Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Question Questions on 2003 Color options/European Delivery

Hopefully someone here on the forum can answer or possibly direct me to answers to my questions.

I'm currently a contractor working in Qatar (Middle East). Since a 330ci was one of the vehicles I may be interested in buying, I recently stopped by a BMW dealer here in the city of Doha and looked at some 2003 models. What I noticed was a different set of exterior paint colors, upholstery colors and trim colors. I was really impressed with a paint color of light yellow metallic, with light yellow nappa leather and birch wood trim. So rich looking. Obviously the color options are different for "European" spec models, the kind they import here. I verified the colors by surfing the BMW Germany web site.

Here are my questions:

1) If I decided on either ordering a 2003 U.S. model back in the states directly from the dealer or via European delivery, am I able to request/order these special "European only" colors?

2) If I went the other route of purchasing the vehicle here in Qatar or flying directly to Germany and doing the same thing, can a European model vehicle be optioned with U.S. emission/specs so it will pass inspection? If so does anyone have experience or knowledge of the cost of this option or the costs of doing that once it is back in the states?

I welcome any input, especially from dealers. I won't be buying a vehicle till late summer, but any help I can get now can possibly lead to a 100% cash sale for any of you sales representatives out there. ;-)

Thanks!
Mark
Ads by Google
Old 01-10-2003, 05:56 AM
Why can't we get Diesels?

Mein Auto: V70R, JGC, MCS
In response to your questions:

1) No. You can't order anything that is not normally available for US models. You may be able to get it by doing a special order and paying for special paint as long as that color is available on other parts of the world. Here is a link to that discussion:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=2

2) It will be a royal pain to get that car to be emissions legal and pass all the US certifications. You are better off by ordering the paint as a special order. I personally would do neither.

Reminder: European delivery is in no way different from buying a car in the US whether you think it's a good or bad thing. The ONLY difference is that you pick the car up in Europe.