Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 04-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Food at teh 'Fest...

Just a quick note to mention to y'all that we have a meeting scheduled with Earl Warren Showgrounds' food vendor on Wednesday before the event to finalize the food booth locations. They have assured us that they are going to be much better prepared for this years show - now that they know what they are getting themselves into...

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Ads by Google
Old 04-10-2007, 09:56 AM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Mein Auto: Duh!
Great to hear Jon
Old 04-10-2007, 02:29 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
food booth locations
Plural. That's a good start.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Go get'em ol buddy!!!

Oh and Jon, tell the "powers that be" there's to be no stinken Chevy vans & trucks on the premises either!!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Go get'em ol buddy!!!

Oh and Jon, tell the "powers that be" there's to be no stinken Chevy vans & trucks on the premises either!!!!!
Yeah, they sure ruined our pictures
Old 04-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ??
if you ever take your parade to the east coast some year, you wont need to worry about signing up any food vendor. NY/Philly fans are the masters of tailgating. there would be enough food to serve an army...gratis.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:14 PM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___lk___ View Post
if you ever take your parade to the east coast some year, you wont need to worry about signing up any food vendor. NY/Philly fans are the masters of tailgating. there would be enough food to serve an army...gratis.
That's exactly what we did at last year's fest.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___lk___ View Post

nooo!!!

bring the 'fest to Dallas! Centrally located! everyone can come then and be very happy!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:40 PM
Bo's ready for the Big 10

Mein Auto: A Murano and Civic Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buyse13 View Post
nooo!!!

bring the 'fest to Dallas! Centrally located! everyone can come then and be very happy!
Just fly out there for the day. Last year Pintnight and I made the trip and it was very easy. DFW to Phoenix to Santa Barbara. There by a little after 10am and left around 3:30pm. Back in Dallas a little after midnight.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
After five or so years, this issue should hopefully be ironed out once and for all?

Old 04-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i View Post
After five or so years, this issue should hopefully be ironed out once and for all?
Unfortunately the food vendor hasn't been the same all those years. At Cutter it was a catering company, and the vendor from Earl Warren in 2004 was replaced with the guys from 2006. This is the first year (at Earl Warren) that we will have the same vendor, who now knows what to expect, which is why it is going to be much much better!

Tim
Old 04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Euro M5 and an Alpina B9
Should we pack a lunch? Last year we stood in a very short line for over an hour listening to some f-tard on his cell phone talking at "level 10" (you know the type). It was quite humorous for a while. Hopefully this year there will be some good food. The food at Cutter the year before was great. A homeless guy was standing behind us in line trying to blend in with the crowd. I am sure he enjoyed his free lunch, though. No one seemed to mind.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:42 PM
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!

Send a message via Skype™ to mwagner1
Mein Auto: it has four wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsa View Post
Just fly out there for the day. Last year Pintnight and I made the trip and it was very easy. DFW to Phoenix to Santa Barbara. There by a little after 10am and left around 3:30pm. Back in Dallas a little after midnight.
Uhhh, why should every person in the 48 other states always have to be the ones to fly to CA to participate?? Why not alternate every year between the east and west coast??? Then again, when the BIG ONE hits the west coast, it wil be a moot point...

Cheers,
Old 04-11-2007, 02:47 PM
\m/ (>.<) \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner1 View Post
Uhhh, why should every person in the 48 other states always have to be the ones to fly to CA to participate?? Why not alternate every year between the east and west coast??? Then again, when the BIG ONE hits the west coast, it wil be a moot point...

Cheers,
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Old 04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
It's not all that bad...

Mein Auto: 01 M coupe, 05 M3
Quote:

Cheers,
Let's review the history of bimmerfest (as I understand it)...

Once upon a time, there was a BMW message board named roadfly.com. This message board had several BMW forums. Many people used the internet to talk to each other about BMWs (and other topics), on this forum.

In the year 2000, Jon Shafer, who at the time was the Sales Manager at Cutter BMW, announced a get-together of these internet BMW-philes. It was to be called Bimmerfest, and it would happen at Cutter BMW, in Santa Barbara. (I did not attend this Bimmerfest, so my knowledge is only second-hand).

This first Bimmerfest was attended by a relatively small number of people. But as the years passed, word of mouth caused the attendance to increase every year. This growth was "organic", and natural. The people who went to Bimmerfest raved about it to their friends. The people who read about Bimmerfest on the internet were intrigued, and vowed to attend themselves if possible.

