Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E34 M5 (1988-1995)

E34 M5 (1988-1995)

Old 10-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Mein Auto: 1988 M5
Mechanically Restored 88 M5

This 88 BMW M5 is an absolutely beautiful car that still runs very strong, stable and very fast. Absolutely NO rust or previous history of any rot ever. No collision history except for two front spoilers being replaced due to the previous owner thinking about pizza more, at the moment rather than avoiding scrapping on top of a cement curb. The second occurrence was I myself 3 years ago hitting a small mammal going around the corner of a country road a bit too fast. I earnestly tried to avoid hitting the poor varmint.

Engine runs out very tight still reading over 180 lbs on ALL the cylinders. Absolutely "NO" blow by and Absolutely "NO" oil leaks at all. Not even the common hydro fluid booster leak, power steering line leaks, rear main engine seal leak and of course the usual shift shaft tranny seal and output flange seal leaks. None of these commonality to this car exists. The undercarriage is impeccable too. No valve cover leaks no coolant leaks None! Has G-force Tires, completely new rear exhaust system, Bilstein struts and Meyle heavy duty support arms and bushing, Zimmerman rotors, Akebono pads, refurbished drive shaft, battery, fan clutch, coolant hoses, all intake hoses and bellows. Updated clutch with new clutch master and slave cylinder. Updated 8mm performance plug wires, High flow cat, Turner Motorsport DME, and cold air intake etc

Engine I believe was reworked by Jim Rowe, (I believe Barr-none to be the most knowledgeable man on this side of the planet on M30 and S38 engines) This motor with all the add ons is putting out at least 290 sponkie stallions at the wheel. Many BMW savey guys throughout my years of going to shows and events with this car have never seen an E28 be so tight, agile and so quick as this beast.
Of course there is absolutely "No" rod noise or chain chatter, nothing! Not even at warm-up. No brake shake, no bushing shudder, or drive-shaft thump, or suspension noises. NONE!

This BMW, on Road and Track was recently rated as the number 1 best classic foreign car investment for 2013. This collectible is one of only 2191 hand built world-wide.

Do a read on Wikipedia about this Gem. The regular factory built E28's versions totaled over 783,000 made. what a difference!

This car was also noted as the fastest factory built sedan in its day..

$24,400.00 is a price you will NOT find anywhere for this clean of a car.
Do a search on Auto-Trader, Hemmings New, Roundel, and Bimmer magazine.
Also look at last year's article on this car on Road and Track.

My Phone number is 828 280 3175 ill be in redlands california
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2014, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 1988 M5
Pics

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4675037739
Old 10-13-2014, 01:13 PM

Mein Auto: 91 M5, 88 M5, 97 Exploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer DOC View Post
doesn't work for me.

There appears to be a problem with this posting (4675037739) or the URL you're using to access it.

If you initially posted more than 48 hours ago, your post may have timed out, in which case you will need to repost your ad.

If you are clicking on the link in the email to reach this page, try using the cut-and-paste plain text URL instead.

If that doesn't work, please try again in 15 minutes. If it still doesn't work, please forward the email to help@craigslist.org for assistance

Thanks!