Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Wong Sir

Mein Auto: 93 civc hatch, 03 carrera
ive actually had great experience with lakeshore. i baught my set of oem 19 inch replicas for my first 530i, and the service was really good. they shipped it within the time frame they promised, and i received all4 packages at the same time. this was a year and a half ago, so maybe things have changed. =/
Old 07-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 540iA
Wow i order a set of replica rims and had them to my door in 4 days. Sorry to hear that.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Mein Auto: E39, E53, 911
lakeshore

Same story from me. I ordered a set for my Z06 and took almost 3 WEEKS to receive. They also sent only 3 rims the first time and had to send the 4th later. They never give you a straight answer, just smoke up your skirt.... I nagged them enough and got them to refund the shipping for me. I am looking for some rims for my e39 and will not order from them definitely...
Old 07-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 540i 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage59 View Post
glad to hear everything turned out fine, but i wouldn't ordered from Lakeshore, to me costumer service goes a long way. i rather pay a little more and get treated great then save couple bucks to get some crazy run around.
Thanks for the post.

I agree. ONLY reason I ordered from them is that they claimed they had the product instock.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:31 PM
dihedral

Mein Auto: 530i
Not quite the same cars, but here is my story about Walmart. I took my Caddy to Walmart for some Michelins. I told them that I had only the ignition key, and instructed them not the door. They documented that on the work order. Then they immediately locked the car. Saturday noon. It took them several hours to get a locksmith out who could not unlock car. About 5 hours later (total), we get car unlocked. They ask me what I want them to do. I asked for a free lifetime rotation and balance on the 2 tires I bought. OK. They were happy. I was happy.

Last week, my friend went there with a Crown Vic. He too waits about 5 hours. They then put wrong (more expensive) tires on. They offer him the tires for free; he says no. He will pay for them. Short story is they give him $400 worth of tires and a $50 super oil change (oil & filter, air filter, etc) for free. His only charge was the $8 for tire disposal.
He was embarassed. I was initially happy. After hearing his story, I thought--man, I just asked for a free balance and rotation!!! LOL.

Actually, that was the second time that he got a free set of tires at Walmart. Other time, he got into argument with clerk. He complained to store mgr, and mgr gave him set of tires for free.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Mein Auto: 540i 6spd
Last two rims and lugs shipped today per ups tracking. Should have them tomorrow which will end my three week wait for product that was supposedly in stock!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:45 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li 330i K1200LT TL ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermiester1 View Post
S...There are 5 packages ...
Never mind. Did not realize this was a little bit of a dated thread...

Last edited by racerock; 07-10-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:10 AM

Mein Auto: e46
Man that sucks, does Lakeshore only sell replica rims?

Are replica's safe to use at high speeds like 120+mph? I wouldn't want anything funny to happen or the wheel to break/fall off.

I wonder if they're as strong as non replicas in general, not necessarily compared to just OEM ones.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535xiT/6
old thread but undoubtedly they are still screwing people when they can so be aware and do your homework:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-tir...tuli-2469b.htm
4th- BMW R1200s Moto
3rd- 2007 328iT/6
2nd- 2006 M Roadster
1st- 1975 R90/6 Moto
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM
resident, old fart

Mein Auto: 2002 540i sport
Balancing tires- especially road balancing...

If you take you car to say "Tire Rack" and you observe them putting your wheels with new tires onto their machine using lug bolts adapter which is on the machine's inventory, Stop them and raise hell! BMW wheel need to be hub concentric and not lug nut centric!
They should mount a cone like object that centers the wheel based upon the wheel bore. Then, and only then, should they be tightened down to the machine by the lugs. My Tire Rack tech had no clue and when I went to the service manager, he raised hell and re-did the first wheel again after changing adapters and pointed to a chart hanging on the machine showing which wheels are hub centric and must be balanced after centering by the bore. You can not believe how few either don't know that or just don't care. It matters.