Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 12-06-2006, 10:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to brandonpturner@ Send a message via MSN to brandonpturner@ Send a message via Yahoo to brandonpturner@ Send a message via Skype™ to brandonpturner@
Mein Auto: '97 318i
What was that movie?

1. I remember this movie from a LONG time ago. I think it was a horror movie, but I'm not exactly sure. The scene I remember is with a couple of kids sitting at their tree opening their presents when all of a subben this HUGE monster arm like comes in the window to grab them. I don't remember if you see the rest of the monster, but I think it shows the eye looking through the window. What was the name of this movie?

2. There was another movie that might be a holiday movie. The two things I remember very distinctly were a man in a WWII army tank, and the other thing was a very large feris wheel coming off of its frame, and rolling through the city. For some reason, I think this was an old comedy, but I remember it being in black and white. What was this movie?

If anyone can answer EITHER of those questions with the information I've given you, you are an amazing movie genious, and I bow to you.
Ads by Google
Old 12-06-2006, 10:14 PM
^yup, it's me^

Mein Auto: Teilsortierfachentdeckung
For #2 I want to say 1942. I'm prolly wrong though.

Curator of the Museum of Unfinished Projects

Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to brandonpturner@ Send a message via MSN to brandonpturner@ Send a message via Yahoo to brandonpturner@ Send a message via Skype™ to brandonpturner@
Mein Auto: '97 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliJeff View Post
For #2 I want to say 1942. I'm prolly wrong though.
It was 1941! Thank you so much!

Last edited by brandonpturner@; 12-06-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
HAPPY BIMMER *****

Mein Auto: 325i
no clue
Old 12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i
No clue about #1. #2 was definitely 1941 with Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi. I was ROTFL when I first saw it in my college days. Its not as funny now but there are many great scenes.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonpturner@ View Post
1. I remember this movie from a LONG time ago. I think it was a horror movie, but I'm not exactly sure. The scene I remember is with a couple of kids sitting at their tree opening their presents when all of a subben this HUGE monster arm like comes in the window to grab them. I don't remember if you see the rest of the monster, but I think it shows the eye looking through the window. What was the name of this movie?

2. There was another movie that might be a holiday movie. The two things I remember very distinctly were a man in a WWII army tank, and the other thing was a very large feris wheel coming off of its frame, and rolling through the city. For some reason, I think this was an old comedy, but I remember it being in black and white. What was this movie?

If anyone can answer EITHER of those questions with the information I've given you, you are an amazing movie genious, and I bow to you.
You say comedy and WWII, and that's a dead giveaway.

For #1, sounds like one of the King Kong movies.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:30 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2006 MCS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in NC View Post
No clue about #1. #2 was definitely 1941 with Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi. I was ROTFL when I first saw it in my college days. Its not as funny now but there are many great scenes.
I cracked up when Belushi (Capt. Wild Bill Kelso) landed his P-40 on a California
Highway. Rolls his aircraft right up to a gas station, the bell goes "ding ding", he
steps out, and yells to the attendant "fill 'er up, with Ethel". Attendant has a dumb
struck look "Where???"

"Give him the stilt check..."

Last edited by javelina1; 12-08-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i, 2006 MCS
Colonel "Madman" Maddox : Identify yourself!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso : Captain Wild Bill Kelso, United States Army Air Corps, where the Hell am I?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox : Barstow, where you coming from?
Captain Wild Bill Kelso : San Francisco, been chasing a Jap squadron for a day and a half. I lost 'em somewhere over Fresno.
Telephone Operator : I'm from Olene, Illinois.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso : Tough Sh*t.

Captain Wild Bill Kelso : My name's Wild Bill Kelso, and don't you forget it!
Colonel "Madman" Maddox : That's the kind of talk I like to hear, boy. That's it, lemme hear your guns.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso : My guns?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox : Yes, I wanna hear what they sound like, let me hear 'em.

Hollis P. Wood: You sneaky little batards aren't getting doodly s**t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185

Hollis P. Wood: [after seeing Captain von Kleinschmidt enter] Jesus Palomino, a Nazi. I knew it, you're all in cahoots. Well let me tell you something, Mr. Heinie Kraut, I fought your kind in the great war, and we kicked the living s**t out of you!

Raoul Lip*****z: Ladies and gentlemen, every where I look... soldiers are fighting sailors, sailors are fighting marines. Directly in front of me, I see a flying blond floozy. Everywhere I look, everywhere, pure pandemoninium - pandemonium.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wild-bill.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	93896  

Last edited by javelina1; 12-08-2006 at 07:48 PM.