Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 01-06-2003, 09:11 AM
O.G.

Mein Auto: 2011 MDX, 2001 330xi
Post An open letter to the Bimmerfest community

This letter is not meant to be witty or insulting, and I am afraid I won't even be able to make it eloquent. But I will do the best I can to issue a call to conscience and reason. What follows is a set of observations I have made about mingy knuckle-draggers. We must comment on Bimmerfest's theories. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to put to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity.

This is equivalent to saying that Bimmerfest can't possibly believe that courtesy and manners don't count for anything. It's stupid, but it's not that stupid. I sincerely seek nothing but justice. Period, finis, and Q.E.D. Bimmerfest is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul.

To be honest, as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, Bimmerfest's loyalists don't really care that there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who produce a new generation of uneducated spoiled brats whose opinions and prejudices, far from being enlightened and challenged, are simply legitimized, and there are those who draw a picture of what we conceive of under the word "pharmacodynamic". Bimmerfest fits neatly into the former category, of course. On the issue of chauvinism, Bimmerfest is wrong again. Sure, certain individuals in intelligence and law enforcement agencies may have overlooked some of its more pathetic manuscripts. But people who collaborate with Bimmerfest and expect Bimmerfest to show them the same consideration deserve to be left out in the cold. Excuse me; that's not entirely correct. What I meant to say is that if Fate desired that Bimmerfest make a correct application of what it had read about materialism, it would have to indicate title and page number, since the loquacious organization would otherwise never in all its existence find the correct place. But since Fate does not do this, Bimmerfest maintains that it is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. Perhaps it would be best for it to awaken from its delusional narcoleptic fantasyland and observe that it sometimes uses the word "noninterventionalist" when describing its practices. Beware! This is a buzzword designed for emotional response. You may make the comment, "What does this have to do with malign degenerates?" Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that Bimmerfest says it is within its legal right to bamboozle people into believing that everyone with a different set of beliefs from its is going to get a one-way ticket to Hell. Whether or not it indeed has such a right, Bimmerfest's helots have learned their scripts well, and the rhetoric comes gushing forth with little provocation. While Bimmerfest has a right, as do we all, to believe whatever it wants about hooliganism, there is no place in this country where we are safe from its sycophants, no place where we are not targeted for hatred and attack. But this is something to be filed away for future letters. At present, I wish to focus on only one thing: the fact that no matter what else we do, our first move must be to educate everyone about how to champion the force of goodness against the greed of viperine bullies, we have to work diligently and effectively to place a high value on honor and self-respect. That's the first step: education. Education alone is not enough, of course. We must also tell Bimmerfest how wrong it is.

Almost everyone will wholeheartedly agree that people should just treat each other with decency and respect, but if you were to tell Bimmerfest that the moral devastations that accompany its iconoclastic, homicidal scare tactics suffice to slowly but surely wreck our country, derail our civilization, and threaten the human race with extinction, it'd just pull its security blanket a little tighter around itself and refuse to come out and deal with the real world. Bimmerfest has never satisfactorily proved its assertion that a richly evocative description of a problem automatically implies the correct solution to that problem. It has merely justified that assertion with the phrase, "Because I said so."

To restate the obvious: I want to take up the all-encompassing challenge of freedom, justice, equality, and the pursuit of life with full dignity. I want to do this not because I need to tack another line onto my résumé, but because Bimmerfest wants to violate values so important to our sense of community. What's wrong with that? What's wrong is Bimmerfest's gossamer grasp of reality. If you're interested in the finagling, double-dealing, chicanery, cheating, cajolery, cunning, rascality, and abject villainy by which Bimmerfest may deliver an additional blow to dignity and self-worth by the end of the decade, then you'll want to consider the following very carefully. You'll especially want to consider that Bimmerfest believes that the most valuable skill one can have is to be able to lie convincingly. The real damage that this belief causes actually has nothing to do with the belief itself, but with psychology, human nature, and the skillful psychological manipulation of that nature by Bimmerfest and its superficial cult followers. When I'm through with Bimmerfest, it'll think twice before attempting to force me to undergo "treatment" to cure my "problem". Next time, Bimmerfest, you may want to check your facts correctly. Bimmerfest exhibits an air of superiority. You realize, of course, that that's really just a defense mechanism to cover up its obvious inferiority. Even though Bimmerfest has aired its disapproval of being criticized, I still insist that if we don't exercise all of our basic rights to the maximum right now, then Bimmerfest's inclinations will soon start to metastasize until they use organized violence to suppress opposition. That's all I'm going to say in this letter, because if I were to write everything I want to write, I'd be here all night.
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2003, 09:16 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
I was afk for a few days, whad I miss?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 AM

Mein Auto: .
so what word is Bimmerfest substituted for here

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:19 AM
O.G.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ripsnort
I was afk for a few days, whad I miss?
I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But Ripsnort has a strategy. His strategy is to supply the chains that bind the individual to notions of self-loathing and unworthiness. Wherever you encounter that strategy, you are dealing with Ripsnort. He has never gotten ahead because of his hard work or innovative ideas. Rather, all of his successes are due to kickbacks, bribes, black market double-dealing, outright thuggery, and unsavory political intrigue.

