Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2007: Santa Barbara, CA
Mark it on your calendar, Bimmerfest 2007 will be held on May 5, 2007 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds!
Sponsored by Supersprint North America

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:01 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
That must be why I couldn't figure out how to change the radio station in the E60 530i I had as a loaner once. In my business, we call them Micro$haft, or M$ for short. Money,money,money,money,money!

I think the E46/E39 era cars will be my last Bimmers for a long time.
There's always the E86, Jeff. It's based on the E46, and they're pretty fun to drive
Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
I don't know, Cliff.... having not spent a month driving one, I just can't say for sure... and I'm not sure how you could change my mind...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:13 PM
TMS

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidconti View Post
I don't know, Cliff.... having not spent a month driving one, I just can't say for sure... and I'm not sure how you could change my mind...
More like 7 months Reid - I got this bad boy back in October. And no, I won't trade

Kurt Martin and I swapped cars for the drive from SB to Morro Bay last weekend. His car is basically stock while mine has springs and wider tires. The E86 seemed considerably more sure footed than the E36/8 to me. I got the impression from Kurt's comments over the radio that he would probably agree with that statement.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Officially Welcomed to The 'Fest!

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterlance View Post
[Lucky579 is a] Scum bag.
Please stop insulting scum bags.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibubimmer View Post

Yes Sir.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:16 PM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
[Lucky579 is a] Scum bag.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes Sir.
Yes. Stop lumping mere scum bags with Lucky579.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Yes. Stop lumping mere scum bags with Lucky579.
Yes, I apologize for tarnishing the scum bag name by associating it with Lucky579.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Go Gators

Send a message via AIM to BmW745On19's
Mein Auto: 745i
lol, this thread is great.

Lucky, you're a grade A ass hole, you make Hitler look like a great guy.

The Only 745i to Consider
Old 05-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
I can't believe this thread is still alive! It is a waste of bandwidth and it is totally worthless. I've been mostly a lurker, but when I logon everyday, this thread is always on top. I was amused at first, but seeing this everyday is getting annoying. I think it is time to end this. Lucky579 (or are you LavaM3 from another forum?), please just drop this and leave it be. I think you've achieve your goal of pissing everyone off.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Officially Weird

Mein Auto: Clownshoe,Miata,WeeStrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
More like 7 months Reid - I got this bad boy back in October. And no, I won't trade

Kurt Martin and I swapped cars for the drive from SB to Morro Bay last weekend. His car is basically stock while mine has springs and wider tires. The E86 seemed considerably more sure footed than the E36/8 to me. I got the impression from Kurt's comments over the radio that he would probably agree with that statement.
I probably wouldn't disagree with that. I'm very happy with the capabilities of my car, and it handles EXTREMELY well, especially now that I have the GC coilovers on. It is extremely intuitive and gives a ton of feedback, I can always tell exactly what the contact patches are doing.

In comparison to my old 95 M3, though, it is very tricky to drive at the limit. It's very tail-happy, while the M3 was so forgiving it was a piece of cake to drive. It didn't give me the same connected feeling that this car does, though.

I suspect this car is ultimately a quicker car, though at a certain driver sanity cost
Old 05-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Mein Auto: '98 540i
I am new to the Bimmerfest forum and I am looking forward to attending my first Bimmerfest. But you can't be too hard on Lucky579. After all, the allowance that he gets only goes so far, and if he has to pay $20 to get in, how in the world will he be able to afford to take his GF to Chuckee Cheese afterwards.

Jon, from what little time I have been a member of this forum, I have to say, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:19 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
we should chip in a 2 bucks for every page this thread lives on... another three pages, and the OP/initial mooch can afford not to jump teh fence....
Old 05-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '05 645Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumratt View Post
+1 omg
Old 05-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Retired Slacker

Mein Auto: A car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm540i View Post
I am new to the Bimmerfest forum and I am looking forward to attending my first Bimmerfest. But you can't be too hard on Lucky579. After all, the allowance that he gets only goes so far, and if he has to pay $20 to get in, how in the world will he be able to afford to take his GF to Chuckee Cheese afterwards.

