Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:24 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenU View Post
Oh, tell me about it..I am OCB when it comes to perfectly clean wheels and I can only imagine what a PITA this will be with THESE wheels.

They DO look outrageous when clean, though.

Gonna try and see if there is some sort of brush-thing out there that will ease the elbow-grease.
Quote:
OOPS!

I will say these 20" wheels are a b*^ch to clean, for all you '07 Sport Option buyers. Gorgeous wheels, but there's a big price to pay if you want them looking clean everyday. Personally, I think dirty wheels definitely detract from a car's overall look - especially with this Black Sapphire Sport!!

You can always replace your stock brake pads with aftermarket pads. Before I replaced my pads, I had to wipe down my wheels twice a day. Now I can go about four days.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: X6M
I'll use this thread, since I just got my '07 750i Sport too...

Well, I brought it home last night. I'm in love. It is everything I loved about my 745, only more and better.

I've only put about 70 miles on it thusfar, but a couple initial impressions...

The power bump over the 745 is very noticeable. I was driving my 745 in "Sport" mode most of the time, but this car feels more powerful without flicking it to Sport. Nice. And so far, I haven't noticed any hesitation or jerking (like with the 650).

Random: Bluetooth pairing was easy and it seems to work flawlessly (Verizon RAZR). The Luxury seats are fantastic, but the bottom of the seat seems to feel a little shorter than the Comfort seats in my 745. I find that I am extending the thigh support more than before, for some reason. And, at $90K, my a$s should be cooled and massaged. I love the subtle improvements to the interior, such as the knobs being trimmed with silver, etc. Love having a changer full of MP3s. Love, love, love it. The aux input works for my iPod, although the sound quality seems a bit worse than the CD changer of MP3s. There is an outlet to charge the iPod right next to the aux input, but then you have cables everywhere. I might just stick with MP3s and only use the iPod on trips. The mirrors fold in and up at the flick of a switch (right next to other mirror adjustments). Nice touch.

Now, Night Vision. This is probably a pointless $2,000 expense, but it's kind of interesting. There's a switch next to the light controls to turn it on/off, but you can also program the extra steering wheel button to control it, which is easier than fumbling for the dash button. When activated, it takes over your iDrive screen (either full screen or left portion, depending on the setting). I wish the image were in the line of sight more, as I found myself looking back and forth from the screen to the road. Necessary? Absolutely not. Cool? Yes.

The new Sport rims are amazing. And they're going to be an amazing bi+ch to clean. Already this morning, they're filthy. I do notice a little more tire noise with the 20s than before, but nothing outrageous. I have the new 19s ordered for my Blizzak snows. They're a nice looking rim too, but after the 20s, nothing looks as good.

No, I don't have any pictures yet. It was evening when I picked it up, then of course it rained and my rims are filthy this morning. Maybe I get some over the weekend.

Overall, very impressed.

I turned in the 650 (was able to make a deal) and will keep the 745 until before Thanksgiving or so, when the contract ends. Not sure what, if anything, I'll be filling the open slot with...

My fourth E65, believe it or not.

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...
Old 10-31-2006, 02:45 PM

Mein Auto: '07 750i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZLR8 View Post
Well, I brought it home last night. I'm in love. It is everything I loved about my 745, only more and better.

I've only put about 70 miles on it thusfar, but a couple initial impressions...

The power bump over the 745 is very noticeable. I was driving my 745 in "Sport" mode most of the time, but this car feels more powerful without flicking it to Sport. Nice. And so far, I haven't noticed any hesitation or jerking (like with the 650).

Random: Bluetooth pairing was easy and it seems to work flawlessly (Verizon RAZR). The Luxury seats are fantastic, but the bottom of the seat seems to feel a little shorter than the Comfort seats in my 745. I find that I am extending the thigh support more than before, for some reason. And, at $90K, my a$s should be cooled and massaged. I love the subtle improvements to the interior, such as the knobs being trimmed with silver, etc. Love having a changer full of MP3s. Love, love, love it. The aux input works for my iPod, although the sound quality seems a bit worse than the CD changer of MP3s. There is an outlet to charge the iPod right next to the aux input, but then you have cables everywhere. I might just stick with MP3s and only use the iPod on trips. The mirrors fold in and up at the flick of a switch (right next to other mirror adjustments). Nice touch.

Now, Night Vision. This is probably a pointless $2,000 expense, but it's kind of interesting. There's a switch next to the light controls to turn it on/off, but you can also program the extra steering wheel button to control it, which is easier than fumbling for the dash button. When activated, it takes over your iDrive screen (either full screen or left portion, depending on the setting). I wish the image were in the line of sight more, as I found myself looking back and forth from the screen to the road. Necessary? Absolutely not. Cool? Yes.

The new Sport rims are amazing. And they're going to be an amazing bi+ch to clean. Already this morning, they're filthy. I do notice a little more tire noise with the 20s than before, but nothing outrageous. I have the new 19s ordered for my Blizzak snows. They're a nice looking rim too, but after the 20s, nothing looks as good.

No, I don't have any pictures yet. It was evening when I picked it up, then of course it rained and my rims are filthy this morning. Maybe I get some over the weekend.

Overall, very impressed.
I am curious. Do you sometimes feel a "pronounced" downshift to 1st gear when about come to stop?

Congrats and drive it in good health!!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: X6M
Quote:
I am curious. Do you sometimes feel a "pronounced" downshift to 1st gear when about come to stop?

Congrats and drive it in good health!!
No, I don't. Of course, I really haven't "pushed" it yet and I haven't even really driven it in Sport.

I do know that with my 650i, there was always that pronounced downshift when in Sport mode and oocasionally when just in normal Drive. So far, knock on wood, I haven't noticed that with the 750i. (My 650i initially had a very bad hesitation on cold starts too, but that was taken care of for the most part with a software upgrade.)

2014 BMW X6 ///M | SpaceGray/BlackPerforatedFullMerino/CarbonLeather
2014 BMW 328xi Touring M-Sport | GlacierSilver/BlackDakota/DarkBurlWalnut
2014 BMW X6 35i M-Perf | TitaniumSilver/BlackNappa/DarkBamboo [wife's ride]

BMW HISTORY | '13 650xiGC, '12 650xi, '11 535xi, '11 X6 50i, '09 750i, '09 328xiT, '08 650i, '07 750i, '07 X5 4.8i, '06 650i, '05 745i, '05 325xiT, '03 745i, '02 745i, '01 325Cic, '01 X5 4.4i, and on...