Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 04-22-2007, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: '07 750i Sport
Help! Window goes up; then 1/2 down - stops

This is a good one..

Just shut the car off; hit the window button to bring it up. It goes up, then goes down half-way and stays there. It won't stay in the up position. Tried this a few times with the key in , the key out. The car running, the car off, etc. Same result.

Not too thrilled with this as I leave this car in my driveway.

Anybody??
Ads by Google
Old 05-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Mein Auto: 750Li
Hold switch in up position

I had that problem. Pull the window switch up past the resistence point and hold it there. The window will roll up, then back down and then up again. It goes up almost all the way and if you continue to hold the switch up it will ease up the last little bit until it's fully closed.

It's the "pinch protection" that's causing it to roll back down half way. It thinks it caught your finger or something. Holding the switch up overrides the pinch protection system. It's in your owner's manual if my description doesn't make sense.

When it happened to me I planned on taking it to the dealer, but it never did it again. Just had a problem that one day.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:08 PM

Mein Auto: 06 750i Sport, 04 X5 3.0i
Exclamation

Are the windows tinted? We ran into this problem last week and brought our 7er in to the dealer on Monday.. They said they could not repeat the problem, but suddenly as soon as we turned the car on we got the window to do it. They took the car over night and the master Tech. said the cause was the window tint. The SA did not agree with him on that and inserted the problem/question in a PUMA system (its there help system). Hopefully there will be a solution to this problem.

also guys, which window is this happening on? For us, its the passenger side window.

-2006 750i, black on black, ZSP, Comfort package - European Delivery
-2004 X5 3.0, Stratus Gray Metallic on Black, fully loaded

http://gallery.sphost.org <-- NJBMWCCA autocross pics and European Delivery