BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2008 E60 BMW price announcement

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  miked112 
#1 ·
Hi all - just found this on the E60.net forum courtesy of member BMW1986. It is the base price announcement for 2008 E60's

Attachments

#6 ·
With the new Sports Package you are getting 19" wheels and the Aero Kit...if memory serves, the Aero Kit used to be an option that was installed by either the VPC or the dealer, for a cost of $1,600 for the kit and nearly the same for the install...that alone is $3,200....the wheels?? if you added these special, figure another $3K...

SO, that $1,800 may not be such a bad deal after all if it is saving you thousands for previously seperate (and expensive) options??:D

Cheers,

#8 ·
Well, I'm not totally sure about that. One could arguably say that the 3 series has more upward mobility in terms of price relative to the 5 series.

Even with the $2500-$3000 price increase, the 3 series is still in reach for a lot of people.

As it stood, the 5 series was out of reach for most people. (Except the 525 that a lot of people wouldn't consider anyway...).

Therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that these prices are accurate.

#9 ·
European Delivery, Big Savings on '08 550 Models

Amazing, '08 550 US MSRP is almost $9000 over the European Delivery Invoice Pricing.

#16 · (Edited)
Hmm, no mention of the gas guzzler tax on the 550i with a manual transmission. I thought that the automatic transmission choice dropped the MSRP by $1300. Is that incorrect?

Assuming you're on the fence between a 535i or a 550i equipped with a sport package, cold weather package and an automatic (and get the premium package on the 535 i, which is standard on the 550i), the MSRP is $55675 for the 535i and $63855 for the 550i. An $8875 difference. Deduct appx. 7***37; for invoice.

Lou

#17 ·
On the '07 550's the gas guzzler was an addition not a subtraction. The MSRP was with the auto and you had to add the $1300 gas guzzler for the manual. I assume the '08 would be the same and you would have to add it.

Why don't people think this is correct? It sure looks right on to me. The 535 moved about the right amount. Everyone heard it would be $2-4k so that's about right. The 550 didn't move from the base because the engine is the same - the sport moved up because of the wheel size increase and the aero kit. The 550 is already steep enough - Sport, Nav, cold weather and destination is already $66345. You're at $70k with Log7, HUD and Sat without adding anything fancy like vent seats, active steering or active cruise control.

Munich5, when all was said and done my '07 ED was about $11k under US MSRP. It makes a huge difference.

#18 ·
Let's just hope the lease rates and residuals are semi-attractive!

#20 ·
Did the Dealer Invoice price change for ED? I dont see the invoice prices posted. Anyone have them. I am assuming nothing changed on the 550i price since it remained the same on the msrp.

#21 ·
Aw man...550 didn't really go up at all, well, it didn't but sport is now more. You get a hell of a lot more with the sport in MY08 though. Kinda makes me have a bit of buyers remorse that I'm getting an 07 550i. I pick it up this Friday over in Munich. I'm sure any sort of remorse will quickly be gone with a trip down the auto bahn!

#27 ·
2008 5 series has Manual transmission (STD) but you can also have Auto-Steptronic transmission 6 speed as a no cost option ie., free.
But the sport Auto transmission cost as it has little different gear stick/shifter with shift paddles behind the steering wheel
It is clear in press releases and Bulletins published

#29 ·
BMW knows that anyone getting a manual in a 5-series is not doing so to save the $1400; they are doing it because they prefer a manual. So no reason from their perspective to effectively give manual buyers a discount. I agree, it will be interesting to see the response...I doubt the number of manual buyers will drop significantly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.