Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i, G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
After driving a 328 C with Sports pkg in Germany both city and Autobahn I have to say you are just plain wrong. While the extra power and torque may have added a little bit to the experience it wouldnt be nearly enough to compensate for the gas used or any additional purchace costs. Factor in long term reliability concerns and a 335 makes less sense than a 328i.
Flame Away
You could extend that logic into the driver's seat of a honda civic. (just saying )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredric View Post
Interesting how guys seem to be wired to go on and on arguing about things. Not only here but in sports bars, digital camera websites (e.g. which brand is best, and in threads within any given brand, which model is best) etc. Rarely see women getting into it.
You have never heard women talk for hours on end about a certain brand of shoes, a recipe, another woman's lifestyle, or her current diet plan?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:17 PM

Mein Auto: 335i E93 Verte
Quote:
Originally Posted by 008 View Post
328 and 335 group hug

+1
Old 05-31-2007, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: '09 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopdeluxe View Post
Why - EXACTLY - does there need to be one right answer? Why can't one car (the 335) work for people over HERE...and one car (the 328) work for people over THERE?

Huh?

Man...this sounds like when my 10 year-old boy argues with my 12-year-old...sometimes I just wanna slap BOTH of them upside their heads.

Life's too short....just enjoy the ride.
Exactly. There are so many factors to why someone chooses one car over another. If one car worked for everyone, there would be no contrast on the road today.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:40 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 M5 & 328xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJAX View Post
You have never heard women talk for hours on end about a certain brand of shoes, a recipe, another woman's lifestyle, or her current diet plan?
+1
Old 05-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Mein Auto: 535 M Sport
Ladies. The 335i is just a much better car than the 328. That's it. There's no real debate possible. Someone who pays $45K for a car shouldn't be embarassed by just about everything on the road. That's my point. Turned the AC on the other day for the first time. The thing is even more punchless. And for all of you geniuses who ponder why BMW put turbos in the 335 read about the European fuel economy regs that are coming. All engines have to get 30% better MPG by 2012. That's why the 335 went to turbos.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:43 PM

Mein Auto: 535 M Sport
Hey Chi-town. I can think of another market segment that likes 328s. Girls.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynn View Post
Ladies. The 335i is just a much better car than the 328. That's it. There's no real debate possible. Someone who pays $45K for a car shouldn't be embarassed by just about everything on the road. That's my point. Turned the AC on the other day for the first time. The thing is even more punchless. And for all of you geniuses who ponder why BMW put turbos in the 335 read about the European fuel economy regs that are coming. All engines have to get 30% better MPG by 2012. That's why the 335 went to turbos.
why don't you just sell your 328xi and stop whining like a girl?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i sedan
If I was going to lease, I'd go for the 335i.
If I'm buying, which we did, I'd go for the 328i.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM

Mein Auto: Gmc truck
You want a less desirable car if you buy?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: '09 335i
Quote:
Sounds like you need more practice shopping for cars. MOST people test drive the car they are looking at before buying. It doesn't take more than one drive to know if a car is under/over-powered for your preference.

There's more to a car than just its straight-line power. The 335i has a different engine, so what. Same frame, body, interior, suspension, etc. Get a grip.

I know women that drive SL600's and 6-series, I guess those are girly cars too....

Last edited by BlueC; 05-31-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Mein Auto: '07 328xiT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJAX View Post
.....You have never heard women talk for hours on end about a certain brand of shoes, a recipe, another woman's lifestyle, or her current diet plan?
I don't think you understood my point.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:15 PM

Mein Auto: M3
No

He wants a car to last well beyond the point in which he OWNS it. I Have the 335 convertible. I have Never had a car more than 5 years (including a 530i) . Or driven more than 72K. So the idea that my car may be less dependable 100K down the line than a 328 is the absolutely stupidest reason for me and most of you for not getting that BAD MF
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 ZHP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredric View Post
Interesting how guys seem to be wired to go on and on arguing about things. Not only here but in sports bars, digital camera websites (e.g. which brand is best, and in threads within any given brand, which model is best) etc. Rarely see women getting into it.
J
Just another difference between women and men i guess-

Women are born to shop, gossip and find ways to cure their "stress"

Men are born to screw, think about screwing and... arguing about cars!

BTW the Z4MC kicks the 335 coupes ASS!

Just had to throw that in to keep the thread going!

Last edited by SilvrZHP; 05-31-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM

Mein Auto: Audi S4 cab
bmw101:

Please...stop feeding the trolls.

This guy WANTS to sling smack. Just don't respond. There is nothing trolls hate more than being ignored.

I think that the most laughable thing about it is that he CHOSE THE CAR. No one put a gun to his head.

As for me, I'm man enough to order a 328.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: ED 330i
Most entertaining thread. I'm sure BMW dealers are going to be quaking once the news get out.

Personally I'd rather be driving my BMW any day than a Hyundai. Silly me. Who knew?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:37 PM

Mein Auto: A big grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuenne View Post
Remember the 335i is more than just a larger engine.

When I took into account the Xenon's, Larger Wheels, Power Seats and a lower lease factor when I placed my order, the difference was only around $20 per month. Made sense for me to get the 335i. Plus the dual exhaust is much cooler
Fewer differences on the coupe that I was referencing. Still to each his own.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:35 AM

Mein Auto: E46 M3
I've got a question...

