Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)

E85 / E86 Z4 (2003-2008)
E85 Z4 convertible and E86 Z4 coupe talk with our BMW gurus here.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: Z4M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palantirion View Post
-Umm, did you just write that you are getting a single-adjustable rear with double-adjustable fronts??? Is that what TCK's new kit is? Or is that just an option? Now that I've tracked with them, I can't imagine giving up my rear bump adjustability!
I think you might be the only one that has Z4M TCK double-adjustables for both front and rear as far as I know. Usually the Z4M TCk coilover kits they sell have DA front and SA rear because of the noise problem from the rear shock like you've mentioned. However, supposedly Dan Law from M3forum.net has a fix for that. I know pretty much everyone that has the double adjustable rear shocks on their E46 M3 has experienced the knocking noise problem until Dan Law came out with a fix himself.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor View Post
If the sets you're referring to are the "TC KLINE MZ4 TRUE MATCH S/A COILOVER W/ DA FRONT" then one of the 2 sold is mine and its getting installed next Wed.

What is it, exactly, I should be listening for? I'm more then happy to give my feedback.
How soon ago did you order and receive this kit? If you've just received the kit within the last week or 2, then that should be the updated version. Did Pete at TCK mention to you that your kit has the new front struts built by Koni (which required a 9 month lead time)?

I had the version 1 which had the front struts built by TrueChoice. There were constant knocking noises from the struts when going over bumps or unsmooth roads. In my case, the noises were pretty loud and annoying - almost sounded like the car was about to fall apart.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
My kine-a town.

Mein Auto: 335i, E350 Estate, F430
Quote:
-Umm, did you just write that you are getting a single-adjustable rear with double-adjustable fronts??? Is that what TCK's new kit is? Or is that just an option? Now that I've tracked with them, I can't imagine giving up my rear bump adjustability!
That is how I understand it, per my conversations with Pete. The item description I posted is straight off my shop's estimate.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:20 PM
My kine-a town.

Mein Auto: 335i, E350 Estate, F430
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP20 View Post
How soon ago did you order and receive this kit? If you've just received the kit within the last week or 2, then that should be the updated version. Did Pete at TCK mention to you that your kit has the new front struts built by Koni (which required a 9 month lead time)?

I had the version 1 which had the front struts built by TrueChoice. There were constant knocking noises from the struts when going over bumps or unsmooth roads. In my case, the noises were pretty loud and annoying - almost sounded like the car was about to fall apart.
My understanding is that this is the new kit that just became available as of the 12th of this month, I believe. I ordered mine through Fall-Line Motorsport (my shop). They just got them in. My install is scheduled for next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me...
Old 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: 3.0 E46, 3.2 E86
Quote:
-I have a lot more than 16 to post!

-Likewise. Looking through the pics I've taken I'll probably have to burn you a CD. I also bought hi-res photos on CD from the pro track photographer. He's going to send me a few of your Z4 too, so I'll include them on the CD. Until then, enjoy the low-res ones I'll be posting before I heard off to Buttonwillow on Thursday.
Cool. What's the name and contact info. of the photographer? I didn't get a chance to see what he shot. I always make it a habit of supporting those guys. They usually have a number of awesome shots that I can turn into posters... If you send me your favorite hi-res. shot of your car, consider it done. I'll do a nice canvas print for your garage or something...

Have Fun at BW tomorrow...
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here is the link to the bulk of the pictures:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...=1#post1140330

Here's my favorite from the weekend:

Here is a short vid shot by Bim Growl of my Coupe going through Turn 2:
http://ebsart.com/images/Net%20Publi...ain-WinPor.wmv

Here is my onboard video of my 3:15.58 lap:
http://ebsart.com/images/Net%20Publi...ntain-10Mb.wmv

I don't think this was my fastest lap of the weekend, but it was pretty well representational of the Coupe's performance when driven by a less-than-perfect driver. And speaking of drivers, Bim Growl was pretty damn good. From my observations he was deep into the 3:19s - on stock Contis! He was actually as fast as the guy who brought the Ariel Atom! Seriously. I watched them for three or four laps and the gap between them was constant. The Atom was waaaaay faster in the straights, but from talking to the driver later it seems that the Atom (like the Elise) suffers in certain turns from having such a high rear weight bias. Again, for all the pics...go HERE.

