Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 12-22-2001, 06:05 PM
BMW Doc Emeritus

Mein Auto: BMW
This place looks great!

Wow! Great job guys! Much better to use and much more friendly than that other board (I won't make direct reference but you all know which one I am talking about.) It has become a mad house over there. I am glad we have a place where the "regulars" can have meaningful conversation without the crap from the spammers or flamers. And the software on this board looks pretty good so far as well... it hasn't crashed on me yet and I can actually find posts from more than 5 minutes ago!

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to participating in the discussions.
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2001, 06:22 PM
pimpee

Send a message via AIM to LilEccentricJ
Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Duramax Diesel
Thumbs up

Hey Warwick, my grandmother lives on Rt2 by the defunct Deawoo dealer. I took her to the Gravity Games (she's 84) on Sept 9th at Providence Place.

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Does anyone rememeber my BMW?
Old 12-22-2001, 06:31 PM
BMW Doc Emeritus

I live on the other end of the city near the airport. It was quite funny when they built that Daewoo dealership, something told me it would flop. I think it lasted a whole 2 or 3 months!

Do you come up here often? Your grandmother sounds like a lively lady. Does she happen to be a drag-racer on the side? BTW- nice car.
Old 12-22-2001, 06:35 PM
pimpee

She works with Meals-on-wheels and she still drives 80-90mph into Providence for work, well you know what 95 is like. Anyway, your over by TFG near Cranston then. I have family on Pontiac Ave. and Bryant Rd. My family is heirs to the Budlongs if you knew of them.

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Old 12-22-2001, 06:49 PM
BMW Doc Emeritus

Yes, I live a couple of miles from Cranston off of Warwick Ave. I have heard of the Budlongs. I actually used to live in Cranston when I first came to the country, I lived off of Park Ave. when my employer used to be located in that big ol' factory on Wellington Ave. My older sister still lives off of Pontiac Ave. not too far from our old house.

I can just imagine your grandmother driving on 95. They don't give her a BMW to drive, though, huh? Now that would be a site to see!
Old 12-22-2001, 06:52 PM
pimpee

Her fear of poverty she saw while growing up in the Great Depression doesn't afford her a BMW. She drives a Buick. Oh well, just more $$ to pass along some day

Old 12-22-2001, 07:06 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

Mein Auto: 2013 328i convertible
Thumbs up

Hey lilE, we both are alpine I see
Old 12-22-2001, 07:09 PM
pimpee

I'm likin' it CC... Only I don't have the clear reflectors anymore after the crash. I ordered more form autodynamic and they suck big time. Don't fit, were molded wrong and they forced the spring in so bad it scratched the back/inside of the lens. In the trash they go cuz their site doesn't work anymore either.

https://www.autodynamic.com/

Ideas?

Old 12-22-2001, 07:11 PM
pimpee

Hey CC,

Your near the Performance Center, you been there? Is it worth the trip.. thinking about a long weekend sometime.

Old 12-22-2001, 07:21 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

hmmm, your right, the site is not working..thats weird! Well, I ordered my clears from Circle BMW, have you tried them. THey fit perfect since they are BMW parts. The Performance Center, are you talking about Spartanburg SC? If you are, I am about 2 and a half hours away, I am in the mountains of NC, Ski area. though I have been to Spartanburg/Greenville many times. I have only seen the place while driving, if this is the place your talking about??
Old 12-22-2001, 07:25 PM
pimpee

Yea, Spartanburg. Anyways, the clears I'm talking about are the reflectors in the bumper... see my bumper corners. Does BMW make these or are you thinking the corner lights? I would love a BMW branded clear reflector!

Old 12-22-2001, 07:25 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

Oh wait a second lilE. I think you were talking about the orange replectors on the bumper not the corners right? I see yours were clear, mine are the same color as car, almost like they don't even exist
Old 12-22-2001, 07:27 PM
pimpee

Quote:
Originally posted by CCs328Ci
Oh wait a second lilE. I think you were talking about the orange replectors on the bumper not the corners right? I see yours were clear, mine are the same color as car, almost like they don't even exist
So you had yours painted? ... this is what I am thinking for mine.

Old 12-22-2001, 07:30 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

Yea, I popped those babies out and had them painted exactly like the car. I think you can tell it all blends in my pic. I like it myself, I like the clear too, but I would like it if the orange exist at all (IMO). I am sure BMW will never sell this, I believe some orange has to be on the front bumper if its legal. I guess we are not legal.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:36 PM
pimpee

I'm gunna order a set from Circle for $8.00 and have them painted unless I can find the site that was selling them already done and the price is right. Anyone know the site I'm talking about? I'll just keep the orange ones in the car incase a pesky cop wants to meet quota on me. BTW, a friend of mine is a dep. Sheriff and he noticed the absence of orange and sited the DOT law and that it was a ticketable offence but I live in a "home town" sort of place and a little name dropping gets you out of a lot unless you wreck your car on the I95 and FHP shows then you've had it... hehe

Old 12-22-2001, 07:44 PM
Formerly CCs328Ci

hehe, well I live in a place, small, where everyone knows everyone, no such thing as large city here. they don't care about this stuff, not yet anyway. I even had a cop at work like my car, and didnt say a word about that...