Quote:
Ladies. The 335i is just a much better car than the 328. That's it. There's no real debate possible. Someone who pays $45K for a car shouldn't be embarassed by just about everything on the road. That's my point. Turned the AC on the other day for the first time. The thing is even more punchless.

I tend to agree that faster is better, but superior handling feel is also better. Some of us also like a torque curve that swells with rpm.

...but I digress. My question is, are you an idiot or merely incompetent?

I assume you bought, the slowest, poorest handling model with an automatic, and on the test drive, were too busy profiling and smelling the leather to bother with less important things such as performance and chassis dynamics. So you bought it with the expectation that you'd have a top fueler in acceleration and get to smoke "lesser" cars, which is apparently your priority. This makes you an idiot on several different levels.

On the other hand, maybe you bought your car with a stick, which means you're merely incompetent, although your priorities are still idiotic.

My apologies for calling you an idiot if you're merely incompetent.

And for all of you geniuses who ponder why BMW put turbos in the 335 read about the European fuel economy regs that are coming. All engines have to get 30% better MPG by 2012. That's why the 335 went to turbos.
335 technology has absolutely nothing to do with future fuel economy regs. Low pressure turbos actually cost you mileage. 2012 technology calls for small engines with either high pressure turbos or a combination of turbo and supercharging technology such as in the next Golf.

So now I get to add ignorant to idiotic and incompetent when describing your mental attributes. Cool.

Bruce
Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Accord
328 vs 335

Yes the engine differences and acceleration are dramatic. Do most people who buy these things care, no. Otherwise 328's wouldn't outnumber 335's two or three to one. This has nothing to do with price, as BMW demographics reveal that most people who buy these cars have plenty of money. Look it up in J.D. Powers. Even happens in the 5's and 7's. People want a nice luxury car, with nice driving dynamics, seat of the pants acceleration only matters to a few, but still sizeable well healed buyers. Otherwise, they wouldn't have an M division. Statistically speaking, if you plan on owning the 328 will have better long term reliability, but if you're going to lease, might as well get the 335. Just my two cents.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Mein Auto: 335i sedan, sport paddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrZHP View Post
J
Just another difference between women and men i guess-

Women are born to shop, gossip and find ways to cure their "stress"

Men are born to screw, think about screwing and... arguing about cars!

BTW the Z4MC kicks the 335 coupes ASS!

Just had to throw that in to keep the thread going!
Men have severe "pissing post issues". No pissing post with another scent can be passed up. My dogs better than your dog, my prick is bigger than yours(more likely, it isnt very big at all and needs to be compensated for), its all very boorish and immature. It seems to be much worse with BMW owners in general, many of whom seem to think their car makes them a better man. When your car is what makes you a man, you are a very sad excuse for a man.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM

Mein Auto: E90 335xi (ED)
I am just so happy to have wasted the last 30 minutes reading this entire thread - because that's 30 more minutes closer to when my 335xi shows up

335xi Sedan - Monaco Blue, Beige, Walnut, Premium, Sport, Cold Weather, HD, Active Cruise, Nav., iPod Adap., CA (Pick-up July 5th)

Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 ZHP Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdriver View Post
Men have severe "pissing post issues". No pissing post with another scent can be passed up. My dogs better than your dog, my prick is bigger than yours(more likely, it isnt very big at all and needs to be compensated for), its all very boorish and immature. It seems to be much worse with BMW owners in general, many of whom seem to think their car makes them a better man. When your car is what makes you a man, you are a very sad excuse for a man.
Did I just get flamed here? Really it was in jest- honestly the "who's better" thing bores me- every car serves it own purpose at a price point the buyer can afford. The OP should have driven both and then made the financial decision after he drove both (and sometimes it takes more than one test drive) In some ways the 328 is 'better' than the 335 and vice versa.

And for the record my dick may be tiny but my Z4MC rocks!!
Old 06-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Mein Auto: 335i sedan, sport paddles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrZHP View Post
Did I just get flamed here? Really it was in jest- honestly the "who's better" thing bores me- every car serves it own purpose at a price point the buyer can afford. The OP should have driven both and then made the financial decision after he drove both (and sometimes it takes more than one test drive) In some ways the 328 is 'better' than the 335 and vice versa.

And for the record my dick may be tiny but my Z4MC rocks!!

No the intention was to comment on the earlier adversarial conversation, it bored me as well.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopdeluxe View Post
bmw101:

Please...stop feeding the trolls.

This guy WANTS to sling smack. Just don't respond. There is nothing trolls hate more than being ignored.

I think that the most laughable thing about it is that he CHOSE THE CAR. No one put a gun to his head.

As for me, I'm man enough to order a 328.
i like to mess with people well at least on the forum, and that's the beauty of having a virtual space for "discussions", you can mess with anyone. lol.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 E92 328i
Quote:
Ladies. The 335i is just a much better car than the 328. That's it. There's no real debate possible.
so it begs to ask: Why so hypocritical from the get go? you started this no-real-debate-possible debate. if you wanted speed, you probably wouldn't of ordered an Xi to begin with. good job maestro.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:17 PM

Mein Auto: trabant v12 w/sport packa
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ldplay View Post
so it begs to ask: Why so hypocritical from the get go? you started this no-real-debate-possible debate. if you wanted speed, you probably wouldn't of ordered an Xi to begin with. good job maestro.
"maestro" is German for fool?
Closed Thread