Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
Horsepowerfreaks M3 Turbo at Bimmerfest!

Can anyone tell me if this happend before or after bimmerfest? I stayed till about 4 o' clock hoping to see some parking lot action but nothing happend. I would have killed to get a ride in that thing.
Also I hope the author of the vid (Mpower4me) doesn't mind me posting this on here, I came across the vid while looking at the Bimmerfest 07 video.

Advertisement
Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
This was all done after the fest as we were tearing it down. After a whole bunch of runs I had to ask that they stop doing it as 1) it would give Earl Warren a reason to refuse renting to us next year, and 2) I was becoming very anxious about liability in the event of an accident. I hope that Chris is not upset with me, but it looks like there were more than enough speed runs to make the point....that car is damn f-ing fast!!!

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 05-08-2007, 08:13 AM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
This was all done after the fest as we were tearing it down. After a whole bunch of runs I had to ask that they stop doing it as 1) it would give Earl Warren a reason to refuse renting to us next year, and 2) I was becoming very anxious about liability in the event of an accident. I hope that Chris is not upset with me, but it looks like there were more than enough speed runs to make the point....that car is damn f-ing fast!!!
That car was indeed very fast. I wondered about the post-Fest driving event out there in the parking lot. Someone was briefly doing donuts after the Fest closed down too.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 87.325is
JON ne has no reason to be mad at you asking him to stop,and he should have know better for doing that too....cheers...
Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 AM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
What happened to the most powerful BMW tug-o-war contest?
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189223

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.

Last edited by Dave 330i; 05-08-2007 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
Quote:
Thanks for at least letting him get a couple runs in and getting that awesome video. It put the biggest smile on my face when I came across it last night.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Christian View Post
JON ne has no reason to be mad at you asking him to stop,and he should have know better for doing that too....cheers...

Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Just a Gigolo

Mein Auto: '02 540iA '05 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
A bunch of us from m5board.com were doing an off the cuff photo shoot in the parking lot and were a bit worried at first with the speed runs. However, us wanting to get a ride and after talking with Chris assured us he was just doing some marketing and not just joyriding. There was a few of us left who wanted a ridealong but Chris came back and said he was asked to stop. EVERYONE was totally cool with it, understood, and not upset. Chris had no issues with being asked to stop.

That car is very much for real, no idle issues after all the runs is what amazed me.
'05 M3 Track Beast - Ground Control coilovers - APEX Arc8's in Nitto NT01's - Fabspeed Headers - ESS Tune - Auto Club 1:58.5 - Streets 1:29.9
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."—President Bush; Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006
Old 05-09-2007, 06:19 AM
M3 owns me.

Send a message via AIM to adas
Mein Auto: 03 Alpine M3 6spd
WHile it was a liability, it was a great experience, and it was safer then going out on public roads

I went for a ride in that beast, waited till about 4:45ish till they took it out. The thing pulls CRAZY hard, thanks Chris for the demonstrations, it seems like a great kit, drives flawlessly.

I can't wait till this kit kits production

Adam
Old 05-09-2007, 08:14 AM

^^^^^If I heard it right they only 100 kits avalable.....
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
Thanks guys. Nice pics. It was a pleasure taking some of you for a ride. I look forward to next year. We should have several cars there.

Here's a recent pic of the intake manifold

Old 05-09-2007, 05:10 PM

^^^dame that is final piace??that looks sick Chris....cheers.....
Old 05-09-2007, 07:34 PM
M3 owns me.

Send a message via AIM to adas
Mein Auto: 03 Alpine M3 6spd
Chris I have a ton more pics of the runs, David gave me an EMail I'll send the good ones to when I have a chance.

No kidding about next year, I'm thinking a booth right next to Active for you guys

Adam
Old 05-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Past Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
adas... Look forward to the pics. I'd love to see them.

Paul Christian... Thanks. We're building the kits in quantities of 100. We have one complete kit that a lucky guy will have installed on his car shortly. The next 100 will have to wait 3 months as we're still price shopping for our intake manifold foundry.

roadwarrior687... Thanks. Yes, it was all done for marketing. I wanted to show everyone how a car should behave run after run after run after run.

r3v1ls... Agreed. I would have preferred a longer stretch, but the parking lot kept it safe.

Jon... No problem. I would have done the same if it was my event. Next year, just stay inside a little longer.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I know one guy that is on the your list too..and he can not wait for it to heppen too..