BMS adjusted the Coupe's ride height again before I left on Friday. The current configuration doesn't rub at all, even on low shock settings. Measuring from wheel center to the fender cutout the front is 345mm and the rear is 352mm.
Haha. I love this post! Nice vids, and the pics are great. Thanks for posting the on-car footage. It's fun to see how you drive the track differently with the sticky tires and mods than I was able to with a fully stock car. I was using the whole track that's for sure. You were able to get so much tighter and your car just sticks like a mother____er. I ended up overworking my brakes, and realized on my ride home that they got a little warped. Here's to hoping that the BMW warranty will take care of that next week when I take the car in to get the passenger door re-aligned... We'll see.

It was fun going at it with the Ariel Atom. I was really wishing I had some sticky rubber on. I'm going to have to talk to the wife about some new wheels/tires for this ride. Maybe an early X-Mas? LOL.

Finally, as much as I appreciate the comment; I'm not fast. If I was fast, I would have passed the Atom. Oh well, we always need something to improve upon, right? Maybe without those 3 straights I would have had him, eh? I can dream anyways, right?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6 View Post
Um, YEAH!

What are your impressions on the track?
I can chime in on this. It's a very tight, technical track with lots of heavy braking zones leading into fun and challenging off camber turns. It's so easy to get comlacent and end up skating off a subtle off camber situation. It also makes it trickier to keep the car under you so you can hit the apexes perfectly. There are some elevation changes as well. Inparticular the area between turns 4 and 8 require alot out of the driver.

Miata drivers love it and Radical Drivers love it if that tells you anything.

Overall, It's one of my favorite tracks in the region. But then again, it's only 45 minutes from my house, so naturally I feel that way.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Damn, that looks exhausting.
It's exhausting in a Corvette or a Viper. We just drove along sipping tea in our sports-luxo BMW's... Ooooh Laaa Laaa.

It can definitely be a handful... But it's like a handful of nice tig ole bitties. You know you may not be able to fit it all in your hands at any one time, but it's sure fun trying...

Last edited by Bim Growl; 09-26-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Mein Auto: 2003 M5-S2, 2002 540iT-S2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim Growl View Post
Haha. I love this post! Nice vids, and the pics are great. Thanks for posting the on-car footage. It's fun to see how you drive the track differently with the sticky tires and mods than I was able to with a fully stock car. I was using the whole track that's for sure. You were able to get so much tighter and your car just sticks like a mother____er. I ended up overworking my brakes, and realized on my ride home that they got a little warped. Here's to hoping that the BMW warranty will take care of that next week when I take the car in to get the passenger door re-aligned... We'll see.
-Hey, I was thinking of using the track map that I posted to draw "my" line. You want to do the same and we can post both? I'll try to get that done this weekend.

Quote:
It was fun going at it with the Ariel Atom. I was really wishing I had some sticky rubber on. I'm going to have to talk to the wife about some new wheels/tires for this ride. Maybe an early X-Mas? LOL.
-Some RA-1s and you would have killed him! I still feel a little sorry for him - having such a potentially fast car, but with no suspension adjustments!

Quote:
Finally, as much as I appreciate the comment; I'm not fast. If I was fast, I would have passed the Atom. Oh well, we always need something to improve upon, right? Maybe without those 3 straights I would have had him, eh? I can dream anyways, right?
-LOL, you ARE fast. Otherwise there's NO way a stock M Coupe should be able to hang with a car that has the same power but is 1/2 the weight!