Look, the gloss that Ripsnort's apple-polishers put on Ripsnort's deeds unfortunately does little to reinforce what is best in people. Other than that, Ripsnort argues that nativism is the key to world peace. To maintain this thesis, Ripsnort naturally has had to shovel away a mountain of evidence, which he does by the desperate expedient of claiming that his warnings are not worth getting outraged about. I've tried explaining to his myrmidons that his rantings have served as a powerful weapon with which the worst sorts of irresponsible apostates there are can fund a vast web of vindictive cult leaders, obstreperous, lawless snobs, and pea-brained bloodsuckers, but it is clear to me in talking to them that they have no comprehension of what I'm saying. I might as well be talking to creatures from Mars. It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, Ripsnort has signified his approval of warped buffoons who cause (or at least contribute to) a variety of social ills. I am aware that many people may object to the severity of my language. But is there no cause for severity? Naturally, I feel that there is, because his propositions have merged with jingoism in several interesting ways. Both spring from the same kind of reality-denying mentality. Both make people suspicious of those who speak the truth. And both do exactly the things he accuses drugged-out mountebanks of doing.

Ripsnort's cajoleries represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. Ripsnort doesn't want us to know about his plans to exhibit a deep disdain for all people who are not despicable megalomaniacs. Otherwise, we might do something about that. When he tells us that it is not only acceptable, but indeed desirable, to open new avenues for the expression of hate, he somehow fails to mention that without checks and balances, out-of-touch, socially inept riffraff are free to advocate fatalistic acceptance of a snooty new world order. He fails to mention that he doesn't realize just how tenuous his grasp of reality actually is. And he fails to mention that we can divide his criticisms into three categories: fatuitous, footling, and disgusting.

Ripsnort may find it inconceivable that for his own sake, he should not ridicule the accomplishments of generations of great men and women, but he'll come to his senses before long. Let me quote to you from the words of my attorney: "Questions of Ripsnort's motivation and intent are compelling." While his scribblings may seem sniffish, they're in agreement with his nettlesome perversions. Now that I've had time to think hard about his viewpoints, my only question is this: Why? Why create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind? That is, why do we put up with him? Well, I'm sure Ripsnort would rather ruin people's lives than answer that particular question. What I had wanted for this letter was to write an analysis of Ripsnort's reports. Not an exhortation or a shrill denunciation, but an analysis. I hope I have succeeded at that.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:20 AM

bot bot bot bot bot

that was some quik typing there, Spiderm0n

To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:22 AM
O.G.

Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb
bot bot bot bot bot

that was some quik typing there, Spiderm0n

At times, we all have an axe to grind. Currently, I'm grinding my axe in regards to Atyclb's taradiddles. In the first place, Atyclb appears to have found a new tool to use to help him do everything possible to keep deceitful troublemakers squalid and intrusive. That tool is neocolonialism, and if you watch him wield it, you'll indisputably see why there are those who are informed and educated about the evils of anarchism, and there are those who are not. Atyclb is one of the uninformed, naturally, and that's why his insinuations will have consequences -- very serious consequences. And we ought to begin doing something about that. Have you ever had a bad dream about Atyclb trying to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility? Well, I have news for you. That wasn't a dream; it was real.

It is disgraceful that, with a wink and a smile, he has signified his approval of petulant, satanic enemies of the people who generate an epidemic of corruption and social unrest. What he is doing is not an innocent, recreational sort of thing. It is a criminal activity, it is an immoral activity, it is a socially destructive activity, and it is a profoundly neo-indelicate activity. In the end, the most telling thing is that throughout history, there has been a clash between those who wish to stop this insanity and those who wish to undermine the intellectual purpose of higher education. Naturally, Atyclb belongs to the latter category. Atyclb's fairy tales have proven to be a complete disaster in both theory and practice. And that's the honest truth.
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jim
Mein Auto: F80 M3
Quote:
so what word is Bimmerfest substituted for here

-jim
Brave corporate logo

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Fine! Make me pull out the dictionary/thesaurus!
Old 01-06-2003, 09:25 AM
OMGWTFBBQ

Mein Auto:
I got you figured out now, Spiderm0n.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to jim
Mein Auto: F80 M3
Al Sharpton?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
•••••••

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Looks like someone found a protest letter generator.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
O.G.

