Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
Need thoughts on customization and we can all get our own body kit

What's up everybody.

Well I purchased a 2005 Bmw 760Li (don't like the new style) and I want to take it to a whole nother level. I contacted a company to create a custom performance exhaust system, a company to create my own body kit (I don't like the Hamann kits or the other kit I saw), I'm getting a very rare paint job but I get stuck at a few parts and I really could use some help.

1) What do you guys think about me taking these rims but taking it to another level by putting diamonds on the chrome lip as well? You know the small round 1's?
http://superbuytires.com/Asanti/AF%20Diamond%20B/

2) If not that what about painting the entire rim the same color as the car (black)? I'm completely shaving off all the the chrome trim on the car so it's 100% black.

Also I wanted to say that if anybody is interesting in creating their own body kit let me know. We can all work on the design we want and agree on it, then I can have it completely made for a lot less than a Hamann kit and the others. I was quoted $3000 on the prototype so I imagine the more kits I get made the less it'll be. Probably $1000-1500 since the mold will already be created.
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
I don't know, you sound like you have money to burn. I would have started with a Rolls Royce, you know, to take it to the next level.

When you get the body kit, make sure to take pics for me, I might be interested in it if it looks good.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:08 PM

Mein Auto: 760Li
LOL. Well I like to drive, not be driven around. What do you think about the rims though? Would it look better all black and would the paved diamond on the lip look bad?

I'm getting the kit designed now that's why I was asking. Everybody could have input, I get a 2d and 3d model made and then we send it to production. I have a great concept in mind already though.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
No to offend you, but those rims are way over the top and have no business on a BMW, sorry. An Escalade, maybe, even an S-Class, but defiantly never a bimmer.

Now, I like these wheels.

The HRE 440R

Asanti MF 128's aren't bad either

Asanti AF 123B's look good too.

Hartge Classic 2's
are alright

This is just a small list of wheels I find that look classy on a 7 series. There are a few more non OEM wheels, but not many.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 750LI M3 Mustang Tundra
if i had a bently i would put those iced out rims on it.