Which 3 series to buy - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 06-21-2017, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 97 328i
Which 3 series to buy

Hi all, new to form. Currently own a 97 328i. Love the car, but looking for more power and nicer car ( my My 97 is kinda a pos.. bought it for 500$ with a blown clutch with the idea of turning it into a drifter, but then fell in love with it, so have been slowly making it not a POS.. lol. But anyway.. My options are to put more $$ into this one, or buy something else.
Currently looking at the following, and wondering which one you would go for..

Car 1) 1997 M3 4DR 157,000 2300$ Car is well used. Will need some work, but seems mostly rust free Not sure about interior.

Car 2) 1998 M3 4DR 191,000 $4900 Car is calif car. Clear coat was peeling, so they Dipped it. Not sure how much better it is then car 1 other then Rust should be minimal. will also need repainting and some restoration.

Car 3 1997 M3 2DR 143,000 7500$ Car was always stored winters. Looks to be in excellent condition, with many mods. Mods: Eibach Pro springs, Bilstein sports shocks in the front and Koni yellow adjustables in the rear, ECU remap from Turner Motorsports to only burn premium fuel. 20mm front spacers ,Lower cross-brace to stiffen the front end, Ireland engineering strut brace, Reiger front lip, AFE cold air intake, Euro radiator cover, New OEM radiator and water pump, Mateo motorsports rear diffuser, MagnaFlow muffle,The roof lining was redone with alcantara

Car 4 2005 BMW 325Ci e46 sport package 88,000 $6500 cash salvage title absolutely zero rust 99% California car MODS: Vortec V3 supercharger kit with different injectors ( Owner claims HP is 400+) , Volks te37 18x12 18x10 wheels, slotted rotors ,brakes, aftermarket exhaust with header Flowmaster muffler, diamonds racing clutch, short shifter, car has a tune, Snow performance water-methanol injection, lowered 1 1/2 inches all around lowering springs and suspension strut bar MSD coils spark plugs

I have attached pics of all 4.... What say you ?? I am mechanically inclined and do all my own work, so maintenance or repair is not really a issue. My objective is to have a reliable fun car to drive and work on that is a nice car to have and show off now and then.
Thanks for your input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car 1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	601633   Click image for larger version

Name:	car 2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	601641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Car 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	601665   Click image for larger version

Name:	car 4.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	601673  

Last edited by shepo1; 06-21-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2017, 06:26 AM

Mein Auto: 320i (F30)
Cars need to be looked over carefully but I lean to #1 with #3 being a second choice. #3's price seems a little too high.

Looking at the cars' condition can easily change my rank order.
Step by step instructions when a hood release cable needs replacement. http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=981724
SIB 11 13 15 oil filter housing for the F30 - metal since mid-2013 and can be retrofitted without charge
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=951692

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search