Quote:
It can definitely be a handful... But it's like a handful of nice tig ole bitties. You know you may not be able to fit it all in your hands, but it's sure fun trying...
-

p.s. I have a draft of my door numbers done. I've been meaning to email you, and may or may not have time before I leave tomorrow morning. But I'll try...

p.p.s. I'm not sure where I put the photographer's card, I'll look...
Old 09-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor View Post
That is how I understand it, per my conversations with Pete. The item description I posted is straight off my shop's estimate.
-I guess I just don't get it. If you want quiet, get SA all around. They are fine for the street and would be ok for the track if you don't care about tuning. If you are tracking seriously, you REALLY want the ability to tune both ends of the car, and in my case you don't even hear the shock valving over the road noise of the RA-1s, at least over 30mph.

Update
I misspoke earlier when I said that 352mm rear ride height didn't rub on 275 RA-1s. At street bump settings of 2-4 there can be slight rub on a very abrupt bump. But not with track settings, and the rubbing is very minor - IE: I'm not planning to raise it.

Also, regarding my little battery and longevity: I finally saw some negative performance. After being in and out of BMS and the exhaust shop for two months - and being drained to death 8+ times, the battery stopped holding a full charge. I mentioned it to Chris and he let me borrow his $1100 super-smart battery charger overnight (It was the end of their work day). This went through the process of draining the battery and resetting the "memory" and then charging it back up. It's cranking MUCH stronger now and provided there is a reduction in battery abuse I expect it to function well for a long time to come.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
-Hey, I was thinking of using the track map that I posted to draw "my" line. You want to do the same and we can post both? I'll try to get that done this weekend.

-Some RA-1s and you would have killed him! I still feel a little sorry for him - having such a potentially fast car, but with no suspension adjustments!

-LOL, you ARE fast. Otherwise there's NO way a stock M Coupe should be able to hang with a car that has the same power but is 1/2 the weight!

-

p.s. I have a draft of my door numbers done. I've been meaning to email you, and may or may not have time before I leave tomorrow morning. But I'll try...

p.p.s. I'm not sure where I put the photographer's card, I'll look...

Let's do that! I would say yours was more the "racing line". Super tight around all the corners makes for an easier defense... I think this has to be my first mod: http://www.aimsports.com/products/david/index.html
Just look at that sample footage! That is the best for analysis after the fact! Furthermore, it's fuly plug and play for our cars. You can plug it right into the ECU for all the data capture. Pretty slick! I could have one camera on the car getting the track shot, and one in the car looking over my shoulder at the driving inputs...

I don't think the driver in the Atom was that good. It just didn't seem to add up, that's all I'm saying. For all intents and purposes he should have walked me HARD.

As soon as you get me the door numbers, I'll print them up and send them over to you... You can even just tell me the font, the CMYK Color Values, and the size in inches that you want them to be... If you want to do the "special colors" we were talking about, I've already got the pantone book for those...

Last edited by Bim Growl; 09-26-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
Let's do that! I would say yours was more the "racing line". Super tight around all the corners makes for an easier defense... I think this has to be my first mod: http://www.aimsports.com/products/david/index.html
Just look at that sample footage! That is the best for analysis after the fact! Furthermore, it's fuly plug and play for our cars. You can plug it right into the ECU for all the data capture. Pretty slick! I could have one camera on the car getting the track shot, and one in the car looking over my shoulder at the driving inputs...

I don't think the driver in the Atom was that good. It just didn't seem to add up, that's all I'm saying. For all intents and purposes he should have walked me HARD.

As soon as you get me the door numbers, I'll print them up and send them over to you... You can even just tell me the font, the CMYK Color Values, and the size in inches that you want them to be... If you want to do the "special colors" we were talking about, I've already got the pantone book for those...
-DaVid looks interesting. I was taking a good look at Chase Cam, which is very similar, but I think lighter. Does DaVid have an audio pickup? That's important to me.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
-DaVid looks interesting. I was taking a good look at Chase Cam, which is very similar, but I think lighter. Does DaVid have an audio pickup? That's important to me.
The DaVid system weighs 21 oz. If you are using a camera with a microphone it will pick up the sound. If you are using bullet cameras without sound, I don't think you'll have sound... No biggie though; just use the bullet camera for the outside footage where you don't want the wind noise, and use your better videocamera inside the cabin so you can hear yourself sipping tea as you drive that fancy BMW... In other words, the external mic's have to be hooked up to the camera, not the DaVid system itself.

