} I resized the image. That speck in the road out there is an old guy on a bicycle (as was the photographer).

Last edited by Cliff; 12-08-2002 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
I'll send off my email then. Livermore's hardly a drive though. The tasting should probably be combined with a cruise through the San Antonio Valley, or maybe a trip over Patterson Pass or Coral Hollow.

{edit} I realized I should have added a smiley to that. Here's a picture of the San Antonio Valley.

{Edit2} I resized the image. That speck in the road out there is an old guy on a bicycle (as was the photographer).
Oh yes, we had little drive.
Our meeting spot for the East Bay is always Norstrom's at Stoneridge.
We left Stoneridge, then headed out Tassajara then out the backroads (do not remember the name) putting us out by Costco in Livermore.
Not much of a drive, but it was something since the idea was for a couple of hours at the winery anyway.
You'll have to tell me where the San Antonio Valley and Coral Hollow is located.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:13 PM
Now with Nano

Mein Auto: 2001 330i
that's in my neck of the woods. next time you guys set up a drive, let me know.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally posted by 31st330i
that's in my neck of the woods. next time you guys set up a drive, let me know.
Yes, I know, you are in Dublin, Jay the "founder" of Bay Bimmerz just moved to Dublin himself.

As I suggested to Cliff, I will do the same with you, please join Bay Bimmerz by emailing them at baybimmerz@hotmail.com, just asked to be added to list.
This will insure that you will be sent evites to future meets, drives,
dyno testings, etc.................

I'm right across 580 from you in Pleasanton, actually right by Raleys, not far from downtown.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:33 AM
TMS

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith
Oh yes, we had little drive.
Our meeting spot for the East Bay is always Norstrom's at Stoneridge.
We left Stoneridge, then headed out Tassajara then out the backroads (do not remember the name) putting us out by Costco in Livermore.
If you were heading East from Tassajara North of 580, then the roads were probably Highland, Manning, maybe Collier Canyon or if you were heading over to North Livermore Ave, then May School and Dagnino.

Quote:
Not much of a drive, but it was something since the idea was for a couple of hours at the winery anyway.
You'll have to tell me where the San Antonio Valley and Coral Hollow is located.
Patterfson Pass and Coral Hollow both head East from Greeneville (Eastern Boundary of Lawrence Livermore Lab) to the Central Valley. The San Antonio Valley is the back way to Mt. Hamilton. You head out Mines Road, and the top of the mountain is 50 miles by road from Livermore.

I do a lot of bicycle riding, so I'm familiar with many of the back roads out here.

Last edited by Cliff; 12-09-2002 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
If you were heading East from Tassajara North of 580, then the roads were probably Highland, Manning, maybe Collier Canyon or if you were heading over to North Livermore Ave, then May School and Dagnino.

Patterfson Pass and Coral Hollow both head East from Greeneville (Eastern Boundary of Lawrence Livermore Lab) to the Central Valley. The San Antonio Valley is the back way to Mt. Hamilton. You head out Mines Road, and the top of the mountain is 50 miles by road from Livermore.

I do a lot of bicycle riding, so I'm familiar with many of the back roads out here.
Damn Cliff, nice map!

Yes, we've done the S.A. Valley trip, I just didn't know that was the name for it.
Coral Hollow,is that the one that goes past Carnagie Motorcycle riding area, if so "I've" been on it, but not with the group.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:54 PM
TMS

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith
Damn Cliff, nice map!

Yes, we've done the S.A. Valley trip, I just didn't know that was the name for it.
Coral Hollow,is that the one that goes past Carnagie Motorcycle riding area, if so "I've" been on it, but not with the group.
If that's the MotoX place just North of 580, then the road there is Altamont Pass Road. Coral Hollow is down by the corner of Tesla and Greenville.

FWIW, I talked to a co-worker who recently had her 5er in to M Service. I'm not sure whether she actually authorized them to do the work (fuel pump - they wanted $650 to replace it including a $140 diagnostic fee) but I suspect not. She talked to her old mechanic from over on the peninsula and he recommended another shop in Walnut Creek. UUC says my SSK shipped today, so I'll call both your guy, Keith, and her guy for estimates.

Last edited by Cliff; 12-09-2002 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
If that's the MotoX place just North of 580, then the road there is Altamont Pass Road. Coral Hollow is down by the corner of Tesla and Greenville.

FWIW, I talked to a co-worker who recently had her 5er in to M Service. I'm not sure whether she actually authorized them to do the work (fuel pump - they wanted $650 to replace it including a $140 diagnostic fee) but I suspect not. She talked to her old mechanic from over on the peninsula and he recommended another shop in Walnut Creek. UUC says my SSK shipped today, so I'll call both your guy, Keith, and her guy for estimates.
Cliff, check your PM!