Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010)

Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: porsche 911 c4s
Test Drive

I test drove the M6 conv today and these were my impressions.....First i have a 650cic 6 speed and think the car is awesome. Was thinking of trading it in for am M6 but i was a little dissapointed by the car. Its speed without the m button pushed to me is almost the same as the 650...with the m button pushed, it definitely was faster than my car but I cant rationalize the $30,000 difference in price...I guess I'll just keep the 650cic....
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by topfinadv View Post
I test drove the M6 conv today and these were my impressions.....First i have a 650cic 6 speed and think the car is awesome. Was thinking of trading it in for am M6 but i was a little dissapointed by the car. Its speed without the m button pushed to me is almost the same as the 650...with the m button pushed, it definitely was faster than my car but I cant rationalize the $30,000 difference in price...I guess I'll just keep the 650cic....
I have less than 800 miles on my M6, so I haven't had the beast unleasht yet. After I do I want to see if the M6 is worth the price difference. But here was my rationale.

I'm getting on in years. The automobile market is changing, too. This may be my last chance to get a supercar -- at a pretty affordbale price -- which has all the refinements I am used to. So, I am going to get an M6. Also, BMW made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

The price difference is in the $20K range, not $30K. In addition to the engine and the transmission (a minus for many people), the brakes are a lot better and the suspension is superb. But you are right. Without the "M" button pushed, the 400 HP in the M6 is pretty much the same as the 360 HP of the slightly lighter 650i. But I haven't been above 5500 RPM yet, and the redline on the M6 is 8250!

At any rate, I'm very pleased with the M6 at this point. Everything has worked perfectly from the first day (although the radio pre-sets removed themselves once), which is a lot more than I can say about my troubled (and first off the line) 650i.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:10 AM

im curious...did u ever consider a porsche c4s...its hp to weight ratio still makes it a little faster 0-60 than the m6...4.3 vs 4.6....
Old 03-10-2007, 06:12 AM

Mein Auto:
I do not like Porsches. I want front engine, rear drive, as the good Lord intended. I want room in the cabin, which the Porsche doesn't have. I want a good size torquey engine. Ditto. I want a real back seat (well, real enough for a now 10 year old kid). And I want enough car around me to give me some chance at survivability against all the sport utes and bigger sharing the roads with me.

Some people like Porsches. My now 40-year old law partner had one for three years. Then he got married and then he got a 745i. Now he has a 2007 750i and is desperately looking for someone to buy his Porsche.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 11 X5 35i
Porsche's really aren't practical cars.. they are designed more for the single driver who never has to haul anyone around, and won't be making long trips.

While they drive nice, the interior appointments usually aren't the best either. Porsche's attempts at doing high tech luxury interiors just come off as .. awkward...
Old 03-10-2007, 08:39 AM

This will be my second car...i have a gl 450 for hauling people around so practicality on this car doesnt come into play...But I do agree that Porsche's attempts at putting luxury appointments in the car just doesnt do it.....Thinking about getting the silverstone interior on the M6 maybe with Monaco blue or black metallic
Old 03-10-2007, 08:49 AM
///M for Motor Sports!

Mein Auto: No More 6 Series
Test Drive

One must appreciate what M is and what it stands for.

2008 Alpine White, Portland Brown ///M5 (SMG)
2008 Alpine White, Fox Red ///M3 (6MT)
2008 Sapphire Black, Black 750Li
Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbelton View Post
One must appreciate what M is and what it stands for.
///M
Old 03-10-2007, 07:09 PM

I would love to see pictures of your interlagos convert if u can ever get to post them...thanks
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
I would love to see pictures of your interlagos convert if u can ever get to post them...thanks
Posted here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29
Old 03-11-2007, 05:28 AM

A Real BEAUTY!!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
A Real BEAUTY!!!!
Yes, thanks. And still unmodded. BMW does a nice job. Funny thing is, a lot of guys think they can improve on it. I think the result usually proves them wrong.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:05 PM

yes it is funny how people think they can always change their cars for the better....leave well enough alone....the original is most of the time is always better.....
Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Go drive one with the "M" button pushed. You will change your mind! I love mine!
Old 03-15-2007, 04:40 AM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
yes it is funny how people think they can always change their cars for the better....leave well enough alone....the original is most of the time is always better.....
What about aftermarket rims? Maybe a nice 1.5" Drop?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Parrothead/Car Nut

Mein Auto: CTT, M6, Smart 450 Conv.
IMHO, there are no prettier wheels available for the M6 than what comes on the car. I used to go for the aftermarket wheels, but in retrospect it was too much of a hassle for a variety of reasons.

The only aftermarket wheels I'll be buying anytime soon will be a set of BMW type 167's (factory fit on the M6) offset for my M5.

But, hey, everyones got their own thing!