I believe the features outweigh any possible weight savings. If I was competing against anyone but myself, I might consider the chase cam option, but I'm still learning. I think the benefits of the additional features far outweigh the physical benefits of having something that weighs a few ounces less...

I mean, wouldn't you really love to know what kind of G's your car is pulling through turns 8-12?
Wouldn't you love having that infrared timing sensor that your insurance company wouldn't know anything about?
Wouldn't you love to know that on lap 10 you had the hammer down 1.2 seconds earlier exiting turn 16 than you did on lap 1 and why you were able to do it?
Wouldn't you love comparative lap maps within 6 inches of each other that you could download and post up or compare with friends?

It also comes with some crazy sick evaluation software. You can download old track maps. You can download and compare with friends and other drivers, etc...

Seems super cool to me... Sure, it's "real money" at like $2500 for the system, but I think you get out of it what you put into it... I know I've always wanted one, that's for sure.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
The DaVid system weighs 21 oz. If you are using a camera with a microphone it will pick up the sound. If you are using bullet cameras without sound, I don't think you'll have sound... No biggie though; just use the bullet camera for the outside footage where you don't want the wind noise, and use your better videocamera inside the cabin so you can hear yourself sipping tea as you drive that fancy BMW... In other words, the external mic's have to be hooked up to the camera, not the DaVid system itself.

I believe the features outweigh any possible weight savings. If I was competing against anyone but myself, I might consider the chase cam option, but I'm still learning. I think the benefits of the additional features far outweigh the physical benefits of having something that weighs a few ounces less...

I mean, wouldn't you really love to know what kind of G's your car is pulling through turns 8-12?
Wouldn't you love having that infrared timing sensor that your insurance company wouldn't know anything about?
Wouldn't you love to know that on lap 10 you had the hammer down 1.2 seconds earlier exiting turn 16 than you did on lap 1 and why you were able to do it?
Wouldn't you love comparative lap maps within 6 inches of each other that you could download and post up or compare with friends?

It also comes with some crazy sick evaluation software. You can download old track maps. You can download and compare with friends and other drivers, etc...

Seems super cool to me... Sure, it's "real money" at like $2500 for the system, but I think you get out of it what you put into it... I know I've always wanted one, that's for sure.
-Chase cam weighs about the same, or possible a little more, has similar record features and with cameras and stuff it's less than $1k. I've got to look into the features in more detail. DaVid seems to be a little more in-depth though.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Z4 Mvangelist

I'm back from Buttonwillow. We ran #13 CW and #25 CCW. Both were fun, and the Z4MC had fun. On #25 CCW the Coupe had a peak speed higher than the non-V8 Radicals although I couldn't touch their lap times! Pics and vids coming soon...
Old 10-02-2007, 07:56 AM

Mein Auto: 06-M Coupe
I guess that makes me the owner of the second set, bought them on the September 19th from TC in Santa Barbara. Been on hoilday and made my way to pick them up yesterday, stangely I also have an appiontment to have them installed Wednesday October 3rd.

Nixon will be doing my install, anything I should tell them before they start?

06-Z4MC
Metalic Black
Imola Red
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 AM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymerc View Post
I guess that makes me the owner of the second set, bought them on the September 19th from TC in Santa Barbara. Been on hoilday and made my way to pick them up yesterday, stangely I also have an appiontment to have them installed Wednesday October 3rd.

Nixon will be doing my install, anything I should tell them before they start?

-Did TC recommend the #500/#500 springs, or was that of your choosing?

When BMS installed the camber plates they also put in metal bushings from a 330xi to act as a cushion between the C-shaped part of the camber plate and the shock tower. I don't know the details of the installation, nor do I know if it was totally "necessary" or just making the product "better".
Old 10-02-2007, 11:48 AM

TC suggested 400F/500R, I thought I would try 500 both, I figure with 265 track tires front and back this would be more balance when it comes to driving on the track. Test and learn.

