Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:38 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
carseats in 650 conv.

Any reviews on carseats fitting in the back seat of the 650 conv. Good or bad.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
BHR4CE1's Avatar
BHR4CE1 BHR4CE1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,773
Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
Any reviews on carseats fitting in the back seat of the 650 conv. Good or bad.

Skylar's Dad has a nice Recaro model that he seems to like a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
skylar's dad?

what the hell does that mean? If you have an answer that could help me i would appreciate your post; if you're gonna be a smart***, please don't respond.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,970
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
what the hell does that mean? If you have an answer that could help me i would appreciate your post; if you're gonna be a smart***, please don't respond.


Skylar's Dad is a 6er owner who posts here a lot. He has a small child (Skylar) who sits in the car seat. So, Bear was telling you that there was a review, of a Recaro car seat, from Skylar's Dad, and that it was good.

I don't think anybody was screwing with you, but after 2 posts you have not acquitted youself well. We were trying to help you.

Shall we start all over again, friend?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM
destro23 destro23 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dirty Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 460
Mein Auto: 645 to 530 to 2011 528
Skylars Dad is a member on this board... has kids and may know about a car seats... bear was just bumping it up so SkyarsDad can see it... Relax dude.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
my apolgies

I apologize; I find that when you are new to a forum, you get screwed with.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
destro23 destro23 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Dirty Jersey
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 460
Mein Auto: 645 to 530 to 2011 528
Maybee on the 3 series board... lol
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,970
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
I apologize; I find that when you are new to a forum, you get screwed with.
Not us. We're nice. A bunch of old geezers. (A lot of us have young kids. I'm older than everyone here -- almost-- and have a 10 year old who insists on sitting in front.)

Welcome to the board. Are you looking for a 6er to buy? You appear to have a 7er.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
yes...my wife has been wanting a 650 conv. for quite some time, and i think I'm about to finally break down and get it for her. We have a 2.5 year old and due with our second child in a week or so. The salesman @ the local dealership says that it is common for people to put the older child in the front seat (w/ the airbag turned off, of course) and place the infant in the rear. Make sense to anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-06-2007, 07:56 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
oh yes, Malibu, to answer your question, I have an 06' 750 li
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
Bear I apologize for jumping all over you. Been the new guy kicked around forums before. The Recaro seats, is the one specific model that fits well into the 650, or does that brand do well in general?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
THe back seat is a litte weird; the way it comes up on such a steep angle.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:07 PM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
oh,by the way, my dealership had the new 335i conv. on the showroom floor today. BMW gave it to them for eye candy for a couple days I guess. VERY nice car. The coolest part of the car is the way the top goes on; like something from Star Wars.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Malibubimmer Malibubimmer is offline
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,970
Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
yes...my wife has been wanting a 650 conv. for quite some time, and i think I'm about to finally break down and get it for her. We have a 2.5 year old and due with our second child in a week or so. The salesman @ the local dealership says that it is common for people to put the older child in the front seat (w/ the airbag turned off, of course) and place the infant in the rear. Make sense to anyone?
I had a 2006 650i and you couldn't turn off the front seat air bag. I can't do it on the 2007 M6, either. )Both convertibles.) Maybe you can for the 2007 650i, but I'd ask the salesman to double check on that. I think it's But do not despair.

Until my daughter announced that now that she weighs 80 lbs. (almost 4' 10", a bean pole), she can sit in front, she used to sit in the back. I often took 2 kids in the 650i. I moved my seat up just a touch. (5' 11".) A little tight but doable. So you could put both of yours in the back. And, Recaro does make a good seat.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Skylar's Dad Skylar's Dad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 597
Mein Auto:
Cracking me UP!

skylar's dad?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the hell does that mean? If you have an answer that could help me i would appreciate your post; if you're gonna be a smart***, please don't respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post


Skylar's Dad is a 6er owner who posts here a lot. He has a small child (Skylar) who sits in the car seat. So, Bear was telling you that there was a review, of a Recaro car seat, from Skylar's Dad, and that it was good.

I don't think anybody was screwing with you, but after 2 posts you have not acquitted youself well. We were trying to help you.

Shall we start all over again, friend?
We are a TOUGH bunch aren't we!

I use the Recaro Sport Seat, it comes in many colors and is good up to 80lbs I believe. My daughter is only 2 1/2 and is 28 lbs and it works great and looks fantastic. Highly reccomend the- about $249...you can find them on the net....

oops here is the link....

