Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***CCCP*** View Post
Btw do they blink when u start the car
I would have to ask my gf or someone else to let me know since I wouldn't be able to see if they blinked while I'm starting the car.

Funny thing that I didn't realize that their were 2 areas in the handle that light up. Just noticed it today.

Separate issue: have you programmed your car for "pathway lighting" If you haven't I think you would like it. It allows you to press the panic button on your remote so your Angel Eyes, low beams, rear lights and license plate lights and door handle lights all come on for about a minute. It's good if you park in an area that's dark and you want to light up the path while you walk away from your car.

I hope the other bulbs come tomorrow so I can install them after work. I still might change them if the ones you buy look better. I'll just be glad to finally get rid of the yellow/orange lights. It's annoyed me since I upgraded all my other lighting to LED.

The one thing I still have to do is the fog lights. I returned the ones I bought on eBay and got me full refund. Do you think the ones you just got are good? Do they match the color of your HID's?

Jeff-
Old 09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Major

Mein Auto: 745 li
Quote:
Originally Posted by JML6278 View Post
I would have to ask my gf or someone else to let me know since I wouldn't be able to see if they blinked while I'm starting the car.

Funny thing that I didn't realize that their were 2 areas in the handle that light up. Just noticed it today.

Separate issue: have you programmed your car for "pathway lighting" If you haven't I think you would like it. It allows you to press the panic button on your remote so your Angel Eyes, low beams, rear lights and license plate lights and door handle lights all come on for about a minute. It's good if you park in an area that's dark and you want to light up the path while you walk away from your car.

I hope the other bulbs come tomorrow so I can install them after work. I still might change them if the ones you buy look better. I'll just be glad to finally get rid of the yellow/orange lights. It's annoyed me since I upgraded all my other lighting to LED.

The one thing I still have to do is the fog lights. I returned the ones I bought on eBay and got me full refund. Do you think the ones you just got are good? Do they match the color of your HID's?

Jeff-
Jeff, those fog lights are okayish they arent as bright as halogen bulbs but i kept them they look ok with the other lights.
What the line i should code for that path light thing.
Btw all my lights blink when i start the car any idea how to make them stop blinking ???
Old 09-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Major

here couple pics of fogs. sorry camera sucks

Old 09-17-2012, 02:34 AM

Quote:
here couple pics of fogs. sorry camera sucks

Fogs look great. Just ordered mine. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Jeff, those fog lights are okayish they arent as bright as halogen bulbs but i kept them they look ok with the other lights.
What the line i should code for that path light thing.
Btw all my lights blink when i start the car any idea how to make them stop blinking ???
Not sure why your lights are blinking. To guess I would say that maybe after you get your alternator replaced and battery gets fully charged maybe it will go away. My alternator is fine, but when my battery was going, I would have all sorts of intermittent issues (A/C wouldn't blow hard and would sometimes turn itself on and off as one example) got new battery and everything went back to normal.

Don't think it can be coding because your door handle bulbs are Canbus and even if they weren't they monitored as far as I know. I would tell the Indy who is working on your car and see if he thinks itbcould be related to alternator/battery.

I'll get back to you with the coding, since it's a few lines in the LMA.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Major

Awesome Jeff i appreciate it. Btw, when u get ur fogs adjust them all the way up. I mean they are more for looks anyways. As led isnt as bright as halogen bulb.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 03 745i
Quote:
Awesome Jeff i appreciate it. Btw, when u get ur fogs adjust them all the way up. I mean they are more for looks anyways. As led isnt as bright as halogen bulb.
I was wondering where you picked these up from and also just making sure if they are plug and. Play and do you need resistors with them?
Old 09-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Major

Look couple pages up on this thread there is link for ebay. Or simply search h3 led bulbs on ebay. They are not error free we use ncs expert to disable hot and cold option so it doesnt throw error
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Look couple pages up on this thread there is link for ebay. Or simply search h3 led bulbs on ebay. They are not error free we use ncs expert to disable hot and cold option so it doesnt throw error
I haven't changed the coding back to the default since I got the other fogs, so for me they will be plug and play.

When did the blinking start? Was it recently or ever since you got the car? If its not the alternator, then maybe it's related to one or more of the LED lights you put in. Can you describe what you mean by blinking.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Major

When i start my car all my exterior led bulbs blink like strobe lights for bout 5 secs. Its like cops car with all the strobes. Maybe its cuz of my alt. will see
Old 09-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
When i start my car all my exterior led bulbs blink like strobe lights for bout 5 secs. Its like cops car with all the strobes. Maybe its cuz of my alt. will see
That's very odd. How long has it been happening?
Old 09-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Major

Quote:
That's very odd. How long has it been happening?
as soon as i installed my 1st led light.... interior lights dont blink tho. are u sure urs dont? ask some1 to start ur car for u and go check ur plate lights and reverse lights
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 E66 745Li
Quote:
as soon as i installed my 1st led light.... interior lights dont blink tho. are u sure urs dont? ask some1 to start ur car for u and go check ur plate lights and reverse lights
Hey CCCP,

The LED lights blinking is normal, it happens on my e65, my previous e60, my friends e60's, e87's, e89's, e39's and the list just goes on.

I cant tell you why but its normal lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Bimmer App

Last edited by D4T_POM; 09-18-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4T_POM View Post
Hey CCCP,

The LED lights blinking is normal, it happens on my e65, my previous e60, my friends e60's, e87's, e89's, e39's and the list just goes on.

I cant tell you why but its normal lol

Old 09-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Major

I know as the car still checks for lights and on led lights voltage is different. What confused me was some ppl reported they dont experience blinking on their cars
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I know as the car still checks for lights and on led lights voltage is different. What confused me was some ppl reported they dont experience blinking on their cars
Lol whar car was that on?
Also i doubt they looked closely

Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Major

It was bmw. Maybe e66 not sure but i saw that post. Guy said i disabled CC and they stopped blinking whatever the hell that means lol
Old 09-18-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It was bmw. Maybe e66 not sure but i saw that post. Guy said i disabled CC and they stopped blinking whatever the hell that means lol
Lol

Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4T_POM View Post
Lol

I will have to check mine when I get a chance. I never had anyone say anything to me so we'll see.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I will have to check mine when I get a chance. I never had anyone say anything to me so we'll see.
My rear turn signals do blink. I will turn off the hot and cold monitoring and see if it still does.

I received my other 2 LED door handle bulbs today. Will install them on Friday while I wait for my iPhone 5 to be delivered. Then I will finally be free of the ugly yellow/orange door handle lights.

While the white LED's are not bright, I'll be happier than what I had. I will still consider swapping these out once someone (CCCP... Hint ... Hint) finds a better solution. I've been able to remove the bottom part of the light module without unscrewing the rest of the module from the door frame, which saves some time, plus I've been able to unclip the bottom and sides of the door panel without the need to remove the entire door panel. All of this saves a good amount of time, and reduces the chances of bending the control rod or disconnecting the Bowden cable from the inside door handle. I won't think twice about redoing this if a better solution is found. I am happy enough to wait or if a better solution isn't found, I can live with the results. Looks good at night, but isn't noticeable during the day.

Jeff-
Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Major

Thats good bro. Ill dry those blue ones one day. Will see how it goes. Btw why are u getting iphone? I cant wait till i can change my phone i have 4a now. And i was a brand whore thill my friend bought samsung phone. Its waaaaaay better. Iphone is crap. Too bad i realized it too late.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Thats good bro. Ill dry those blue ones one day. Will see how it goes. Btw why are u getting iphone? I cant wait till i can change my phone i have 4a now. And i was a brand whore thill my friend bought samsung phone. Its waaaaaay better. Iphone is crap. Too bad i realized it too late.
Are you keeping the yellow lights or switching out the LED's you have now and then getting the blue ones later?

I am getting the new iPhone 5 because I love Apple's products. I also love their stock, Hit $702/share today!!! Samsung ripped off Apple. Even a jury found them guilty of infringing on 7 of Apple's patents. They should come up with their own ideas.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Major

Yeah Jeff im keeping my ugly yellow lol.
Hahaha man who cares. Im not going to buy iphone cuz somebody facked them up)) i thought ill never say this but android is better phone in anyway
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah Jeff im keeping my ugly yellow lol.
Hahaha man who cares. Im not going to buy iphone cuz somebody facked them up)) i thought ill never say this but android is better phone in anyway
I just finished installing the other 2 LED's. Looks good at night. Now I'm just waiting for the fogs and I'll be done.

I was thinking about retrofitting the hydraulic closing trunk. Parts aren't too expensive on eBay, but I'm a bit concerned with the wiring.

Any word from your Indy on how the alternator repair went?
Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 PM
BMW Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2004 745LI
Hey found a new bulb and they said is super bright let's check it out

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...-led/958/2359/