I don't know about a metal bushing but did notice your comment about some modification too these when you first had them installed. When I opened up the box last night I did notice a nice anodized red aluminum cap which matches the shock adjusting rings. It didn't look like it would go anywhere but now that you mentioned it maybe that is what it is for.

Mind me asking where or which model GC rear lower control arm you have on the car, I talked to TC about one and he felt that I would probably not need one but I had one on my last car I had PSS9’s on and I felt it was worth the peace of mind knowing you have the potential adjustments.

06-Z4MC
Metalic Black
Imola Red
Old 10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
TC suggested 400F/500R, I thought I would try 500 both, I figure with 265 track tires front and back this would be more balance when it comes to driving on the track. Test and learn.
-He told me 400F/500R when we ordered mine, but that was for his Carbon Coupe. With the higher body weight of a normal M Coupe we decided to go with 500F/600R. You might be good with your setup, or you might find that you want to firm up your rear end. I also strongly disagree with TC's opinion that the stock sway bars are good enough on the M Coupe. For the last few track events I've attended I've really wanted to reduce the rearend's roll without changing the rebound settings on the shocks, which isn't possible without an adjustable sway bar. We've had one on order from TCK now for weeks and it still hasn't shown up. I tried to find one from a different company, but no luck so far.

How are you able to run 265 front tires?

Quote:
I don't know about a metal bushing but did notice your comment about some modification too these when you first had them installed. When I opened up the box last night I did notice a nice anodized red aluminum cap which matches the shock adjusting rings. It didn't look like it would go anywhere but now that you mentioned it maybe that is what it is for.
-Maybe. To my knowledge my kit didn't have one of those, but I wasn't around for the full installation.

Quote:
Mind me asking where or which model GC rear lower control arm you have on the car, I talked to TC about one and he felt that I would probably not need one but I had one on my last car I had PSS9’s on and I felt it was worth the peace of mind knowing you have the potential adjustments.
-I'm not sure off-hand, as I don't have the part number. I'd call Chris and ask him (714-429-0257), he can also explain to you why we went with GC instead of other options. While you're at it, I highly recommend BMS's new bushing limiter kit. It's similar to TMS's in function, but is supposed to be better in some way. I don't know the details as my car has the TMS limiters because the BMS ones didn't exist at the time.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned

I also got my new TCK Koni struts today. The old ones were painted yellow, and the new ones have a machined aluminum look. Might be a while before I'll be able to get them installed though. TCK shipped them to me pre-assembled. Let me know if anyone wants to see how the front assembly looks.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM

Sorry for any misunderstandings but I never talked to TC about adjustable swaybay links. I would likely look for a set of adjustable front and rear swaybars when they are available. I talked to him about the rear lower control arms which I wanted to get.

I will look into the rear bushing limiters but exactly will be the improvement in handling with these installed? It is too late to make any changes for now because I want the coilovers on for my next track day on October 12th. get things sorted out for another one October 21st.

I decided on the 500/500 springs only because the car is extremely neutral as it is right now and our cars are suppose to have 50/50 weight distribution. If I need to change them later, at least this one of the less expensive parts to buy.

My struts are also aluminum finish but the only thing that was installed on them was the height adjusters.

My track wheels are OZ Ultraleggeras 18 x 9 ET40, Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 265/35/18 on all four corners; on the rears I have 12mm spacers.

06-Z4MC
Metalic Black
Imola Red
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Vivan los Bimmers!

Mein Auto: 06 Z4 M Coupe, 91 318is
Quote:
My track wheels are OZ Ultraleggeras 18 x 9 ET40, Michelin Pilot Sport Cups 265/35/18 on all four corners; on the rears I have 12mm spacers.
Hey, those are the exact same wheels I'm using! Even the same spacer I believe.
But I'm running 245/40/18 Nitto NT-01 (I used RA-1 before).
Cool!

My car eats rear brakes like mad. I'm mostly referring at the track of course. Palantirion have you had this problem? Have you noticed? I've gone through waaaayyy more brake on the rear than in the front.
I'm pretty sure it's a temperature/ventilation problem. The rear gets too hot and not enough ventilation. Of course, I think it doesn't help that I'm running HT-10 in the front and OEM in the rear. However, same problem when I ran OEM all around.