http://www.barebabies.com/recarocars...FU9FGAodB0Oy3Q

Christ- we are NOT living up to our reputation!!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM
BHR4CE1's Avatar
BHR4CE1 BHR4CE1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,773
Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
Bear I apologize for jumping all over you. Been the new guy kicked around forums before. The Recaro seats, is the one specific model that fits well into the 650, or does that brand do well in general?
Accepted, but donít let me catch you out here in SOCAL on the 405 in your tiny 750ÖI eat them for LUNCH, and I have the waistline to prove it!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-07-2007, 05:28 AM
sjhutch76 sjhutch76 is offline
Registered User
Location: MN
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 18
Mein Auto: 2012 B7
thanks for all your help fellas, again I apologize for the rudeness
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:38 AM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,617
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
I'm sure the new guy is going to jump all over me for saying this, but isn't a 6 convertible a very impractical purchase for a woman who has two kids? Wouldn't a 5 Series or perhaps a X5 be more practical?
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 AM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,617
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjhutch76 View Post
yes...my wife has been wanting a 650 conv. for quite some time, and i think I'm about to finally break down and get it for her. We have a 2.5 year old and due with our second child in a week or so. The salesman @ the local dealership says that it is common for people to put the older child in the front seat (w/ the airbag turned off, of course) and place the infant in the rear. Make sense to anyone?
Okay, I just have to say it... "My wife wants...." What your wife wants and what your KIDS need are two very different things. It takes a dedicated parent to know the difference. I'm sure my mom wanted a Jaguar Convertible when we were young, but she didn't get hers until we were 16 and there was no need to drive us around anymore.... It pisses me off when parents put their own very selfish needs ahead of their own instead of focusing on what would be best for the family. Is a 6 series a good car for family vacations? How about if your kids want their friends to go to the park with them? Where are they going to sit?
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-07-2007, 06:59 AM
HGilmore's Avatar
HGilmore HGilmore is offline
AMV Roady
Location: CR/Cali
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,462
Mein Auto: F01
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
I'm sure the new guy is going to jump all over me for saying this, but isn't a 6 convertible a very impractical purchase for a woman who has two kids? Wouldn't a 5 Series or perhaps a X5 be more practical?
Dude, you just dont get it and you never will. Not everybody wants to live a boring and practical life, driving around like soccer mom's/stepford wives, in SUV's and sedans.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 AM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,617
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGilmore View Post
Dude, you just dont get it and you never will. Not everybody wants to live a boring and practical life, driving around like soccer mom's/stepford wives, in SUV's and sedans.
As the former owner of a Range Rover myself (not Range Rover Sport), I found that car was a BLAST to drive. So is the 5 series. So is the X5. Two kids in a 6 series is ridiculous!

I was never implying she had to be a Stepford Wife.
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 AM
HGilmore's Avatar
HGilmore HGilmore is offline
AMV Roady
Location: CR/Cali
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,462
Mein Auto: F01
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
Okay, I just have to say it... "My wife wants...." What your wife wants and what your KIDS need are two very different things. It takes a dedicated parent to know the difference. I'm sure my mom wanted a Jaguar Convertible when we were young, but she didn't get hers until we were 16 and there was no need to drive us around anymore.... It pisses me off when parents put their own very selfish needs ahead of their own instead of focusing on what would be best for the family. Is a 6 series a good car for family vacations? How about if your kids want their friends to go to the park with them? Where are they going to sit?
Your head must be the size of a 300lb pumkin. You're posting on the wrong site again. Dr Dobson is your man here.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:12 AM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,617
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGilmore View Post
Your head must be the size of a 300lb pumkin. You're posting on the wrong site again. Dr Dobson is your man here.

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/
He doesn't like "my kind." You know, us gay folk. I am NOT a parent. I do have big dogs that I bought a separate car for. Now how's that for dedication. We bought a used Grand Cherokee for dog park and hiking days so they are comfortable. Yep, putting the needs of our "children" before our own. I was raised by two of the most UNSELFISH parents I've ever known. You're head is the one that is a 300 lb pumpkin if you think that your needs come before your kids I just don't get it... why have kids if you're not going to change your lifestyle? Your whole life changes when you have kids, it's no longer about you, it's about them!
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 AM
tommydogsdad's Avatar
tommydogsdad tommydogsdad is offline
Bored
Location: Sunny California
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,617
Mein Auto: BMW E93 335i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGilmore View Post
Dude, you just dont get it and you never will. Not everybody wants to live a boring and practical life, driving around like soccer mom's/stepford wives, in SUV's and sedans.
So their ego is bigger than the love for their kids? Someone call Child Protective Services!... Instead of getting a 6, you might want to save your money for all the therapy your kids will need once they grow up and realize mommy and daddy loved their car more than they loved me.
__________________
Photobucket
~2008 E93 335i| Step | Paddles | Premium | Sport | Cold | IDrive | Logic 7 | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | 40% Tint| Sirius


Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Skylar's Dad Skylar's Dad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 597
Mein Auto:
So lets get this straight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydogsdad View Post
He doesn't like "my kind." You know, us gay folk. I am NOT a parent. I do have big dogs that I bought a separate car for. Now how's that for dedication. We bought a used Grand Cherokee for dog park and hiking days so they are comfortable. Yep, putting the needs of our "children" before our own. I was raised by two of the most UNSELFISH parents I've ever known. You're head is the one that is a 300 lb pumpkin if you think that your needs come before your kids I just don't get it... why have kids if you're not going to change your lifestyle? Your whole life changes when you have kids, it's no longer about you, it's about them!
So lets get this straight ...(so to speak)

You are GAY , and you are preaching to us about LIFESTYLE and how it's all about the KIDS --obviously you are an EXPERT!

OBTW-Trust me it IS all about the kids and any bit of SANCTUARY that you can provide yourself (read SIXER) is good for ones sanity...

It is called BALANCE, they have a Sevener as well, as I have an X5 as well, plenty of room for the KIDDIES...

Do us all a favor, there are plenty of forums that you could participate on, I am sure you have a list, but preaching to successful HETERO couples is probably not your best use of time...

Last edited by Skylar's Dad; 03-07-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms