BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Flat Tire warning

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lat22 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 550i. Beginning this past winter, My flat tire warning comes on when I first start the car, If I reset it it went off. The dealer told me it was because of the change in pressure with the cold weather, well it is very warm here in DC now and the flat tire warning comes on for all tires, depspite them being full, and the reset will no longer work. Anyone else have this problem?

#3 ·
I have a 2007 525, live in VA and had exactly the same problem and the dealer told me the exact same story about the pressure changing and etc... In February the TPM went on for all four tires, then I reset it, next day, one tire got flat. I took it to the dealer, they told there was a nail. Maybe two weeks after, the TPM went on again for the both rear tires. took it in, nothing happen, they checked the tire pressure and everything. Just this month, it went on again, they said I got a nail.
I am really tired of this tire thing!!!!!!!!!!:dunno:

#4 ·
I had this issue multiple times. This past Fall-Winter, the sensors went off 4 or 5 times over a two-month period. Apparently, the sensitivity was too high & the system was reprogrammed with some other modules. According to my dealer, my car's frequency was an anomaly, but there is a bullentin on the issue. While weather changes can be part of the problem, I would have it checked if it is happening frequently. For me, the computer update solved the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.