The bimmerfest.com website was actually created as an outgrowth of the interest in Bimmerfest, the event (again, this is my opinion, not fact).

So, nobody is forcing people in the other 49 states to attend Bimmerfest. The event started here for the reasons I mention above, and people from elsewhere are invited and welcome to attend. Or anybody that wants can organize their own "east coast" version of Bimmerfest. I suppose the actual name "Bimmerfest" may be protected by now, but you can always ask the owner for permission to use the name to stage a Bimmerfest in some other location.

So Bimmerfest is as big as it is because it grew naturally. I hope they never move it any further away than say, Las Vegas.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Kurt
Old 04-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:

Cheers,
There's always one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
Quote:
Then again, when the BIG ONE hits the west coast, it wil be a moot point...

Cheers,
You sound pretty bitter.

"The BIG ONE?" You've been watching too much TV. There is NO possibility of California falling off into the ocean or anything of that sorts or ONE single quake flattening the state.

I live in Sacramento and we don't get impacted by earth quakes. Possible? Yes, but earth quake insurance is very seldomly bought in the part of the state because the lack of vulnerability. Drive one-two hours west and it's another story! Don't generalize the entire state. This state is the ONE economy for the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin View Post
Let's review the history of bimmerfest (as I understand it)...

Once upon a time, there was a BMW message board named roadfly.com. This message board had several BMW forums. Many people used the internet to talk to each other about BMWs (and other topics), on this forum.

In the year 2000, Jon Shafer, who at the time was the Sales Manager at Cutter BMW, announced a get-together of these internet BMW-philes. It was to be called Bimmerfest, and it would happen at Cutter BMW, in Santa Barbara. (I did not attend this Bimmerfest, so my knowledge is only second-hand).

This first Bimmerfest was attended by a relatively small number of people. But as the years passed, word of mouth caused the attendance to increase every year. This growth was "organic", and natural. The people who went to Bimmerfest raved about it to their friends. The people who read about Bimmerfest on the internet were intrigued, and vowed to attend themselves if possible.

The bimmerfest.com website was actually created as an outgrowth of the interest in Bimmerfest, the event (again, this is my opinion, not fact).

So, nobody is forcing people in the other 49 states to attend Bimmerfest. The event started here for the reasons I mention above, and people from elsewhere are invited and welcome to attend. Or anybody that wants can organize their own "east coast" version of Bimmerfest. I suppose the actual name "Bimmerfest" may be protected by now, but you can always ask the owner for permission to use the name to stage a Bimmerfest in some other location.

So Bimmerfest is as big as it is because it grew naturally. I hope they never move it any further away than say, Las Vegas.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Kurt
Well said Kurt.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin View Post
I hope they never move it any further away than say, Las Vegas.Kurt

And for me,I hope it NEVER leaves Santa Barbara, that's where it started and that's where it should stay. (IMHO)
It's one of the most beautiful cities and areas in the U.S.! (again,IMHO)
Old 04-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Con Artist For Hire

Send a message via AIM to 1995_e36M3Blue Send a message via Yahoo to 1995_e36M3Blue
Mein Auto: 1995 M3 (Blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Go get'em ol buddy!!!

yeah, theres a rear end of one on the socale36.com banner pic with all the e36's lined up and on the end is a white mini van.

Every Aspect Counts
///My MySpace...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3lissa View Post
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 3Series
What Kind of Food will be available?
Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 M Roadster
Thank you in advance. My back was killing me last year from waiting in that line for an hour.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean325i View Post
What Kind of Food will be available?
Again the food situation will be much better this year! We finally have the same food vendor two years in a row (see my post above if you missed the details) so they know what to expect. We told them last year but I don't think they believed us.

The food is standard 'fair' food. Burgers, dogs, etc. I'm not 100% sure what else they have as I didn't have time to eat.

Tim
Old 04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I didn't have time to eat.
Tim
Even more reason you AND Mark NEED to get it on Friday too Tim,you guys gotta eat dude!
Couldn't you sneak away and go back, or finish up by at the most 8 and then join us, c'mon Bro!
Jon will be there both nights, ju can do it dude!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:59 PM
///Monster Energy!

Send a message via AIM to BMWE30freak
Mein Auto: 1989 325i
Personally, I went to in-n-out with my friends last year for lunch. Sadly, someone took our parking spot at the 'fest and my friend couldn't get his E30 back in.

I'm just hoping that the food is better this time because, no offence, it sucked last year.

Too bad Cold Springs Taver (for you locals) isn't going to be there because their tri-tip is gooooooood.