Quote:
Originally posted by jim

-jim
I was so pleased by the response to my last post that I decided to write another one. Don't worry; I have plenty of new stuff to say about Jim and his compeers. With this post, I hope to put to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity. But first, I would like to make the following introductory remark: What Jim is doing is not an innocent, recreational sort of thing. It is a criminal activity, it is an immoral activity, it is a socially destructive activity, and it is a profoundly temperamental activity. It seems ironic that those who believe that the sky is falling are either naive or deliberately misled, given that if he succeeds in his attempt to hijack the word "photochronographical" and use it to justify, palliate, or excuse the evils of his heart, it'll have to be over my dead body.

Jim is willing to promote truth and justice when it's convenient. But when it threatens his creature comforts, Jim throws principle to the wind. I do not wish to endorse terrorism, but rather to illustrate that I, hardheaded cynic that I am, want my life to count. I want to be part of something significant and lasting. I want to chastise Jim for not doing any research before spouting off. It takes more than a mass of feral schizophrenics to drive off and disperse the catty freeloaders who transmogrify society's petty gripes and irrational fears into "issues" to be catered to. It takes a great many thoughtful and semi-thoughtful people who are willing to question authority. There are two reasons which induce me to submit Jim's warnings to a special examination: 1) I'm oversimplifying things a little here, and 2) a number of serious questions need to be asked -- and answered -- before we give Jim carte blanche to overthrow the government and eliminate the money system. I must admit that the second point, in particular, sometimes fills me with anxious concern.

He maintains control over his satraps using intense peer pressure, manipulation of their guilt feelings, attacks on their sexuality, and fear. This means, in particular, that some people say that that isn't sufficient evidence to prove that he is secretly scheming to take control of a nation and suck it dry. And I must agree; one needs much more evidence than that. But the evidence is there, for anyone who isn't afraid to look at it. Just look at the way that he labels anyone he doesn't like as "cranky". That might well be a better description of Jim. The problem with him is not that he's smarmy. It's that he wants to foment putrid forms of political tyranny. Having said that, let me add that Jim seeks scapegoats for his own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target he can find, that is, heartless present-day robber barons. On a more personal note, if he had done his homework, he'd know that he wants nothing less than to trick our children into adopting unconventional, disapproved-of opinions and ways of life, hence his repeated, almost hypnotic, insistence on the importance of his wishy-washy, judgmental commentaries. Okay, I've written enough for one post, so let me just finish by saying that Jim's e46fanatics postings are a hotbed of misoneism.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:29 AM
Brave corporate logo

Quote:
Originally posted by Plaz
"I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity. I wish I could be Mike who gets an endorsement deal. But you can't make a lie and a truth go together. This country wasn't built on moral fiber. This country (The USA) was built on rape, slavery, murder, degradation and affiliation with crime."
Old 01-06-2003, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle
"I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity. I wish I could be Mike who gets an endorsement deal. But you can't make a lie and a truth go together. This country wasn't built on moral fiber. This country (The USA) was built on rape, slavery, murder, degradation and affiliation with crime."
Don't make me knock you into Bolivian

Old 01-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Brave corporate logo

Quote:
Don't make me knock you into Bolivian
That would be ludicrous.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:34 AM
O.G.

Quote:
Originally posted by Plaz
couldn't help myself...

http://hugin.sigusr1.org/~pakin/complaint

Old 01-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Hey is this the 'Post anything you like here' thread ?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Brave corporate logo

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Baumann
Hey is this the 'Post anything you like here' thread ?
No, this is the complaint department. We're also having "Being hit on the head" lessons next door.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:41 AM
I like cookies.

Mein Auto: 328Ci
Cliff's Notes????
Old 01-06-2003, 01:07 PM
Lap Dog

Mein Auto: '08 Z4 M Coupe, '01 325i
Some of the people around here are in desperate need of getting laid

'01 325i: Orient Blue/black, SP, M stress bar, UUC sways, TMS camber plates, TMS rear sub reinf kit, CAI, Shark, Borla, Dunlop Direzza 245/40/17 on 17x8 O.Z. Superleggeras

HPDE instructor, Boston Chapter Autocross Co-chair, Boston Bimmer columnist www.boston-bmwcca.org/bimmer/online.aspx

My performance driving site: www.OneHotLap.com
Old 01-06-2003, 01:11 PM

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally posted by brave1heart
Some of the people around here are in desperate need of getting laid
Word
Old 01-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Missing

Mein Auto: 2003 330i SP 6sp
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle
No, this is the complaint department. We're also having "Being hit on the head" lessons next door.
YOU want to complain???? Look at these shoes, I've only had them six weeks and the soles are worn right through.

I'm SteveM and I approve this post.