Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 01-22-2007, 01:24 AM
BMW

Mein Auto: 06750iSL55AMG-05BentleyGT
Which one should I get?

Ok guys, I have a BMW already, a 750, nice but ok, I am young and it's still a sedan, a nice sporty sedan though. I am gonna keep my BMW and my other cars, only now I want to sell my 06 sl 55 amg and I was thinking about getting one of the following: 07 SL 55 amg, Maserati GranSport Spyder (convertible), or the 07 BMW m6 convertible. Any ideas which one you guys prefer and why?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	model emblem.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	96450   Click image for larger version

Name:	03_4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	96451   Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	96452  
Ads by Google
Old 01-22-2007, 11:13 PM
BMW-addicted

Mein Auto: Not worth mentioning
Tough question, but I would take the 07 SL55 (I don't like softtops..)..
Old 01-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M3 Cab, 760Li, '08 LX570
Quote:
Originally Posted by beimerdude View Post
Ok guys, I have a BMW already, a 750, nice but ok, I am young and it's still a sedan, a nice sporty sedan though. I am gonna keep my BMW and my other cars, only now I want to sell my 06 sl 55 amg and I was thinking about getting one of the following: 07 SL 55 amg, Maserati GranSport Spyder (convertible), or the 07 BMW m6 convertible. Any ideas which one you guys prefer and why?
Maserati GranSport Spyder all the way

It will be a nice addition to your existing car collection!

2008 M3 Cab -- Alpine White, Blk Novillo
2005 760Li Individual -- Azurite Blk, Platinum Merino, ED
2002 745Li -- Sold
2000 750iL -- Sold
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 M6
M6 vert ...just a bit better than the AMG.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:30 PM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreco View Post
M6 vert ...just a bit better than the AMG.
I agree!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:42 PM
BMW

Mein Auto: 06750iSL55AMG-05BentleyGT
ok well...

Thanks guys for your responses, but here are my takes on the three car choices: The SL 55 amg is definitely a nice car, fast and with amg you get a nice engine roar that for sure will make driving this monster an unforgettable experience. But the thing I started to dislike about the SL is that there are ALOT of them here! Not necessarily the AMG, but the SL here is as common as the E class or Range Rovers. Most of the regular SL's I have seen were being driven by women, the AMG's one were either being driven by younger guys or older men. I never saw a woman with an AMG lol. Oh and I also love the fact the SL has a hard top. Pretty darn good option and its hard to beat.
The Maserati GranSport is on the other hand a very rare car. I could not recall seeing any GranSport Spyder here. Plus the way you can customize your car, it is just simply amazing. You can choose even the color of the piping around the leather seats. The treatment I got at the dealership was amazing. They treat you like a king, and show you every step of the way how the car is made and what makes it so special. Plus it starts at $99k so it is cheaper than the SL AMG. The car price though sky rockets when you start adding all the options you want. Mine with all the options and special leather seating went to about $124k. The leather and interior materials I would say are definitely of a higher quality than both BMW and Mercedes. You feel like you're really driving an exotic car with the GranSport. Oh and the Engine rumble left me basically speechless!!
As for the M6 convertible, while I have never test driven one before, but what I hear from friends who have, is that it is a very fast car, with BMW handling. Very Sporty, and I like the M customizations of the body especially the front and rear bumpers and I liked the double exhaust spoke which all contribute to making it a true M. I first thought it might not look like a very special car cause it looks a lot like the regular 650, but trust me, once you see an M6 you would immediately know its an M6 lol. Though I have seen some people with a regular 650 customized to look like a fake M. To me that is definitely not attractive! I still need to test drive one to decide. I also have a few concerns about the smg. One thing that kind of annoys me about the M too is that it seats 4 people lol. I was more into a true sports car that would seat only two.

Well all of this might seem like it would help me make a decision, but I guess I am more confused now than I was before. I guess I have to wait until I test drive an M6 to make a final decision.

Last edited by beimerdude; 01-23-2007 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 2005 BMW 645Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by beimerdude View Post
Aston Martin convertible.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:36 AM
M SICK

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW M6, 2003 BMW M5
As an M6 owner, I would say 1. Aston 2.M6 3.SL. I believe that the SL should not even be considered. I don't want to get off on a rant here but all I have to say is :curb weight + reliability. I would not have you choose the Aston because it is better or faster than the M6. It just sounds more like what you are looking for: a true 2 seater that is very regal and exclusive. I agree that it would make a very nice addition to your current collection. I just want to tell you that the M6 is a tremendous car and you would never be disappointed with your purchase. The versatility, handling, and technology in this car are staggering even at this price point and IMO, a steal. I would gladly challenge a Bentley GT that costs 75 K more and walk away confident that I got much more for my dollar. Not to mention the fact that the car would be in my rear view mirror Good luck with your decision!!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: It's constantly changing.
If you're looking for exclusivity, go with the Maserati.