Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 04-22-2007, 01:32 AM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3lissa View Post
That's exactly what we did at last year's fest.
**mental note**find out where Mel's group is camped in the lot, raid BBQ when nobody is looking**mental note**

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 04-22-2007, 10:30 AM
///Monster Energy!

Send a message via AIM to BMWE30freak
Mein Auto: 1989 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_jev View Post
**mental note**find out where Mel's group is camped in the lot, raid BBQ when nobody is looking**mental note**
Not a bad idea. We have to figure out a way to distract them
Old 04-22-2007, 05:05 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 Dakar Gelb II ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Martin View Post

So Bimmerfest is as big as it is because it grew naturally. I hope they never move it any further away than say, Las Vegas.
t
I hope it doesn't come to Vegas either. And this is coming from a Vegas native. It's so much better in Cali with the great weather and beaches. Plus it gives us a reason to get out of this town.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Original Driving Machine

Mein Auto: 1974 Inka 1802 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Unfortunately the food vendor hasn't been the same all those years. At Cutter it was a catering company, and the vendor from Earl Warren in 2004 was replaced with the guys from 2006. This is the first year (at Earl Warren) that we will have the same vendor, who now knows what to expect, which is why it is going to be much much better!

Tim
Threaten to bring in the Wienermobile....it hangs out around SB and it is a great color..

The "original" Ultimate Driving Machine
'76 Inka 2002, Original owner, Old Daily Driver
'74 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver
Old 04-23-2007, 01:24 AM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE30freak View Post
Not a bad idea. We have to figure out a way to distract them
I'll flash my man tittay's and you run in and grab what you can while everyone is shielding their eyes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 AM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Again the food situation will be much better this year! We finally have the same food vendor two years in a row (see my post above if you missed the details) so they know what to expect. We told them last year but I don't think they believed us.Tim
This isn't too encouraging considering each year the situation has gotten worse the last two years. Did you have a nice chat this with them this year?

For them to take this not seriously is a joke within itself and ridiculous because this will be the seventh (7) year for this event; the guest numbers speak for themselves, clearly!

I don't mean to over stir the pot, but this needs to be addressed once and for all this year. I guess you guys are between a rock and a hard place since you're using them again and vendors (good ones) seem to be limited.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:00 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad323i View Post
This isn't too encouraging considering each year the situation has gotten worse the last two years.
The 2007 event will be the second year for this food vendor. The 2005 event was held at SB BMW.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Quote:
This isn't too encouraging considering each year the situation has gotten worse the last two years. Did you have a nice chat this with them this year?

For them to take this not seriously is a joke within itself and ridiculous because this will be the seventh (7) year for this event; the guest numbers speak for themselves, clearly!

I don't mean to over stir the pot, but this needs to be addressed once and for all this year. I guess you guys are between a rock and a hard place since you're using them again and vendors (good ones) seem to be limited.
You clearly didn't read my first post. It is here -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=11

We have had different food vendors for the past four years.

2003 it was a catering company at Cutter.
2004 was the old Earl Warren food vendor (I was told they got replaced for doing such a bad job - in general not just at bfest).
2005 different catering company at Santa Barbara BMW.
2006 the new food vendor at Earl Warren.
2007 The same food vendor as last year.

We aren't between a rock and a hard place, we have no choice. Earl Warren requires us to us this food vendor. I have a meeting schedule with them on May 3rd and I am going to bring them some of this feedback and explain to them in very clear terms (to not only the food vendor but also management) that this simply cannot happen again.

I'm well aware this is an issue and we are doing everything we can to fix it. It will be better this year.

Tim
Old 04-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagner1 View Post
Uhhh, why should every person in the 48 other states always have to be the ones to fly to CA to participate?? Why not alternate every year between the east and west coast??? Then again, when the BIG ONE hits the west coast, it wil be a moot point...

Cheers,
Ive got your "Big One" right here!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:00 PM

Mein Auto: e92 - 335i
Quote:
You sound pretty bitter.

"The BIG ONE?" You've been watching too much TV. There is NO possibility of California falling off into the ocean or anything of that sorts or ONE single quake flattening the state.

I live in Sacramento and we don't get impacted by earth quakes. Possible? Yes, but earth quake insurance is very seldomly bought in the part of the state because the lack of vulnerability. Drive one-two hours west and it's another story! Don't generalize the entire state. This state is the ONE economy for the country.

Well said Kurt.
Of course there is always the possiblity of a crack opening up large enough to fill death valley. Guess that would make my drive to Vegas a little longer.