-Jorge
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Z4 Mvangelist

Quote:
Sorry for any misunderstandings but I never talked to TC about adjustable swaybay links. I would likely look for a set of adjustable front and rear swaybars when they are available. I talked to him about the rear lower control arms which I wanted to get.

I will look into the rear bushing limiters but exactly will be the improvement in handling with these installed? It is too late to make any changes for now because I want the coilovers on for my next track day on October 12th. get things sorted out for another one October 21st.

I decided on the 500/500 springs only because the car is extremely neutral as it is right now and our cars are suppose to have 50/50 weight distribution. If I need to change them later, at least this one of the less expensive parts to buy.

My struts are also aluminum finish but the only thing that was installed on them was the height adjusters.

-Limiter bushings will firm up the lower control arm bushing, keeping it from flexing laterally, without the harsh ride or noise of a solid bushing.

With your setup, 500/500 might work well. I'm curious to see how it works for you. The front and rear roll rates are different because the Cg and roll centers are different. I just don't know if 500/500 will work well, but I suspect it will. If you want more roll tuning later you can hopefully get adjustable sway bars.

Have you actually fit the 265 PSCs on your car? I can't imagine they would fit on mine. I've got 18x8.5 RGRs with 15mm spacers (to clear the brakes), maybe that's why I'm running out of room on the outside of the fender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimblas View Post
Hey, those are the exact same wheels I'm using! Even the same spacer I believe.
But I'm running 245/40/18 Nitto NT-01 (I used RA-1 before).
Cool!

My car eats rear brakes like mad. I'm mostly referring at the track of course. Palantirion have you had this problem? Have you noticed? I've gone through waaaayyy more brake on the rear than in the front.
I'm pretty sure it's a temperature/ventilation problem. The rear gets too hot and not enough ventilation. Of course, I think it doesn't help that I'm running HT-10 in the front and OEM in the rear. However, same problem when I ran OEM all around.

-Jorge
-I haven't had any particular brake problems. But I only have five track days on my Hawk pads. I've got HT-10 front and HT-14 rear.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:20 PM

Thanks for the info on the suspension; I am going to get these bushings installed for next year. Do you know if you have to get an alignment after installing the bushings?

I also have the Stoptech BBK’s front and rear; the OZ’s clear them without spacers up front. I have had them at the track about 6 times or so. The first two times I did not have the Stoptech’s yet because it took about 6 weeks to get. I think the Stoptech’s was the best money spent for this car, the stock rotors looked like cheese graters after about the 5th trip to the track, I hated them, BMW should have offered upgrades from the factory but that is my opinion.

The clearance between the stock strut and the back of the tire is about 1/8”. I was told that if it does not rub it never will but I did notice a very small shiny spot on the strut now. Once the coilovers get on I will have to check this more carefully because the Koni’s look beefier then the stock ones.

Rimblas, what color are your OZ's mine are black. I was thinking of geting 275 RA1's before I got the 265 PSC's. I was told that the 275 RA1's would be about the same width sidewall to sidewall as the 265 PSC's, the PSC's have a very wide sqaure sidewall. What size were your RA1's?

06-Z4MC
Metalic Black
Imola Red
Old 10-03-2007, 05:46 AM
Vivan los Bimmers!

Mein Auto: 06 Z4 M Coupe, 91 318is
Quote:
Rimblas, what color are your OZ's mine are black. I was thinking of geting 275 RA1's before I got the 265 PSC's. I was told that the 275 RA1's would be about the same width sidewall to sidewall as the 265 PSC's, the PSC's have a very wide sqaure sidewall. What size were your RA1's?
They are silver. I don't particularly like the look for the street, but it performs really well on the track. Same size as the Nittos I use now, 245/40/18. It's the only size I've used on these wheels. I keep and eye out for a height of 35 when I look for tires, however I haven't considered going all the way to 265/35/18