Jon, from what little time I have been a member of this forum, I have to say, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.
Inflatable dolls don't eat much...Peace Out!!
Old 05-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Bring the 'fest to Dallas

Send a message via AIM to Buyse13
Mein Auto: 01 325i ZSP
How is this tread still active? Im glad i didnt place a bet on when it would be locked and/or deleted.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 AM
I like Bimmers

Mein Auto: 2004 Pontiac Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky579 View Post
I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
If the fittest involves your intellectual being, then you don't have much time left, it seems. Later, QD.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:10 AM
qk

Mein Auto: 6
can't somebody lock this thread lol
Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 AM

Mein Auto:
unLucky579 has been pwned by PhilippeK: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...48#post2373548
Old 05-13-2007, 08:47 AM

Mein Auto: a steak
Quote:
If 1600 people gave me $20 and one was curious as to how the money was being spent I would provide it. Think about businesses, if you say this is Jon's job then I suppose this is his business and if we are contributing, or "compensating" for his hard work then that in a way makes us like shareholders in which we are entitled to the financial information.

So if Jon needs to be compensated for this event, why are we donating money to charity? You don't get rich throwing your money away. Maybe I'm an asshole but I would never give money to the poor/charity. I believe in natural selection and the fittest with survive.
Why not lower the price to $10 and not donate to charity.
And the hits just KEEP on comin'!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: a steak
WAIT JUST ONE DAMN MINUTE!

Shouldn't Jon have paid ME to attend his shindig? After-all, I had the first M6 'vert in town, and I should be treated like the celeBEARty that I am!

I just thought of something else. I not only paid the $20 entry fee (albeit a little late), but I also bought 4 additional raffle tickets; so I spent a total of $40!!!

I could have used that extra $20 to help some of the disadvantaged (like Lucky-Boi) pay for their entry fee. Oh wait a minute...that's right, "Survival of the Fittest" so then Lucky would have been "on his own" so to speak.

(Note to self…remind Jon to run a 220V charge to all the fences and back gates at the event next year.)

Here's another thought...If you don't want to pay...DON'T F-in ATTEND!!!!

There are a TON of people in this world that need a little financial help from time to time, and if I can do a little something to help out…PLUS have a blast at the largest BMW event in the area…SIGN ME UP!

PS: What makes you think you are so LUCKY? Is it because nobody has knocked ANY sense into you as of yet?
Old 05-13-2007, 09:43 AM

Mein Auto:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHR4CE1 View Post
WAIT JUST ONE DAMN MINUTE!

Shouldn't Jon have paid ME to attend his shindig? After-all, I had the first M6 'vert in town, and I should be treated like the celeBEARty that I am!

I just thought of something else. I not only paid the $20 entry fee (albeit a little late), but I also bought 4 additional raffle tickets; so I spent a total of $40!!!
. . .

(Note to self…remind Jon to run a 220V charge to all the fences and back gates at the event next year.)
Jon did pay you - in great experiences and comraderie. (He paid me, too.)
Old 05-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Overly Intellectual

Mein Auto: 2002 M5, 1999 M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW745On19's View Post
lol, this thread is great.

Lucky, you're a grade A ass hole, you make Hitler look like a great guy.
Hey, rimjob. You need to be banned. Lucky complained about a $20 gate fee, and Hitler killed millions of people. Where do you get off, saying stuff like that?

You need a history lesson, and you owe Lucky an apology for this post.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:04 AM
||llll|||ll||||llll||||||

Mein Auto: 6 pots, 2 snails.
Quote:
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.

so this is where you went after we ran you out of bimmerforums?

you'll be even LESS liked here, bro.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvr826 View Post
WTF??? Financials are nobody's business.
Exactly.

The event is a business transaction. It's voluntary. I have no idea how Jon, Tim, Mark, and other organizers are financially enriched by the event, if at all (I hope they are), but it is as irrelevant as asking the same question when I shop for groceries at Safeway. The fact that safeway's shareholders are enriched by my business with them is nothing unethical or condemnatory, and certainly is no reason to steal from them.

Same applies here.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Smart Passion, F-250 4x4
Quote:
I came late last year and squeezed through the back gate, but this year there were people at both gates.

$20??? for 1600 cars is $32,000 where is that money going? I heard if you bought raffle tickets that money was going to the low income people in Santa Barbara which is ironic since SB is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation so I didn't even stick around for the raffle. With all the raffle tickets too, I bet there was a gross income of over $50,000.

Last time I checked at fairs and stuff the food places had to rent out a spot to have their food booth, I'm thinking that the vendors pay to have a spot too, and the only cost would be the Bimmerfest personnel $10/hr probably 10 of them for a total of 10 hrs, that's only $1000. And the cost to rent out the fairgrounds can't be over $10000.

I don't work hard so that poor people can work less and receive free money.

This might be the last year I support this event.
Its tough to run with the big dogs when you're a puppy stuck on the porch lickin' your balls.
Closed Thread