Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
what happens at a drive for team usa event?

Hi everyone,

What happens at a drive for team usa event? Feel free to talk about your personal experience and any freebies you've gotten. Is the 1k code applicable at a different dealership and what's the duration of the 1k discount? Thanks!

Last edited by windycloud333; 06-28-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E92 335i MT
Honestly, I cannot remember details. However, I do remember that if you DO receive invitation (you cannot register without it IIRC), it tells you more or less everything on it. The rest (cars available) it will show up on bmwusa page when you register. I do believe the credit is usable wherever, not just the dealer where you participated physically. Which would make sense, all man-and-women-power was provided by BMWNA, not the dealer. Even cars. So ...

2011 E92 335i 6MT ZSP ZCW (ED May 17th 2010)

2013 118d BMWNA Special Edition. Black on black cloth (yay!), 5 door hatchback, 140hp diesel. Special edition items: factory debadge| "VW", "Golf" and "TDI" badges factory applied | MT | Standard go flat tires | Spare tire (yay!) | No moonroof (yay!) .
Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535i
The $1k discount is fairly perishable, only good for a few months. I recall that it wasn't available in addition to my USAA or BMWCCA discounts. Read the fine print. They've stopped putting M's in the fleet. I drove an E46 M3 at one of these events in 2001, while waiting for mine... mind boggling.

They set up a course, maybe six or seven miles of twisty roads. These events are run by BMWNA staff (usually marketing interns), so there's no pressure from salesmen to buy a car that day. You get a tote bag, and maybe a insulated coffee mug or something.

These events are a great place to meet chicks, too. I was getting service one day and the dealer was hosting one of these events about ten years ago. I wanted to drive an E60 5-series with SMG II (not impressed with SMG II). As I was parking the car, there was a very attractive woman, late 30's, early 40's waiting to take the car out next. She asked me if I liked it, and then asked me if I was going to buy one. I said "I already have one."

She said "Oh!" and smiled. It's not often I get to make a late 30's, early 40's attractive women say "Oh!"

Last edited by Autoputzer; Today at 05:26 AM.