Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___lk___ View Post
which country are you describing?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
///M POWER

Send a message via AIM to Inv3ctiv3 Send a message via Yahoo to Inv3ctiv3
Mein Auto: 2002 Avus Blue M3
I don't really think it is any of your guys business what goes where, none of you are directly involved so leave it alone.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Some call me...Tim?

Mein Auto: '97 528i, '87 325iC (July
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity?
I think Jon should charge $100. This would allow Jon and others to pay themselves a small amount for all the hard work that goes into putting on bimmerfest, more money could go to a good cause, and most importantly, it would weed out people like you.

Tim
Old 05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
Quote:
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
You really arn't all there in the head are you?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Mein Auto: Slammin Taco
Quote:
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
My12 year old has more sense than you do.

If you spend money at the grocery store does that make you a shareholder of that grocery store ? I mean with your logic, everytime I spend a dollar on anything I own part of the business where I spent the money Did your parents drop you on your head as a child ? or is it that you are still a child and have absolutely no idea what a "business" is about ? Change the SN from lucky579 to moron#1
Old 05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Just a Gigolo

Mein Auto: '02 540iA '05 M3
Quote:
... I was looking forward to this event since January when I requested it off from work, I didn't get the weekend off, but I told them I had an event to go to, I lost a ton of my hours at work and now have the worst shifts, but I think it was worth it. ...
That's "I believe in natural selection and the fittest with (will) survive.", I got this quote from a famous bimmerfest member! This is natural selection at work trying to make your life difficult to weed out the weak.
'05 M3 Track Beast - Ground Control coilovers - APEX Arc8's in Nitto NT01's - Fabspeed Headers - ESS Tune - Auto Club 1:58.5 - Streets 1:29.9
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."—President Bush; Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006
Old 05-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Ubergeek

Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Admins,

Can I change lucky's title to "Officially unwelcomed from the 'fest"???

Can I? Pleeeeassee?
Old 05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to geduardo
Mein Auto: 01 Steel Gray E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisL View Post
Admins,

Can I change lucky's title to "Officially unwelcomed from the 'fest"???

Can I? Pleeeeassee?
DO IT!!!!!! I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
The King of Common Sense

Send a message via Skype™ to Dave 330i
Mein Auto:
Will someone establish a welfare fund to let Lucky in for the rest of his life? This thread is not worth the time to justify the cost of entry or where the money goes.

Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom. If everybody is doing it one way, there’s a good chance you can find your niche by going exactly in the opposite direction", Sam Walton.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Retired Official Welcomer

Mein Auto: 2007 550i, 2002 M5
Quote:
Maybe I'm an asshole.
+1

This is the first time I have ever had to officially unwelcome someone. If he would PM me his information, I'll PayPal him $20.00 just to quit posting.

2015 Yas Marina Blue M4~Black full Merino leather~Executive Package~Drivers Assistance Plus~Lighting Package~Adaptive M Suspension~19" Black Light-Alloy Style 437 wheels~Carbon Fiber trim~HK audio systems~6MT
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacMan View Post
I think Jon should charge $100. This would allow Jon and others to pay themselves a small amount for all the hard work that goes into putting on bimmerfest, more money could go to a good cause, and most importantly, it would weed out people like you.

Tim
So Tim, how much have you sent via Paypal as a donation for Bimmerfest stickers?

Grammar: The difference between "knowing your sh*t" and "knowing you're sh*t."
Old 05-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
This is definitely in teh running for top ten thread of 2007, maybe top five...

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Oh boy, I just had a crazy thought. What if lucky knew that the community actual put together a seperate fund raiser, online, and changed someones life with the proceeds.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Jon - I do have a complaint about Bimmerfest. I paid my $20, and after I got inside, when I went to get stuff, like the modified roundels, or tequila shots for Bear, or food, or car wax and detailing supplies, the people kept asking me to pay. I mean WTF? Didn't the $20 cover everything?

Also, I wanted to buy a car there and someone said I needed to pay for it. I told him that I had paid my $20 at the gate and wasn't this like Disneyland where everything after that was free? Can you set the guy straight for me? I really want to get his car. I think his name was Lucky579 or something.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post
Jon - I do have a complaint about Bimmerfest. I paid my $20, and after I got inside, when I went to get stuff, like the modified roundels, or tequila shots for Bear, or food, or car wax and detailing supplies, the people kept asking me to pay. I mean WTF? Didn't the $20 cover everything?

Also, I wanted to buy a car there and someone said I needed to pay for it. I told him that I had paid my $20 at the gate and wasn't this like Disneyland where everything after that was free? Can you set the guy straight for me? I really want to get his car. I think his name was Lucky579 or something.

Very good Mal
Old 05-09-2007, 07:46 PM
That cool guy

Mein Auto: 87 335is, 90 M3
Quote:

Yah Jon, I also didnt get my care kit.

Please email me ASAP so we can get this resolved.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
Quote:

Is there a class-action lawsuit in the works??
Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Chocolate Salty Balls

No body paid for my plane ticket and hotel, I mean come on, for two years almost I've managed to hold an average of 18.79 PPD and with your crazy admission fees and excessive profit margin you can't just comp me, I'm going to have to reconsider my status here
Old 05-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Bo's ready for the Big 10

Mein Auto: A Murano and Civic Hybrid
Has Lucky paid the $20 to Jon for sneaking in last year?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Bryce View Post
...I'm going to have to reconsider my status here
Too easy. I'll get you next time...

Grammar: The difference between "knowing your sh*t" and "knowing you're sh*t."
Old 05-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Ones and Zeros

Mein Auto: Dirty-Thirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsa View Post
Has Lucky paid the $20 to Jon for sneaking in last year?
Last year it was $10
Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E36 328is
You drive a bmw stop your bitchin. $20? think about how much you were paying per gallon when at the pump. Those are the people you should be complaining to.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWRNCE View Post
You drive a bmw stop your bitchin. $20? think about how much you were paying per gallon when at the pump. Those are the people you should be complaining to.
Come to think of it, I dropped more than $20 at the gas station today. What did all that money get spent on? I want to review the books of my "partners," the service station owner and the oil company.

I think the big problem of our OP is that he thinks everything relating to Bimmerfest is free. He comes here on site and it doesn't cost him anything. Thus, he's used to just getting stuff for nothing. I believe this is called freeloading. He doesn't look at the ads, suport the site sponsors, or even acknowledge that Jon and his gang did a great job. He complains that he wasn't able to sneak in again this year. I believe this is called cheating.

If you read his post about putting in a request in January to get time off for this - what do you think he does? Flip burgers? No, that's probably too complicated for this fellow.

This has been a most amusing thread. Rummratt and I even agreed on something. But it's probably now time to let it slip into the ages. I don't think the unlucky fool who started this thread will be coming back. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: '73 2002, '88 M5
Hell, I spend $50.00 to take my '68 Camaro to a Goodguys event. I'd gladly pay that to attend and show my cars at Bimmerfest.

Thanks again Jon for a great event!

Cris
'88 M5- 18" Alpinas, Ground Control suspension, Koni dampers
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792851
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=2812
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792793
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Mein Auto: 02 ///M5
Quote:
Apparently irony is lost on this young whippersnapper. Oh, well. Maybe when he gets to college he will read Jonathan Swift.
Barber College maybe....