Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-27-2010, 08:35 AM

Mein Auto: e36 320i coupe
Max Whee/tyre sizel

Just a general q nhere. Whats the max size wheel and tyre you can put on a E36 320i coupe , Not thinking of changing my 15" but curiosity.
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM
nothing.

Mein Auto: who knows?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:02 AM
nothing.

Mein Auto: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer64 View Post
Just a general q nhere. Whats the max size wheel and tyre you can put on a E36 320i coupe , Not thinking of changing my 15" but curiosity.

i think

i posted the numbers in no logical coherent matter because that's the way your question was asked

Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 AM

Well thanks for the sizes. But whats incoherent about my question? apart from a 'n' that got slipped in by mistake.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:33 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Well thanks for the sizes. But whats incoherent about my question? apart from a 'n' that got slipped in by mistake.
Franklyn was merely stating that for an Englishman, your english is atrocious.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Make your own Luck

Mein Auto: Lexus
Any size wheel can fit, after certain modifications to fender or suspension. But ideal wheel size for an e36 would be 18" or 17". Those are the more popular sizes now a days. I have 18x8 all around, wrapped in 215/40/18 I believe. So If you want to get new wheels I'd say 17 or 18 wheels would work without any problems.

1998 328i -SOLD- 06/06/2011

Handful of things I don't need Check it out:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=551778
Old 02-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Atrocious?
I QUOTE JONESIN Franklyn was merely stating that for an Englishman, your english is atrocious
In which way?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:50 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Your post is titled:
Max Whee/tyre sizel.

It should be Max Wheel/tyre size

Quote:
Just a general question here; what's the maximum wheel and tyre you can put on a E36 320i coupe? Not thinking of changing my 15" wheels but asking to (satisfy, assuage) my curiosity.

Quote:
Well thank you for the sizes. But what's incoherent with my question? apart (yes the apart was deliberately left uncapitalized as you may use punctuation to emphasize a word without ending either a sentence or a complete thought) from an 'n' that got slipped in mistakenly.

Please note that I'm just having fun here, though there are some on this forum (as everywhere) that take this to heart. I couldn't resist with you being from Britain and all.

I do feel that the more effort a poster puts into their posts/questions, the more helpful the responses will be. ie. if you put in an honest effort, it's more likely we will take your issue to heart and not go to town picking apart the lazyness.

Last edited by jonesin; 02-27-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Sexy Sax Man / Kebab Lord

Mein Auto: 1995 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Your post is titled:
Max Whee/tyre sizel.

It should be Max Wheel/tyre size

Just a general question here; what's the maximum wheel and tyre you can put on a E36 320i coupe? Not thinking of changing my 15" wheels but asking to (satisfy, assuage) my curiosity.

Well thank you for the sizes. But what's incoherent with my question? apart (yes the apart was deliberately left uncapitalized as you may use punctuation to emphasize a word without ending either a sentence or a complete thought) from an 'n' that got slipped in mistakenly.
aaanddd...he's pwnd...

Instagram | @randytheus
Old 02-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Make your own Luck

Mein Auto: Lexus
^^^^^^^This is why we never get rarely get new members on here. because of this..

1998 328i -SOLD- 06/06/2011

Handful of things I don't need Check it out:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=551778
Old 02-27-2010, 01:40 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .fortheNGUYEN View Post
^^^^^^^This is why we never get rarely get new members on here. because of this..
Two points Tom:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
Please note that I'm just having fun here, though there are some on this forum (as everywhere) that take this to heart. I couldn't resist with you being from Britain and all.

I do feel that the more effort a poster puts into their posts/questions, the more helpful the responses will be. ie. if you put in an honest effort, it's more likely we will take your issue to heart and not go to town picking apart the lazyness.
1. I did tell him it was meant in fun.

Quote:
Atrocious?
I QUOTE JONESIN Franklyn was merely stating that for an Englishman, your english is atrocious
In which way?
2. He did ask what I had meant.

Last edited by jonesin; 02-27-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Turn Burglar

Mein Auto: Red Assless Chaps
Do we really need new members who post threads asking the max wheel/tire size for an E36?

I'm thinking no.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Re:- Some replies to my simple question, by a few puerile individuals.
I cannot believe the attitude of some of you lot. What is wrong with me asking the question about wheel and tyre sizes?. Can every member of this forum tell me the maximum sizes without looking it up?
Oh forgive me please do. If I have to have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the E36 before I can ask a question, what is the point of this forum? do certain individuals want it to be an elitist little club?
Let me ask you something, when you had your first B.M.W. Did you know everything about them? were you an expert overnight? it seems I have to be one. Which surely defeats the reason of this forum. Maybe it's time certain individuals grew up and stopped acting like a group of little girls who dont want someone asking about their dolls.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:34 PM
hookersandblow

Send a message via AIM to Moeman10
Mein Auto: 1992 325is
Just about all of us could tell you the max size without thinking about it

19's can work, but they rarely look good, and you'll need to run skinny as hell tires.

I'll be nice to you here. If you had simply searched the forums for "wheel/tire sizes" You'd have found plenty of information to answer your question. Also, read the sticky "How to ask an intelligent question, or dealing with the oldschool guys." If you truly were curious as your original post states, you should have done some research of your own before posting this thread. Because you're new, you have a LITTLE bit of leeway, but at the same time, if you had read the stickies (They're there for a reason) we wouldn't be having this argument.

To make another point, this is the internet, if you're going to get butthurt by everything that someone says through keyboard and a computer screen, then that just makes our point for us, and that your attitude isn't good. Everyone on here can live with a few spelling errors, but in your original thread and thread title, you've got more than half a dozen mistakes. That's just jumbled all around, and it doesn't really make any sense. If you're not going to put in the effort to write a correctly formatted sentence, why should we take the effort to decipher what you're trying to say.

In the "How to ask an intelligent question, or dealing with the oldschool guys." thread, it details how many of us feel about time sinks, in otherwords, people who don't put forth a good try to get good help, and how we don't want to waste our time talking about something that is painfully obvious, or something that perhaps shouldn't have even been brought up, like this whole entire thread. It's something that forces people to be comprehensive. Besides, if you can't properly write a sentence, how the hell would you figure out what's wrong with your car, or let alone be trusted with a set of tools to fix it yourself. There's many extremely helpful members here, who would be glad to help you out if you produced a well thought out question. We like thought provoking questions, and it's satisfying to us when we can figure it out, and help someone fix a problem.

Lastly, welcome to the fest, I hope that we can start this over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petriej View Post
You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto:
Someone needs a hug