Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

View Poll Results: Bimmerfest as a two day event?
Yes, 2 days, lets get this going!!! 21 52.50%
No. 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 325
Bimmerfest as a 2 Day event

Just seeing if there would be any interest from the bimmerfest guys into making it a 2day event. 1 day show/ 1 day track, much like waterfest and H20 on the east coast.

I personally think it would be f*cking amazing.

Discuss!

PS- I know that santa barbara has been the home for years, but is change necessarily bad? Someplace like Irwindale maybe? Or even vegas!!!! Now that would be a party.
Ads by Google
Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 PM

bump please, no one else has a say?
Old 05-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Wow, I really thought more people would be interested in this one way or the other.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
Check the "bimmerfest" forum and you'll have better luck with your poll. There are also a couple of discussions about moving it elsewhere that you can read through.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 05-21-2007, 06:51 PM

mods, please move to bimmerfest forum
Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 PM

Mein Auto: 87.325is
it is a cool idea but to much $$$$ for that to go though.....
Old 05-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: It has two dipsticks
I voted no
Old 05-22-2007, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to geduardo
Mein Auto: 01 Steel Gray E46 325Ci
I think there's already soo much going on that having it for 2 days would kind of take away from the event. Part of Bimmerfest is going out with your friends, hang out, and shoot the ****. I don't know about you guys, but I get really tired from the whole event. Adding another day would probably put me in the hospital, LOL!!! Damn I getting old
Old 05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
www.my330i.com

Send a message via AIM to marvelphx
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ESS ZHP
I think it should remain one day, but run longer so the prizes, raffle, etc aren't rushed.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:24 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelphx View Post
I think it should remain one day, but run longer so the prizes, raffle, etc aren't rushed.
Todd, I'm pretty sure you remember the zombie-like stares from the crowd from years past when the raffle stretched on for too long? The raffle this year was about the right length, but the prize awards should have begun right away before everyone scattered.

An alternative might be to have a couple of mini-raffles during the course of the day with the lower value prizes. Maybe post the winners on some sort of announcement board that has good visibility for the prize sponsors, rather than requiring them to be present to win? Have the main raffle focus on the big ticket items then move right into the Battle of the Bimmers awards. Dunno..

Bimmerfest is already a 3 day event for me, and it's longer for folks coming from AZ and the PNW. One day for the event itself is just fine.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:44 PM
www.my330i.com

Send a message via AIM to marvelphx
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ESS ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Todd, I'm pretty sure you remember the zombie-like stares from the crowd from years past when the raffle stretched on for too long? The raffle this year was about the right length, but the prize awards should have begun right away before everyone scattered.

An alternative might be to have a couple of mini-raffles during the course of the day with the lower value prizes. Maybe post the winners on some sort of announcement board that has good visibility for the prize sponsors, rather than requiring them to be present to win? Have the main raffle focus on the big ticket items then move right into the Battle of the Bimmers awards. Dunno..

Bimmerfest is already a 3 day event for me, and it's longer for folks coming from AZ and the PNW. One day for the event itself is just fine.
That is what I mean. Perhaps break the raffle into smaller sections or diversify it somehow. There was barely anyone left after the raffle ended to award the best of prizes to. We raised a good amount of money this year so I don't know how that would impact it and if any changes would actually improve the flow and success of the raffle. Jon and the guys are running ragged all day long, so there is the manpower issue as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
As another poster said, its already 3 days long if you need to drive from Norcal or Oregon.
For some folks getting time off from work/school could be an issue. And not everyone is rich here so another 150/night room is an added expense. My .02c worth.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
I voted no before trying to vote yes. But I meant no. Two days is too much. In fact, after 6 hours I was all BMW'd out. It's not like I don't see that many BMWs just driving into work in the morning. Although the fuschia colored and LV interiored Bimmers are a bit unusual. I don't usually see more than 2-3 of them a week.